• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

strobogo

Banned
Have you tried to install googleplay.apk, what do you mean by "trouble shoot"?

I mean doing all the actual trouble shooting that Google Play has for the app not being on your device, I did install the apk via PC transfer, it installed, but didn't show up. The last thing to do is call the manufacturer.

BIGWORM

I mean doing all the actual trouble shooting that Google Play has for the app not being on your device, I did install the apk via PC transfer, it installed, but didn't show up. The last thing to do is call the manufacturer.

To say you installed via PC transfer sounds like you just transferred the apk over to the tablet to it's internal memory, not actually installing it.

strobogo

Banned
To say you installed via PC transfer sounds like you just transferred the apk over to the tablet to it's internal memory, not actually installing it.

No, I installed it. But after I installed it, it doesn't show up anywhere on the tablet except as the apk itself in the File Manager. I've had no issues doing such things on my transformer, but their tablets are both hardcore nerfed apparently.

BIGWORM

I think Snapseed is a good photo-editing app, along with Adobe Photostop Express, I think it's called.

No, I installed it. But after I installed it, it doesn't show up anywhere on the tablet except as the apk itself in the File Manager. I've had no issues doing such things on my transformer, but their tablets are both hardcore nerfed apparently.

Can you see if you can install another apk to the tablet? It might be sideloading is completely disabled. I remember a phone on ATT was like that, but was quickly re-enabled.

buhdeh

Decided to buy Press. Really nice looking app and I can probably get by with switching over to it.

Only thing I wish it had was a mobilizer + web view setting for feeds. I hate reading truncated articles and being forced to use the read more link on slow ass sites.

tino

Banned

I have never heard of it. Have you tried Amazon appstore, and tried a different launcher so you can access the app list from the lauchner.

Also tried one of the other alternative app stores.

If all eles fail, appchina.com

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Decided to buy Press. Really nice looking app and I can probably get by with switching over to it.

Only thing I wish it had was a mobilizer + web view setting for feeds. I hate reading truncated articles and being forced to use the read more link on slow ass sites.
Yep. Hopefully they're working on that.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Yep. Hopefully they're working on that.

I never received a reply back from those bums. What the fuck.

bengraven

What's the best app to improve the text messaging interface?

My wife just got an Android phone and it's really bland.

Edit: also, do you have to use the Google Play store to buy apps?

I'm a total Android noob.

Swig_

I have this app called "Apps Gone Free" for my iPod. It shows which apps are free daily. Is there an Android equivalent to this, aside from the Amazon app store? I've looked but come up empty handed.

Hieberrr

What's the best app to improve the text messaging interface?

My wife just got an Android phone and it's really bland.

Get Go SMS for a less bland version of messenger app. Lots of customizations, features, and themes.

_Isaac

You don't have to use Google Play. You can use Amazon's app store or you can install apks, but really Google Play is the most convenient. Are you not liking it?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally received a response from the Press devs:

Sorry for the delayed response. And thanks for all the great feedback!  Quicker article navigation and background/automatic syncing are our top priority features we're working on right now :). And a mobilizer view is in the plans as well. Check for improvements coming soon, and so happy you like Press!

I have this app called "Apps Gone Free" for my iPod. It shows which apps are free daily. Is there an Android equivalent to this, aside from the Amazon app store? I've looked but come up empty handed.

there's no Android equivalent.

unless there was a recent change in the ToS, an app that is made free on the Play Store cannot be changed back to a paid app.

trying out SwiftKey right now ands its pretty awesome at catching the garbage letters and fixing them up I typed this all from SwiftKey and only had to make 2 corrections. very impressed.

AndyD

aka andydumi
trying out SwiftKey right now ands its pretty awesome at catching the garbage letters and fixing them up I typed this all from SwiftKey and only had to make 2 corrections. very impressed.

Their flow still needs some work, it has trouble with double letters for me, like "soon" always ends up as "son" and so forth. But otherwise, SwiftKey is the keyboard to beat.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Falcon Pro got another significant update, great work by the developer:
v1.4 - last of 2012 !
- Added YouTube api integration
- Added option to Enable double tap on tweets
- Added logout button
- Added hide keyboard on RT
- Added report for SPAM
- Added mute mangement from settings
- Added hashtag auto fill when searching for tweets
- Added slider for refresh rates
- New "More Actions" dialog design
- Enhanced conversation view with private accounts

tino

Banned
I have been getting alot of problems with Diceplayer recently.

-half of the videos on smb lan don't work
-report wrong file size
-ext subtitle over lan doesn't work

I paid 6 bux for that shit.

Gave BSplayer Free a try and everything I need worked.

jokkir

Tweedle got updated:

What's in this version:
Added retweeted by to tweet detail
Added recent searches
Re-implemented YouTube player with new official api
Improved startup time
Fixed missing translatable strings
Fixed broken profile image url parsing
Fixed various bugs

Play Store link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handlerexploit.tweedle&hl=en

All I need is trends and I can probably use this as a replacement for the official Twitter app. Looks better than Falcon Pro too, imo.

ElDiablo90x

Neo Member
Does anyone know a good alternative Youtube player? The one that came on my Nexus 4 is really crap, keeps crashing after a few videos. Youtube using the firefox browser doesn't work either.

I have been getting alot of problems with Diceplayer recently.

-half of the videos on smb lan don't work
-report wrong file size
-ext subtitle over lan doesn't work

I paid 6 bux for that shit.

Gave BSplayer Free a try and everything I need worked.

I'm having the same problems with Dice...files that are few gb's are reported as 348mb or something. And they won't play.

Didn't pay for it...
Bsplayer plays everything fine but won't show my folders sometimes. No idea why that happens but it sucks...

Top Bottom