• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Aeonin

I've just put a little app out on Google Play (and soon Amazon). Surprisingly, it got into the Top 7 New Paid Apps in the Live Wallpaper category - theres a free version as well too. If anyone wants to check it out - its called Endless Universe. Hope some ya'll think its cool. Ok, time for me to get back to work. Thanks!

Free Version | Full Version
Video Preview

Melchiah

Is there YouTube Me kind of app? It would make browsing Gaf better on Android, as now the YouTube links show as black boxes for me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there a way to get the US Flipboard version via the Euopean Play Store ? Cant find a way to change location/language settings with my phone having german language settings :-/

moojito

Thanks! I feel like I'm in the damn future.

I love apps that give you that feeling.

The top "I am living in Star Trek" app for me is the s voice that comes with the s3. When I say "set alarm for 6am" with my Scottish accent it actually sets the alarm! Previous voice recognition apps would be giving me directions to Poland or something if I said that to them.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Tasker is getting its much needed UI revamp: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/bTuX8

zOUDmME.jpg

Still looks like shit. This guy needs to hire a designer.

tino

Banned
Tasker is getting its much needed UI revamp: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html

The whole point of Tasker is set automatic routine and forget it. Set it and forget it.

Only in an Android thread I hear people complain about the aesthetic of a programming environment. Do you also have problem with the aesthetic of your circuit breaker panel?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I love apps that give you that feeling.

The top "I am living in Star Trek" app for me is the s voice that comes with the s3. When I say "set alarm for 6am" with my Scottish accent it actually sets the alarm! Previous voice recognition apps would be giving me directions to Poland or something if I said that to them.

Heh :D

Yeah, I'd like that. I'd also like if freaking Google Now/Voice commands would finally freaking work at all in Germany. I'm actually thinking about setting my phone to english completely but I'm almost sure problems will show up with that, for example typing and stuff.

Dammit, Google. Just hurry up already.

skybaby

Heh :D

Yeah, I'd like that. I'd also like if freaking Google Now/Voice commands would finally freaking work at all in Germany. I'm actually thinking about setting my phone to english completely but I'm almost sure problems will show up with that, for example typing and stuff.

Dammit, Google. Just hurry up already.
Just do it. You can change typing language on the fly on most keyboards including Google's own.

I'm looking for a new RSS/news reader because, while I love Feedly, it's built-in browser is too unstable. I've tried Pulse but it has more in common with Currents (can you add RSS feeds to either of those apps?). Now I'm conflicted because there are things I like about both Pulse and Currents - I like Pulse's Pocket-like articles and I like the vertical scrolling in Currents. Is there a magical app that combines the best of Pulse/Current and supports RSS feeds?

Cipherr

Damn man for real? That looks a million times more pleasing to the eye than it does currently. Its not going to be the pinnacle of design, but the Holo cues and clear readability will do wonders for the approachability of the app.

Whether such an app should bother with not 'scaring off the casual phone user' or not is another discussion altogether. But that app looks good so far, especially as a work in progress.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The whole point of Tasker is set automatic routine and forget it. Set it and forget it.

Only in an Android thread I hear people complain about the aesthetic of a programming environment. Do you also have problem with the aesthetic of your circuit breaker panel?
Who needs to go into their circuit breaker panel? No one. What's the point of an app if its UI is so bad people don't know how to accomplish things on it without a guide? That is shit design. It's not always about looks. And even then, looks matter. Who wants to drive around an ugly, yet awesome performing car?

Damn man for real? That looks a million times more pleasing to the eye than it does currently. Its not going to be the pinnacle of design, but the Holo cues and clear readability will do wonders for the approachability of the app.

Whether such an app should bother with not 'scaring off the casual phone user' or not is another discussion altogether. But that app looks good so far, especially as a work in progress.

It looks better, yes, but it still looks like shit. It's good progress but the guy already had Google fix his app for him.

cw_sasuke

FLipboard settings (gear icon on main screen) -> content Guide edition.

Thats the problem, switched it to United Stated - but nothing really changes, the language is still the same and the sources are not the one im used from the US flipboard version i have on the iPad.

Xanonano

Thats the problem, switched it to United Stated - but nothing really changes, the language is still the same and the sources are not the one im used from the US flipboard version i have on the iPad.
Are you looking in the content guide (the magnifying glass icon)? The categories you already have won't change; you have to add new ones after changing the region.

Tk0n

I've just put a little app out on Google Play (and soon Amazon). Surprisingly, it got into the Top 7 New Paid Apps in the Live Wallpaper category - theres a free version as well too. If anyone wants to check it out - its called Endless Universe. Hope some ya'll think its cool. Ok, time for me to get back to work. Thanks!

Free Version | Full Version
Video Preview

looks really nice.
unfortuanately, when i enable it, i get quite a bit of lag on my gnex.

cw_sasuke

Are you looking in the content guide (the magnifying glass icon)? The categories you already have won't change; you have to add new ones after changing the region.

Oops, you are right - didnt check for new sources there. Thanks :)

Damaged

Does anyone know of a decent photo editing application? Something like lightroom with raw image support? I'm using a galaxy note

Flipboard.

But Feedly is better.

What I don't like about flipboard is that it has a lot of "default feeds" that don't 'flip'. Too many feeds just get me to the browser version of the news. I also don't like the social integration. Facebook messes up cover stories without any chance of removal and I get feeds from people I unsuscribed on FB already.

It's nice for flipping through stories but as soon as I open the stories the magic is mostly gone.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I got a Google Play gift card for Christmas, and I'm looking for apps that might help a prospective teacher.

Books would also be good (especially Social Studies), but I'm not looking to spend $100 on some pdf file.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Guys, Zplayer is on sale. If your looking for a good free music widget/app though, may I suggest Rocket Player? I fucking love the sleep timer feature.

I was tired of not waking at my alarms due to falling asleep to loud music. I know it kills music during alarms, but I feel like if my ears were just passively hearing loud music that they will also not respond to my alarm.

yogloo

God damn. Google currents interface design is horrible. No consistency whatsoever. Back button on top of the screen moves you back to the previous screen, yet it dissapears when you are reading the article then it forces you to use the hardware back button. Hardware button sometimes gets you to the previous page and sometimes kicks you out of the app. Wtf is this shit?
And why can't I arrange my feeds? If I believe that some sports blog that I read should go into the sports section, let me do it. Don't force me to lump it in the feeds category.

Since we're talking about reader apps, anyone mind replying to my previou post about Currents vs. Pulse? I have discovered I can add RSS feeds to Pulse so I'm now leaning towards Pulse. However, there are two problems with using Pulse exclusively. First, I can't set all of the stories in a feed as read (as I can in Google Reader). Second, plenty of feeds and offical Pulse feeds only show snippets of the story and require going to the website to read the whole thing. Obviously this is a problem with Google Reader as well but you would think the Pulse devs would apply some QA to the feeds they choose from. Any help in that area?

Speevy

Banned
Tape Machine is awesome.

I've recorded lectures in both small rooms and huge auditoriums, can hear the professor perfectly.

Can someone help me out? There's something I don't understand.

I use Splashtop streamer to connect to my PC from school, which is great. It just connects to my Google account. No data plan, just right over the internet.

I use ES File Explorer to access my files from my home network, which is great. However, I need to be on my wifi network while I'm at school?

Is there an app that would allow me to log into google the same way I just serve my files up that way from my home computer?

rc213

Really need those on-screen buttons way smaller. Anyone know of a good cheap Bluetooth controller that won't need root?

Bboy AJ

Chrome Beta has been updated. Turn on webGL for a nice speed boost.

Type chrome://flags in the URL bar. Tap "Enable webGL" then "Relaunch now."

Top Bottom