• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

tino

Banned
Is there a weather app that can give me alert when the temperature in the morning is below certain degree? For example, I set it to 25 degree. It will only alert me when its between 25, otherwise I don't see it on my screen.

Speevy

Banned
Is SNES9x GX+ supposed to be free?

All his other apps are paid (And quite expensive.....)

They're paid, but they have the following attributes.

+Input is responsive, clean, customizable
+Menus are intuitive
+Graphics, sound options are straightforward and provide for the person who wants perfect emulation and the person who wants to display everything across their huge screen.
+Graphics, sound are excellent
+No ugly ads.

He actually went through the trouble of tailoring this emulator to someone who cares about a nice experience, while maintaining the clean simplicity you'd want from an Android app.

I don't think emulators should cost money either, but he did create these himself.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Even though I don't really use Twitter anymore thanks to app.net and I don't really need a good Twitter client anymore thanks to Falcon Pro, I'm still looking forward to Carbon.

womp

Snes9z EX+ recently got released and apparently it is by far the best snes emu.

Nah, it's been around for a while but Google for whatever reason pulled it from Play about a year and a half ago. You could always download and side load it from Robert's site anytime.

Great that it has been reinstated to Play now though.

Broglia's emulators are the best on Android, well worth ponying up the cash for.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey guys, I just bought Z player and I'm wondering how exactly I go about using the visualizer and lyrics display. This is one sexy app, for sure, I'm just trying to get my bearings.

Also, is there a sleep timer? Thanks!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is that even still a thing?

No you're not

See, they're back:

They came out of hibernation on Twitter a couple of weeks ago to pass a snarky comment referencing the fact that Koush had named his new app Carbon. Then nothing.

edit - well would you look at that. As soon as I post this, they say that they've given a preview to a big Android site (I assume Androidpolice). So who knows, it might not be vaporware after all.

Now they are saying that a preview build has been sent to the biggest android site. Let's wait.

It's Android Central. They have back and forths with Phil.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Android-GAF. Wondering if Falcon Pro is worth all that I've been hearing about? Right now I use the official Twitter app but I'm wondering if it should go for Falcon Pro. It's only a dollar!

Hey Android-GAF. Wondering if Falcon Pro is worth all that I've been hearing about? Right now I use the official Twitter app but I'm wondering if it should go for Falcon Pro. It's only a dollar!

Yep.

Going from the best client (Tweetbot), it's a little jarring in places..but it's seriously awesome

Ok question, is there anyway to turn of the restrains when cropping in the default Android image editor on 4.2

sphinx

the piano man
can anyone suggest me an easy to use and simple app that changes inches into centimeters and pounds into kilograms???

buhdeh

Yep.

Going from the best client (Tweetbot), it's a little jarring in places..but it's seriously awesome

Ok question, is there anyway to turn of the restrains when cropping in the default Android image editor on 4.2

You mean the aspect ratio? Press the "original" square and choose none.

Horseticuffs

Guys, I've pretty much filled the 8gb SD card I bought with music, so I ordered a bigger card.

I started buying my music from amazon a good while back so it's no big deal to retrieve that music from their cloud when I install my new card. My music from when I switched from iOS I've uploaded to dropbox so that's taken care of, I should think.

My concern is for all the apps I've installed to my SD. Without rooting is there any way I can just transfer the contents of my current SD card to a PC or something and just transfer it back once I've installed my new SD? Do I just need to bite the bullet and make a list of everything on my current card and just reinstall?

Thanks, guys. I realize I'm probably up a creek without a paddle here and should probably just view this as an opportunity to reevaluate what apps I keep installed.

Locke_211

Looking for a Word type substitute for my Nexus. Is there a general consensus about the best word-processor app? Don't mind if its not free, if it's really good.

Horseticuffs

Looking for a Word type substitute for my Nexus. Is there a general consensus about the best word-processor app? Don't mind if its not free, if it's really good.

I found Kingsoft office to be usable. Honestly, though, I haven't used it much and it was the only one I tried.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
On Nexus 4.
Anyone know of a sound editor that will let you save to .wav?
Basically for speech, 1 or 2 channels that will always output to a mono .wav track.
I found a few that will let me edit and import .wav but not export to .wav, which is a deal breaker.

I would be willing to use 2 apps if needed, sound editor out to .mp3 then another app for .mp3 to .wav.

Thanks

Bboy AJ

Without rooting is there any way I can just transfer the contents of my current SD card to a PC or something and just transfer it back once I've installed my new SD?

Same phone? Just swapping out the SD card? That might work.

yogloo

I have officesuite6 in my phone but I barely ever used it for word processing. Anything in particular that you are looking for in the word processing app?

tino

Banned
The new google doc/drive is very usable.

I am able to update my gogle docs spreadsheet from my phone without any issue. Remember you do most of the work from your PC browser. The phone app is for updating.

Is there any good Nintendo DS emulator for Android?

I look at my DS games shelf nostalgically, there are games I haven't finished or ones that are worth revisiting, but I often feel too bothered to fetch or carry the 3DS (my DS Lite has long been retired to cold storage). I can imagine games looking and playing great on a capable touchphone with a nice display. I just got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I will dream about a DS emulator with wacom digitizer stylus support.

Anyone knows where the app "snesEmu" saves the save file for games?

Im want to move to the other recommended Snes emulators on this page but I have a Metroid save with some hours into it and I dont want to start from scratch!

Guys, I've pretty much filled the 8gb SD card I bought with music, so I ordered a bigger card.

I started buying my music from amazon a good while back so it's no big deal to retrieve that music from their cloud when I install my new card. My music from when I switched from iOS I've uploaded to dropbox so that's taken care of, I should think.

My concern is for all the apps I've installed to my SD. Without rooting is there any way I can just transfer the contents of my current SD card to a PC or something and just transfer it back once I've installed my new SD? Do I just need to bite the bullet and make a list of everything on my current card and just reinstall?

Thanks, guys. I realize I'm probably up a creek without a paddle here and should probably just view this as an opportunity to reevaluate what apps I keep installed.

no need to make a list yourself! there's an app for that.

everything that isn't an app, you can just copy from one SD card to the other.

Threi

notag
Anyone knows where the app "snesEmu" saves the save file for games?

Im want to move to the other recommended Snes emulators on this page but I have a Metroid save with some hours into it and I dont want to start from scratch!

check if there is a .srm file in your roms folder. That is usually what the savefile is, named the same as the rom (.smc) file.

Man, I feel like I want more apps but everything is mainly apps for rooted phones or something that I won't use.

I need some usefulness. I bought reddit is fun golden platinum. Can't think of much else.

Bboy AJ

Man, I feel like I want more apps but everything is mainly apps for rooted phones or something that I won't use.

I need some usefulness. I bought reddit is fun golden platinum. Can't think of much else.

Shame on you for not using Reddit Sync instead.

check if there is a .srm file in your roms folder. That is usually what the savefile is, named the same as the rom (.smc) file.

I should check with a File manager, the SNES GX emulator doesnt find it and when loading Super Metroid from that directory it loads as if there are no saves.

Do you know of any way of searching the whole memory card for *.srm files?

bonesquad

Shame on you for not using Reddit Sync instead.

I'd actually recommend Reddit Flow. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deeptrouble.yaarreddit

It's fairly new and so it may be missing a few features yet, but in my opinion it's already much better than any of the other reddit clients I tried on Nexus 7. I was comparing them all to Alien Blue on my iPhone, which is excellent, but everything on Android just felt clunky. Reddit Flow comes close to Alien Blue even in its early 'alpha' stage.

Is there any good Nintendo DS emulator for Android?

I look at my DS games shelf nostalgically, there are games I haven't finished or ones that are worth revisiting, but I often feel too bothered to fetch or carry the 3DS (my DS Lite has long been retired to cold storage). I can imagine games looking and playing great on a capable touchphone with a nice display. I just got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I will dream about a DS emulator with wacom digitizer stylus support.

DSDroid seems to be the leader in the DS Emu space, and its free. DSoid has better compatibility but is sometimes slower.

Top Bottom