• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Threi

notag
I should check with a File manager, the SNES GX emulator doesnt find it and when loading Super Metroid from that directory it loads as if there are no saves.

Do you know of any way of searching the whole memory card for *.srm files?
best bet would be to dl a file manager app with a search function.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'd actually recommend Reddit Flow. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deeptrouble.yaarreddit

It's fairly new and so it may be missing a few features yet, but in my opinion it's already much better than any of the other reddit clients I tried on Nexus 7. I was comparing them all to Alien Blue on my iPhone, which is excellent, but everything on Android just felt clunky. Reddit Flow comes close to Alien Blue even in its early 'alpha' stage.

Opinion invalidated and ignored. That app is so shitty. I have no idea why people think it's good.

Hi everyone,

We’re getting closer to launching SwiftKey Flow as part of our next major SwiftKey update, but before we do, we have another beta for all of you Android users to try out!

We’ve listened to your feedback and added your top-requested features: you can now “flow” in pretty much every text field, and you can easily change or correct previously inputted words by tapping on them.

Please download the APKs onto your phone or tablet, try them out, and let us know what you think in the SwiftKey VIP Community. We rely on your feedback to ensure that our apps are in the best possible shape before they hit the market.

Thanks!
Charlie Edmunds
Head of Consumer Insight

PS We’d love it if you could nominate our CEO Jon Reynolds for Young European Tech Entrepreneur of the Year at the Europioneers. Jon has built SwiftKey from an idea to a successful and innovative business – and he’s only just turned 27!

Changes in this version:
* Predictions (and Flow) now on in most places (exceptions: email fields, passwords, anywhere where the app doesn’t behave itself with SwiftKey, fields offering their own corrections on Android versions <= 2.2)
* Easier corrections – just tap on the word and SwiftKey will offer you 3 possibilities
* New languages: Thai, Vietnamese, Bosnian, Albanian, Javan, Sundanese (plus those added in 3.1)
* Features from SwiftKey 3.1: Berry theme, split layout in landscape on phones, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Georgian, Hindi, Hinglish, Irish, Macedonian, Spanish (Latin America) and Tagalog
* New layouts for Hindi and Russian
* Ukrainian landscape layout fixed
* Backspacing on to the final word of a multi word prediction (Flow through space) will now give better alternatives
* Typing style now inferred rather than a setting
* Long press delete accelerates after the first word

Bugs fixed:
* Flowing off shift no longer triggers a change in shift state
* Flow no longer gets stuck when you flow off the bottom of a page
* Quick period working after single letter words
* Arrow key repeats
* Learning when sending messages or tabbing between fields with the enter key fixed
* Azeri capital i behaviour corrected
* Estonian will now predict words containing ö
* Fixed force close on Beta predictions
* Flow trace no longer left behind after flowing
* Mounting an SD card will turn predictions off only if SwiftKey language packs are stored on that SD card
* Keyclick sounds no longer doubled
* Haptic duration made consistent with flow on and off

Known issues:
* Places you still cannot Flow: email fields, passwords, anywhere where the app doesn’t behave itself with SwiftKey, fields offering their own corrections on Android versions <= 2.2
* Selecting and deleting a chunk of text in Samsung email client on SIII and Note 2 deletes text before the cursor as well as after
* Slight jitteriness when toggling between Hindi and Thai primary and secondary layouts
* Turkish i still does not capitalise correctly
* Long pressing SwiftKey mic in Google Now causes the keyboard to disappear
* Occasional surprising capitalisations of flowed words
* Flowing through space often fails after relatively unusual words
* If you experience high memory usage after installing, this may be fixed by rebooting your phone

http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/swiftkey-flow-beta-update/

almost time for primetime!

On Nexus 4.
Anyone know of a sound editor that will let you save to .wav?
Basically for speech, 1 or 2 channels that will always output to a mono .wav track.
I found a few that will let me edit and import .wav but not export to .wav, which is a deal breaker.

I would be willing to use 2 apps if needed, sound editor out to .mp3 then another app for .mp3 to .wav.

Thanks
tried this one yet?

bigkrev

Ok, so I made the 3 am decision to switch from an iPhone4 to a Droid Razr HD, mainly because i'm broke and the Razr HD is free on Amazon right now. The apps I used the most were Instacast (podcast app), Rotoworld (Sports/Fantasy news), Peggle, Orcish Librarian (Magic the Gathering Card lookup/price checker), and the Music player

...and as best I can navigate the Play store, none of those apps are on Android. Anyone have suggestions as to what I can use to replace them?

tino

Banned
Ok, so I made the 3 am decision to switch from an iPhone4 to a Droid Razr HD, mainly because i'm broke and the Razr HD is free on Amazon right now. The apps I used the most were Instacast (podcast app), Rotoworld (Sports/Fantasy news), Peggle, Orcish Librarian (Magic the Gathering Card lookup/price checker), and the Music player

...and as best I can navigate the Play store, none of those apps are on Android. Anyone have suggestions as to what I can use to replace them?

Poscast: get BeyondPod
Peggle: its on Android, just look around
Music: PowerAMP or Zplayer are both good

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Navigate the OP.

Hieberrr

For pocasts use Volksempfanger until the new Pocket Casts gets released.

i dunno, maybe this...

bigkrev

Thanks, that's exactly what I am looking for.

Poscast: get BeyondPod
Peggle: its on Android, just look around
Music: PowerAMP or Zplayer are both good

See, this is why I needed to post- I had no idea there were stores other than the standard Google one and the Amazon one. Found Peggle, thanks.

For pocasts use Volksempfanger until the new Pocket Casts gets released.

People rave about Pocketcasts- ill use a free one until they update.

Navigate the OP.

I figured cause the thread was more than a year old, it would be out of date. I didn't even realize you could click on those pictures to go to the lists.

Okay, so I'm finally going to try and root my phone so I can install a new ROM on it. Really tired of the GPS issues and Harmonia looks great.

What's the best way to backup all my data on my phone and later restoring it since it seems I'll lose it all upon rooting it.

Okay got it going now. So does this thing do just Apps or does it do text messages/contacts/etc too? Or is that already covered by syncing it with the Google account?

EDIT: Nevermind Got it to work just fine. Harmonia is pretty sweet.

I just started using pocket. Cool free app that lets you save web pages. No ads either. Great for saving FAQs from gamefaqs. No need to stop playing and browse the web for help.

Fatalah

Could anyone recommend a fast search widget?

The stock Google Search app is terribly slow on my old phone running Jellybean.

I just started using pocket. Cool free app that lets you save web pages. No ads either. Great for saving FAQs from gamefaqs. No need to stop playing and browse the web for help.

Pocket is great. I didn't really think much of it prior to using it, but now it's one of my most-used apps. My data connection gets really spotty at work, so I love being able to read articles offline. And the reformatting that it does makes a lot of articles much more readable.

Bboy AJ

As one of the bigger haters of Chrome, I use it regularly now. Chrome Beta with certain graphical flags enabled is just as good as stock.

My only issue is ugly fonts like when I composed this post.

Bboy AJ

I'm looking for a lyrics app that supports Google Music and maybe Rdio/Spotify. I don't understand Tunewiki - it's like a local app player and Shazam built in one with MINOR lyrics support, only for Google Music. Musixmatch is nice but it's too Facebook-centric. What about lyrics websites with mobile layouts?

Fatalah

Any fun SuperBowl contest apps like last year?

99fSNATfPs43mBdujDbxdweX6ZOZmleaHjNBexV_fIEaQ-h2nxn0dvkTbFgVUhJ8izc=w705

kaskade

Oh man, falcon update broke it.

Also, I'd recommend Reddit Sync for a reddit app. It's not perfect but it is updated constantly. There's going to be a pretty big one coming soon redesigning some UI stuff.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So let me get this shit straight, lads. I buy carbon premium for a fin and I can back up my shitty gingerbread phone and my nexus tablet to the cloud with NO PC involved? 'Cause that's how I'm reading it, perhaps incorrectly.

So let me get this shit straight, lads. I buy carbon premium for a fin and I can back up my shitty gingerbread phone and my nexus tablet to the cloud with NO PC involved? 'Cause that's how I'm reading it, perhaps incorrectly.

I dont know. Tested it with Subway Surfers, Angry Birds Star Wars and Super Monsters Ate my Condo.

Only SMAMC actually grabbed the save data, Star wars and Subway Surfers bought had me starting off blank slates after I did the backup, uninstall, redownload and restortation. So it may be on a case by case basis.

These were also all backed up to the cloud.

Swig_

Can anyone recommend a good eBook reader for PDF/Mobi files? I bought a 10" tablet a while go, partially to read books, but I'm using EasyPDF Reader and it's not very comfortable. I'm not sure if I just don't like reading on a tablet or if it's the software, but I don't like it.

I'd like to try some other options that feel more like reading a book rather than reading off of software.

Stryder

Can anyone recommend a good eBook reader for PDF/Mobi files? I bought a 10" tablet a while go, partially to read books, but I'm using EasyPDF Reader and it's not very comfortable. I'm not sure if I just don't like reading on a tablet or if it's the software, but I don't like it.

I'd like to try some other options that feel more like reading a book rather than reading off of software.
I've been using Fabrik which has been fine for me.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Hey Google. Why don't you focus on making your basic phone functions work rather than adding shitty little tweaks to your apps.

Let me end my current call when another call comes in!! Is it that freaking hard!

Top Bottom