• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Ahmed_Johnson_-_Anthony_Norris_12.jpg

Are they really changing the verbiage from King of Strong Style to The Artist Known as.. ?

Because it seems like they are. It actually seems like that is what they are trying to do with Nakamura.
Would be morbid of him to keep hyping up Strong Style in America when that mentality of wrestling already ended the career of one of his friends in Japan this month

Would be morbid of him to keep hyping up Strong Style in America when that mentality of wrestling already ended the career of one of his friends in Japan this month
I was going to say if what happened to Shibata influence something at the WWE. I know they called Nakamura "King of Strong Style" on Smackdown before.

Wait, I thought Smackdown Live was a perfect show who cared about real wrestlers? What happened?

I look forward to Sami Zayn having a big feud with Dolph Ziggler during the Kickoff show at Summerslam.

How is he a meme? He's not known for one thing.

He isn't known to have ever had a great (or probably even good match). He isn't known for cutting great/good promos. He isn't known for having a great character. He isn't known for being charismatic.

He is known for steroid jokes and hindering jokes. Thats all really. Nobody would give a shit about him if it wasn't for the HARDBODY thing.

If people find that entertaining enough for him to be in a number 1 contender role over Zayn, Owens, AJ, Nakamura, Harper etc etc thats cool, everyone is entertained and enjoys different things. But lets not pretend he isn't a meme wrestler.

Also, he now has a rich, evil foreigner gimmick. Owens has an evil foreigner gimmick. Daivari now has a rich, evil foreigner gimmick too. Smackdown and 205 Live were bad TV today.

Adree

I'm all for giving Jinder a chance but he's clearly just going to be fed to Orton and ugh two evil foreigner gimmicks on the same show?

Love Owens new entrance ramp graphic though

Hasney

I'm all for giving Jinder a chance but he's clearly just going to be fed to Orton and ugh two evil foreigner gimmicks on the same show?

Love Owens new entrance ramp graphic though

Surely you prove yourself on the undercard though? He's had years of chances and done fuck all entertaining.

If you accidentally leave this on in the background in another room, it becomes the chorus to a song.

Nekofrog

Banned
registered for the network on the 26th of feb, 2 days after it launched

some squared circle nerd is going to win instead of me now

Adree

Surely you prove yourself on the undercard though? He's had years of chances and done fuck all entertaining.

Maybe I'm just invested more in the idea of people getting chances than which ones they are giving them to at the moment? I mean fuck I don't want to see him wrestle either but WWE runs shit into the ground with the same wrestlers in the same programs that it's at least a slight change to the norm?

Also I'm pretty sure he's just taken the Rusev spot over until Rusev returns from injury. Now what that says about what they think of Rusev is something I don't want to dwell on lest I be depressed.

Hasney

Maybe I'm just invested more in the idea of people getting chances than which ones they are giving them to at the moment? I mean fuck I don't want to see him wrestle either but WWE runs shit into the ground with the same wrestlers in the same programs that it's at least a slight change to the norm?

Also I'm pretty sure he's just taken the Rusev spot over until Rusev returns from injury. Now what that says about what they think of Rusev is something I don't want to dwell on lest I be depressed.

The only thing I would argue there is that Smackdown hasn't had that problem since the split. From Ambrose's first reign, to AJ's first reign to Brays first reign were all guys that were over and deserved it. Obviously Randy is old news, but I don't think vomming Jinder at him is the solution. I would take Rowan over that.

Adree

The only thing I would argue there is that Smackdown hasn't had that problem since the split. From Ambrose's first reign, to AJ's first reign to Brays first reign were all guys that were over and deserved it. Obviously Randy is old news, but I don't think vomming Jinder at him is the solution. I would take Rowan over that.

I would say that Rowan going away for awhile and then coming back might reset him similar to Jinder but lol they just did that and he's back jobbin' away.

Hasney

I would say that Rowan going away for awhile and then coming back might reset him similar to Jinder but lol they just did that and he's back jobbin' away.

Yeah and now he has no Bray to back him up. But at least he has a cool mas now. That's... something I guess?

Pikma

Banned
How can the people who booked the end of that 205 main event, which was great, also book the crap that preceded it? The anti flying shit and the slut shaming was just gross

What the fuck

Also, just get Kendrick the fuck off my tv.

But yeah, Neville + TJP look incredibly menacing
If only stables were a thing in WWE...

Hasney

Neville/TJP/Aries turning/#DIY turning and called up to make a cruiserweight stable that breaks out of just being in the division and invade other segments on Raw or Smackdown. That would be awesome.

???

I know this gets brought up all the time but again, there's someone (probably either Kevin Dunn or Vince) who thinks this is how people should naturally be formed around a TV backstage because they gotta have the invisible camera guy needs to get them all in the shot and the match obscured. Actually considering Vince has probably barely watched actual television for over 30 years I could see this being an edict from him on how these dumb "standing backstage watching a match" cutaways should be shot.

Hasney

Also, TJP needs video game boss music now.

???

I know this gets brought up all the time but again, there's someone (probably either Kevin Dunn or Vince) who thinks this is how people should naturally be formed around a TV backstage because they gotta have the invisible camera guy needs to get them all in the shot and the match obscured. Actually considering Vince has probably barely watched actual television for over 30 years I could see this being an edict from him on how these dumb "standing backstage watching a match" cutaways should be shot.

I think everyone, including Vince and Dunne know it's unnatural, but feel that getting everyone and the match itself in the shot is more important.

It would be a lot easier to just have the match Picture in Picture and show people sat down in a locker room looking at a screen though.

Adree

For once wwe is doing something smart and not everexposing their biggest new star by having throwaway matches every week, I'm glad that they're building up the hype to his debut match on tv.

Maybe they got scared considering Balor got concussed last week and one of the Revival got his jaw broke over the weekend. Add in Shibata and wrasslin' is too cursed this April.

rrc1594

Maybe they got scared considering Balor got concussed last week and one of the Revival got his jaw broke over the weekend. Add in Shibata and wrasslin' is too cursed this April.

Wow didn't know one of the Revival got their jaw broken. When?

Top Bottom