• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

At the next WCPW event Mysterio is wrestling El Ligero

17904523_337385556677387_6126666751251259669_n.jpg

For once wwe is doing something smart and not everexposing their biggest new star by having throwaway matches every week, I'm glad that they're building up the hype to his debut match on tv.

Its the right way to go. Nakamura was less over leaving NXT than when he arrived. He needs to be a special attraction. They just need to be careful about it and not American Alpha him.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hate the "if you can beat the champion you earn the opportunity to face the champion for the belt" gimmick. Why?

Imagine if UFC did this. Introduce some goddamn rankings and have newcomers go through the lower ranked fighters to become #1 contender if you can't be arsed to give them a soap opera storyline of revenge to get that title fight.

Pikma

Banned
I hate the "if you can beat the champion you earn the opportunity to face the champion for the belt" gimmick. Why?

Imagine if UFC did this. Introduce some goddamn rankings and have newcomers go through the lower ranked fighters to become #1 contender if you can't be arsed to give them a soap opera storyline of revenge to get that title fight.
It's fucking stupid and lazy

rrc1594

More I think about the Jindar winning the more it makes sense. It protects Corbin, Sami, Luke, etc.... You need someone to feud with Orton and he is not dropping that title. Plus I don't see how it makes Sami look weak, yeah he ate the pin, but he was cheated plus he beat Jindar clean like 3 weeks ago.

orioto

Good Art™
The US Championship picture is the main event picture in SD Live.

Clearly, and that would be amazing if that feud wasn't "America Hero Aj Styles will show ridicule evil Quebecer Owens how you wrassle!"

Somewhat it feels like those guys don't need a gimmick, cause they are wreslting for adults, but they have to make their feud more kiddy and ruin it.

And to think they gave them an iron man match in a house show 1 year ago..

Hasney

More I think about the Jindar winning the more it makes sense. It protects Corbin, Sami, Luke, etc.... You need someone to feud with Orton and he is not dropping that title. Plus I don't see how it makes Sami look weak, yeah he ate the pin, but he was cheated plus he beat Jindar clean like 3 weeks ago.

And it also gives you a break from watching wrestling until he's out of the picture. It's win-win!

Forkball

When was the last time Jinder Mahal actually won a match before tonight? I just looked up his name on Youtube and all I found was a victory over Heath Slater in August which was essentially a comedy roll up spot.

Hasney

Lol Randy Orton is the champ and nobody cared even before Jinder, it's not like he's feuding with fucking Okada.

I cared for the Orton/Bray feud. I'd probably have more interest if they just picked some CZW curtain jerker for the championship match. Or even Ellsworth, at least he's funny.

I ain't missing no AJ and KO promo, plus I'm willing to give Jindar a chance, It will most likely be Orton to make me stop watching TBH.

Eh, AJ face and KO is still finding this character as it's not working right now. Probably because it's so generic. I'll obviously watch the match but I don't care for the build.

GunBR

Besides that, Jinder don't look like a jobber anymore
Orton has someone to beat until Summerslam, people will cheer for him, even losing Jinder will look strong enough to be used in the mid card later (like Ziggler getting the IC belt after losing to Dean last year).
It's good booking

The only bad thing is to know that RuRu would probably had this spot if he wasn't hurt

Hasney

rrc1594

If Jindar and Bollywood Boys become a stable, I wouldn't mind them winning. It's been a while since we had a stable run a show. Also while on the subject stable's were also a good way to get heels some heat and faces over. It's like Vince doesn't understand anything about his own business.

Heroman

Banned
Jinder is a job guy who shouldn't never get a title shot cause he has won a match and it doesn't protect anyone and kills the meaning of the belt. Also jinder is super super bad

Seijuro

Are they really changing the verbiage from King of Strong Style to The Artist Known as.. ?

Because it seems like they are. It actually seems like that is what they are trying to do with Nakamura.

Probably Vince doesn't watch NXT, panicked when he saw Shinsuke move down the ramp on a main show with his typical moves and didn't know how else to package that swagger.

rrc1594

Jinder is a job guy who shouldn't never get a title shot cause he has won a match and it doesn't protect anyone and kills the meaning of the belt. Also jinder is super super bad

I get it, but sometimes you got to look at the bigger picture. Does it make the World Title scene boring for the next 3-4 months? Yes it does. but at least we get AJ/KO for a little bit.

Edit- The US title is the most important belt in WWE now.

Hasney

I get it, but sometimes you got to look at the bigger picture. Does it make the World Title scene boring for the next 3-4 months? Yes it does. but at least we get AJ/KO for a little bit.

They re-sign Drew McIntyre and he could have come in with a ton of steam, won that match and came up just short against Orton and have a much better match. Instead, he's on NXT and Jinder is on Smackdown...

Pikma

Banned
You can't kill the meaning of the belt, it didn't have any

I mean, Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton are your champs in 2017, what else do I need to say?

rrc1594

You can't kill the meaning of the belt, it didn't have any

I mean, Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton are your champs in 2017, what else do I need to say?

These days the belt is only as meaningful as the person holding it.

They re-sign Drew McIntyre and he could have come in with a ton of steam, won that match and came up just short against Orton and have a much better match. Instead, he's on NXT and Jinder is on Smackdown...

You may have a point, but I think most would be saying "Drew is jobber now and isn't going anywhere" if he was to lose. Jindar was jobber going in and he going to be a jobber going out.

orioto

Good Art™
The good thing about Jinder's push is that WWE should make guys who people actually dislike, and are bad wrestlers into heel champs, rather than trying to convince us someone like Owens doesn't deserve the spot like they did on RAW.

Hasney

The good thing about Jinder's push is that WWE should make guys who people actually dislike, and are bad wrestlers into heel champs, rather than trying to convince us someone like Owens doesn't deserve the spot like they did on RAW.

Yeah, but there's dislike and then there's turning the TV off. It's a fine line.

rrc1594

But what's the saddest.. Seeing an actual bad wrestler or seeing an excellent one being told to do only chockholds to not be over.

But he is the chockhold master! Owens run sucked cause they went away from the Prizefighter gimmick. He still put on great matches with Seth and Reigns.

Heroman

Banned

Edit- The US title is the most important belt in WWE now.
What big picture?
And no the us title isn't the most important belt right now.

Hex

Banned
Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton, that'll put butts in seats...

Jinder could be easily what they wanted Reigns to be.
He talks better, is better in the ring and has more charisma.
With Kane gone and Show on his way out you need more big strong guys.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

He is, absolutely without a doubt, not better in the ring.

The rest...hmm. Sure. I can buy that. Lack of in ring ability won't Hinder Jinder.

Hasney

Roman easily has more charisma away from scripted promos. Hell, he's probably more charasmatic than most of the roster in that aspect. Jinder isn't good on the mic anyway.

EDIT: Wait, would I prefer Roman going for Ortons belt? Is this WWE's master plan to make people like Roman? Danm....

Ithil

I hate Reigns, but that really is not true. Jinder is much worse in the ring than Reigns, and he's no better a promo, which is an extremely low bar.

Jinder should never be anything more than a jobber. In fact, he was nothing more than a jobber until last night, which is doubly ridiculous. Imagine if Curt Hawkins or someone got a world title match out of nowhere.

And they're pushing him as a foreign heel, of course.

Getting a one off title shot is hardly a "push". A push is a culmination of a lot weeks and months of story building with prominent spots. Jinder has been nothing more than mid mid-carder, just hovering above jobber.

The issue I take with this is guys like Jinder would get some form of higher profile match up in the past, but they would just happen. There wouldn't be out of nowhere things like this.

Caderfix

The in ring part is far from reality. Reigns is much better.

The rest is arguable, but I don't think he would work as a baby face and the biggest issue with Reigns is booking and writing anyways, so I don't think there would be muc difference in the final result.

Top Bottom