• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

I just watched this. The guys had some chemistry, Jinder included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbXraf3yXA

I think Jinder could make a good villain. Maybe he should lay off the sauce, if you understand my meaning.

Also, I am not talking about tomato sauce.

wG1vqcka1mZRm.gif
Microsoft should get smart and ask Jinder about the secret sauce that he has. It made hia career better.

I mean he's all natural and shit.

Penguin

Jinder is such an odd choice especially since like throwing him on the stove from the freezer.

But at the same time, I'm going give em a pass to see what they do because honestly what they should do with the B PPVs. We don't need to see the same 3-4 guys fight every month, it freshens up the feuds and allows them to keep Orton away from stars trying to build for a while.

They also have like 4-5 weeks to turn him into something that could possibly win and giving him two lackeys is a start.

And probably a finisher... assume that Cobra Clutch slam was it... but need to establish that. Could also throw him back with Mojo for some quick wins in the mid-card

Jinder is such an odd choice especially since like throwing him on the stove from the freezer.

But at the same time, I'm going give em a pass to see what they do because honestly what they should do with the B PPVs. We don't need to see the same 3-4 guys fight every month, it freshens up the feuds and allows them to keep Orton away from stars trying to build for a while.

They also have like 4-5 weeks to turn him into something that could possibly win and giving him two lackeys is a start.

And probably a finisher... assume that Cobra Clutch slam was it... but need to establish that. Could also throw him back with Mojo for some quick wins in the mid-card
Next week it'll be Jinder v Sami. Jinder is going to have the boys come from the scaffold and attack Sami. This time it'll be KHALI!

Heroman

Banned
Out of all the people on Smackdown jinder Mahal is getting a title shot, and they wonder why wwe is getting less and less popular each year.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You guys are missing the fruits of the brand split. Without a brand split in the early 00s, guys like Eddie, Rey, Mark Henry, Swagger, Khali, and King Booker would never be a world champion (in WWE). Vince is mostly concerned with Raw so Smackdown can take chances on people with a title run.

I think Jinder has a HUGE chance at beating whoever (not 100% sure it'll be Orton) to win the title in over a month. He's got some backup and it enforces the whole land of opportunity gimmick Shane has been spouting. Did you really think Heath would be a tag champ after being drafted and looked at as a joke character?

Kaladin

Jinder Mahal one of the most boring performers they have. Sure, he looks great, he can kind of wrestle, but he's boring. His personality comes across like cardboard. Eric Rowan would have been a better choice in this match. Jinder wasn't ready for a main event spot when he faced Seth Rollins for the first NXT Championship and he's not ready now.

Mahonay

Banned
You guys are missing the fruits of the brand split. Without a brand split in the early 00s, guys like Eddie, Rey, Mark Henry, Swagger, Khali, and King Booker would never be a world champion (in WWE). Vince is mostly concerned with Raw so Smackdown can take chances on people with a title run.

I think Jinder has a HUGE chance at beating whoever (not 100% sure it'll be Orton) to win the title in over a month. He's got some backup and it enforces the whole land of opportunity gimmick Shane has been spouting. Did you really think Heath would be a tag champ after being drafted and looked at as a joke character?
Heath was super fucking over heading towards their Smackdown tag championship match.

Jinder was about as cold as you can get and suddenly he's #1 contender.

They are not equal comparisons. But I'm all for giving talent a chance that might not normally be considered.

Ithil

You didn't see Johnny Stamboli and Spike Dudley winning the WWE title in the first draft. Putting Jinder in the same line as Eddie Guerrero or Rey Mysterio is absurd.

Heath's whole story was not only low card, but the entire deal was that he was a lovable loser trying to get a job on SD, and ultimately needed Rhyno to do it for him.

Tall4Life

I'm interested to see where they go with Jinder. I don't think anyone expected this would happen, and we constantly want something surprising in WWE nowadays. So surprise me, WWE.

kiguel182

Jinder going for the WWE championship is cool in the way that it's something different and fresh. But it's weird how the WWE belt was in the middle of the card and the US stuff was the main event.

Also, why did Jinder had to do a evil foreigner gimmick? It sucks. You are a global company, act like it.

Rest of the show was cool too. Short and to the point with tons of talented people. I enjoyed it, a far cry from RAW.

Also loving that Charlotte arriving is having consequences and there's a reaction from the wrestlers and even a faction forming against her. Pretty cool.

The tag team division continues to be a shame. Still can't believe they are wasting American Alpha like this.

Do we really need more jobbers on the roster?
Specially in a small roster like the one of SD

Jinder will lose to Orton, probably will never get a rematch, but will look strong enough so they can use him as a mid card heel

Jobber is exactly what the WWE is missing now a days. I don't mean barry horowitz level, but they could certainly do better to have some more low card jobbers. Guys like Hawkins are what I'm speaking to: can talk and hold a character, but very little upside

If Jinder actually gets pushed and it is week after week of awful matches and evil foreigner garbage people will turn on him. I dont think he will go over Orton in any case.

I think the new Twin Peaks starts the same date as that PPV anyway.

orioto

Good Art™
WWE isn't creative enough to plan something that elaborate. It just throws shit at a wall and hopes it sticks. I think Owens can pull it off, I'm just happy he isn't a cowardly heel.

Let's be cautious with that...
For now, in SDL ring, Owens squashed a jobber and didn't assault AJ after he fell on him. That's not exactly Prize fighter Owens neither..

Hycran

Banned
H A R D B O D Y
A
R
D
B
O
D
Y

I love how all the Indian marks are going nuts for Jinder when he and the Bollywood boys are all from Surrey, BC, Canada.

Maybe you guys discussed this, but for all the Jinder talk why is there no discussion over the finish? I just saw how it ended and it makes absolutely no sense in a story perspective. The move he did was generic as hell, Sami was firing and energetic but 2 guys holding afoot some how make sami weak? What in the hell

Maybe you guys discussed this, but for all the Jinder talk why is there no discussion over the finish? I just saw how it ended and it makes absolutely no sense in a story perspective. The move he did was generic as hell, Sami was firing and energetic but 2 guys holding afoot some how make sami weak? What in the hell
He needs a new finisher tbh. That shit looked weak even ragdoll Sami couldn't make it look good.

Kaladin

It says a lot that a Six Pack Challenge for the #1 Contendership at your next PPV is not your main event and instead you have a random match between a top guy and a mid card heel as the main event.

I bet the title match won't main event Backlash.

Kinda pissed they made jinder an evil Indian foreigner

When They should have made him an evil Canadian foreigner

Then he and Owens should be champs and forge the Indian-French Canadian Connection. They rule their division but occasionally help each other out

Talk about Canada's great immigration policy and acceptance of foreigners. Shit on hollywood. Make a bollywood music vid with the bollywood boyz, whose gimmick is sleazy bollywood producers who exploit the female roster for roles and shit

And Owens should wear a turban. And Jinder should eat poutine and become a Canadiens hockey fan, and give everyone a Canadiens jersey

Eventually, Owens is playing the Indian foreigner and Jinder is playing the angry frenh canadian

Im telling u, there is a huge indian market in Canada. Its all about the $$

orioto

Good Art™

This is wrestling, when you're surprised by something you lose all your life points

Kaladin

Kinda pissed they made jinder an evil Indian foreigner

When They should have made him an evil Canadian foreigner

Then he and Owens should be champs and forge the Indian-French Canadian Connection. They rule their division but occasionally help each other out

Talk about Canada's great immigration policy and acceptance of foreigners. Shit on hollywood. Make a bollywood music vid with the bollywood boyz, whose gimmick is sleazy bollywood producers who exploit the female roster for roles and shit

And Owens should wear a turban. And Jinder should eat poutine and become a Canadiens hockey fan, and give everyone a Canadiens jersey

Eventually, Owens is playing the Indian foreigner and Jinder is playing the angry frenh canadian

Im telling u, there is a huge indian market in Canada. Its all about the $$

This would do nothing except get Jinder powerbombed into the apron.

Top Bottom