• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Beefy

Patriots fans am I right? (Didn't read the thread just guessing)

Edit: Read the thread

Shocked-CM-Punk.gif

Man...that's something.

Feel sorry for the poor murderer....

Maybe he had a tough life or whatever, but he could have you know..chosen not to actually kill someone. For idiotic reasons.

And at that point he was already rich!

Yep dude was a waste.

At least his daughter is set for life

True! Something came good out if it.

We really doing hard working foreigner Jinger versus All Lives Matter Orton?

OK WWE.
You see Jinder had to work hard for his job. Randy just had to be born. He's an over privileged child. He doesn't even know what it's like to earn opportunities. Look, he got kicked out of a branch if the military! He's a waste!

Ithil

Maybe you guys discussed this, but for all the Jinder talk why is there no discussion over the finish? I just saw how it ended and it makes absolutely no sense in a story perspective. The move he did was generic as hell, Sami was firing and energetic but 2 guys holding afoot some how make sami weak? What in the hell

I will be quite honest, I wasn't aware he even had a finisher. He may not even have been aware he had one.

Hasney

Cobra clutch slam – 2017–present
Arm trap neckbreaker[citation needed] – 2016–present
Camel clutch[38][39] – 2011–2014
Full nelson slam[40] – 2011
Karachi Valley Driver (Death Valley driver)[41] – 2011
Sands of Time[41] (Fireman's carry double knee gutbuster)[4][42] – 2010–2011

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm willing to give Jinder a chance to show us something. Let's see how this plays out before we throw him under the bus.

You know something guys, they should have heath try to get his revenge back and beat brock at Summerslam, have drew win in Brooklyn and have Jinder retain at Summerslam.

Charolette sucks because they don't know how to write anything for her character if she doesn't have the title.

There is only so many times 'The Queen' and 'The Best Ever' etc can say that shit when she's currently not champion.

So the division just gets sucked into a void of Charolettewinslol, zzz.

They're lazy as shit so they'll just do the same crap from Raw but this time it's blue so it's different right?! I'm telling ya it's gonna get just as stale as it was on Raw.

A huge step back from what they were doing before on SD, trying to establish multiple strong women contenders.

Congrats Vince, the let's purposely lower Smackdown to try and make Raw seem better is going well.

Yeah the WWE title feels like a complete afterthought. For the past two weeks the segments involving it have been shoved into the middle of the first hour, while the US title is what's main eventing the shows. I'm not complaining. I figure that Backlash is seen as mainly filler when it comes to that belt, so they're just tossing anyone out.

GunBR

I will be quite honest, I wasn't aware he even had a finisher. He may not even have been aware he had one.
Jinder is the King of shoot style, he don't need a finisher
Yep, now 100% convinced Charolette going to Smackdown is a HUGE step back. Naomi is so far behind Charolette in the ring holy shit.
If she stayed at Raw she would be fighting Nia now
I think Naomi is as improvement

And Asuka will be fighting with her for the title until the end of the year. She will be fine

Kaladin

Yeah the WWE title feels like a complete afterthought. For the past two weeks the segments involving it have been shoved into the middle of the first hour, while the US title is what's main eventing the shows. I'm not complaining. I figure that Backlash is seen as mainly filler when it comes to that belt, so they're just tossing anyone out.

Like I said, it says a lot that your #1 contendership match is so early in the show, and the main event is a random match between a top face and a mid card heel.

The WWE title is an afterthought because no one gives a shit about Borton, what story is there? HEY EVERYONE I'M YOUR ELEVEN TIMES CHAMPION! Look, I'm exactly the same as I was the previous time, and the time before that, and the time before that. Watch me slur through promos about nothing but you'll pop for the RKO! I don't care about this at all, I have no idea why they want to keep putting the belt on me, not even I care about this shit anymore. But I'm so stuck phoning it in I can't even be bothered to tell them. *shrugs*

Can't believe they wasted a RR and WM match on that crap. :|

Bray is a joke, the biggest main event jobber in a generation.

And for some reason this feud is happening at a 'Raw exclusive' PPV.

I.... can't even.

GunBR

They can't create the feud between KO vs AJ and Jinder vs Orton until Payback, because the titles can change hands yet
but we know that they won't

Them suddenly caring about 'continuity' and making rematch shit 100% GOTTA GO AHEAD despite people changing brands is so stupid.

Would anyone have really cared if Jericho or Bray didn't get their rematch? No.

Keep them off TV for a week and I guarantee you the vast majority of the audience wouldn't even remember they lost a belt - or cared.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think it's hilarious that Vince is clearly rewarding Jinder for doing a shitload of steroids.

Penguin

It is because clearly the idea was to have Orton/Bray on the same show and when that decision was made... it's difficult to plan around the fact that the champion and challenger are technically on two diff shows... and you're promoting a match for the "other guys" while needing to advance your own storylines.

It's so weird, but I'm assuming it will get sorted after the SmackDown PPV.

also I'm hoping Naomi beats Charlotte as well so they can get the title match out of the way and move them both on to something different. Though I could be wrong, is Becky the only other face women on SmackDown?

Zach

My ladyfriend who works with today's youth at an elementary school just texted me that some kid was singing "Glorious" in the hallway. >_>

Jinder is 100% natural. All this talk is just that, talk!

No one works harder than him.

It's obvious that is why Vince has rewarded him.

I'm so glad for the guy.

It is because clearly the idea was to have Orton/Bray on the same show and when that decision was made... it's difficult to plan around the fact that the champion and challenger are technically on two diff shows... and you're promoting a match for the "other guys" while needing to advance your own storylines.

It's so weird, but I'm assuming it will get sorted after the SmackDown PPV.

also I'm hoping Naomi beats Charlotte as well so they can get the title match out of the way and move them both on to something different. Though I could be wrong, is Becky the only other face women on SmackDown?
Yeah, it does definitely scream of 'the superstar shakeup fucked everything up'. Jinder just seems like such a lolvince idea. It would be filler regardless of who Orton faces but if it was someone like Luke Harper it would be more believable at least.

Becky and Naomi are currently the only faces. Charlotte's getting the belt, likely at Backlash but maybe they'll push it to MITB. The money match for this division would be Becky vs Charlotte at Summerslam which I figure they will want to do. The title match next week will probably have Natalya, Tamina and Carmella running in to interrupt it.

Jinder is 100% natural. All this talk is just that, talk!

No one works harder than him.

It's obvious that is why Vince has rewarded him.

I'm so glad for the guy.
👏👏👏

All these sweathogs wish they could be a great as Jinder. Jealousy kills guys, calm your asses down.

Anth0ny

"Nobody outrains me, no body out diets me" is great heel heat for a guy that everyone on earth knows is a massive juice head

But instead 1980s evil foreigner heel. Because of course

Penguin

Yeah, it does definitely scream of 'the superstar shakeup fucked everything up'. Jinder just seems like such a lolvince idea. It would be filler regardless of who Orton faces but if it was someone like Luke Harper it would be more believable at least.

Becky and Naomi are currently the only faces. Charlotte's getting the belt, likely at Backlash but maybe they'll push it to MITB. The money match for this division would be Becky vs Charlotte at Summerslam which I figure they will want to do. The title match next week will probably have Natalya, Tamina and Carmella running in to interrupt it.

I... am so not in the mood for a Charlotte title run.

We just spent the better part of a year and a half with her being in the picture either as champion or challenger... and even with the shake-up she already feuded with Becky and Natalya... SHH

I think a lot of potential with Naomi as champion with feuds with Natalia, Charlotte and Tamina eventually.

Menome

I am ambivalent about Jinder Mahal. I neither loathe nor love him. We'll see how he does in the limelight.

Whereas I'd want to see Mojo Rawley get the #1 contendership in future purely for the reactions here.

Hasney

I am ambivalent about Jinder Mahal. I neither loathe nor love him. We'll see how he does in the limelight.

Whereas I'd want to see Mojo Rawley get the #1 contendership in future purely for the reactions here.

Mojo had a good match against Samoa Joe in NXT. I'd probably be happier with Mojo right now.

Feel sorry for the poor murderer....
As someone who has no idea who the heck he even is those first few posts I saw when I checked the thread earlier today left me very puzzled.

Jinder didn't need a finisher, he is THE FINASHA!
I thought that was the villain of WWE's worst show Slam City which for some reason still pops up post WWE shows on UK TV some time.

Fuck Nintendo and their artificial demand carny bullshit
I expect to be saying this in the future when that SNES Classic becomes a reality.

People hating on Jinder just because he doesn't look like what they perceive a WWE Champion to look like?

Disgraceful bigotry.

THAT my friends is what hard(body) work and training looks like.

Once he finishes the job that Bork started on Orton, then, then my friends you will all learn why he is the new American Dream.

Stiffing his way to the top.

Overall a pretty weak episode of Smackdown IMO. I feel like each show has one compelling story. Raw has Braun and SD has KO. There is nothing else really grabbing me.

Tom Nook

With this new stable of Indian wrestlers, will WWE bring back Great Khali?

Khali is the median size guy
Bollywood is smaller but faster guys
Jinder is the big muscle guy.

Top Bottom