• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

B1mWbCQ_d.jpg

Fml

imBask

Banned
I must be a business idiot because I would need a smart person to explain to me with charts and figures how it makes any sense to discontinue a product that was so popular that you couldn't keep up with demand.

I'm thinking they have numbers we don't have and they probably shipped about as much as they needed to. Also, i'm thinking they'll release more SNES than they did NES, and people are going to jump on it because they'll be afraid to miss the boat

All i'm saying is : i'll give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt over taking what dorkfisting69sephiroth has to say on NeoGAF for facts. They know more about the business side of it than any of us

I'm ok with Jinder because Randy Orton sucks so I'd rather watch something weird and bizarre like Jinder WWE Championship #1 Contender than see him beat someone I really like.

XenoRaven

This shit where there's only like 3 people in the main event is lame. The mid card is there to rotate people in and out, not for everyone in the mid card to remain there perpetually.

Unless your name is Dolph Ziggler.

For those of you wondering why Jinder Mahal is getting a push as a top contender for the WWE Championship, it’s because of their expansion plans. WWE is making a heavy push to expand their product in India because they have a massive fan base there that loves professional wrestling. In fact, Impact Wrestling’s highest paying TV deal is from India’s Sony SIX. WWE programming airs on India’s TEN2. By the way, Mahal was actually born in Calgary, Canada but his family is of Punjabi Sikh and he speaks Punjabi.

WWE has appointed Sheetesh Srivastava as VP and General Manager of their office in India. He will be in charge of day-to-day operations for WWE in that region and that will include live events, marketing, sponsorship, licensing and merchandise. Srivastava previously worked for Walt Disney India.

The company opened up WWE Shop in India a couple of weeks ago so you can expect more Jinder Mahal and Bollywood Boyz merchandise to become available in the coming weeks. Most of it will be targeted to the fans in India.

In related news, WWE had approached Olympic silver medalist Sushil Kumar about joining the company but they could not come to terms on a deal
Despite what some may think about how Jinder Mahal was able to transform his body, there are people backstage in WWE that are applauding Jinder Mahal for the hard work he’s put in since returning to WWE last year. People that know him say that he is taking this run very seriously and he is “working his ass off” to make sure he is given opportunities. That hard work has paid off because he is the next challenger for the WWE Championship at WWE Backlash.

👏👏👏

XenoRaven

While we're on a roll of Xeno hot takes, I think they should play up the nationality of the wrestlers more. They're bringing in people from all over the world now. Beat us over the head with it. Make the show seem like a truly international competition with wrestlers from all different countries representing their home in some way.

Sephzilla

Robocop 2's not nearly as good as the first overall, but it does have one of my favorite scenes of all time.

RoboCop 2's biggest problem to me is that the movie feels slightly out of order. I would rearrange the movie a big so that Robo doesn't vanish for like 15-20 minutes in the movie in order to build up the villain. I'd change it up so that Cain gets arrested and critically injured by RoboCop earlier in the movie and have RoboCop's whole PG/too many directives arc happen simultaneously with Cain turning into a cyborg. Then what pushes Robo to purge all of the directives and shit out of him is needing to stop Cain again

That new Robocop was better then anyone will admit.

Its easily the second best Robocop movie.

It's the third best RoboCop movie. The original and RoboCop 2 are way better. RebootCop's biggest problems are that they miss the entire point of the character and the entire second half of the movie is so utterly bland and forgettable. You know how people talk about how Marvel movies are super #safe and don't take any risks? That's the RoboCop reboot. It's biggest risk was giving the actor a costume that looked cheaper and faker than an almost 30 year old suit

Caderfix

It's utterly forgettable, the worst thing a film can be.

I don't know, the accident that resulted in the transformation was memorable. I felt pretty bad for him, just like I did watching the original, and the programing to make him feel like he was not programed was a massive dick move as well. However, the "human" element was as cheesy as "power of friendship" or some bullshit like that.

I secretly love Rey Mysterio's second WCW theme that he used for like a week and a half: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzYu8YCK6t4

Yo I loved this song, I remember renting Souled Out 99 over and over and he had like a 4 way match on it

Best Robocop was the new one...

No Beefy, this is my joke

I worked there, you midget. It wasn't a manufactured shortage, they just didn't have the foresight to see how popular it was going to be. And by the time they realized it, there was already a shipping shortage that stopped them from making more.

I know you did, that's why you can't be trusted~

I'm thinking they have numbers we don't have and they probably shipped about as much as they needed to. Also, i'm thinking they'll release more SNES than they did NES, and people are going to jump on it because they'll be afraid to miss the boat

All i'm saying is : i'll give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt over taking what dorkfisting69sephiroth has to say on NeoGAF for facts. They know more about the business side of it than any of us

I can't speak for the other decisions surrounding the NES Classic (not even the other employees I knew there could decipher why the controller cord was so short, as an example), but anyone who says the NES Classic was an example of "artificial shortage" is basically spreading fake news. I'm not gonna make excuses for everything else about the thing, though. Just straight up dumb as hell decisions on Nintendo's part.

Hell, I was lucky to get the one that I did. Nobody was allowed more than one, and they tracked that shit to the employee number.

Sephzilla

The NES Classic shortage was deliberate in order to get Nintendo's name back in the news as a "hot must buy product" on the eve of the Nintendo Switch being released. And now they're going to make even more bank on the SNES Classic because now fucking everyone is going to want one of those on day one because they dont want to be stuck in another NES Classic scenario. And it's not like this isn't even the first time Nintendo has been really sketchy with under producing product either.

I also think it's deliberate because the only other alternative answer is that Nintendo is that incompetent.

So a Team Canada faction is now possible in the WWE. Question is will they wear Canadian maple leafs on their attire or dress up as a group of Mounties?

I noticed that in the upcoming season for the Fargo TV series, one of the characters' names is V.M. Varga (Vince McMahon?).

I will laugh my ass off if his name is revealed with one of those initials.

I also think it's deliberate because the only other alternative answer is that Nintendo is that incompetent.

I mean

how many examples over the years do you want before you realise that's the case lol

although I don't think it's so much incompetence as it is extreme weirdness. but maybe that's why they're able to make the games they do. they've got their guys like vince who are amazing at certain things and when they turn their hands to others are bizarre

Top Bottom