• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Viewership has been disappointing on Netflix apparently too, so

At least I was right to laugh at everyone who said they were just waiting for legit opportunities to watch the show. Full month after the easiest one people will have in this modern age They Wanted of streaming services, and oh look, still not watching.

A big reason why folks follow wrestling is being part of the hype. There's no incentive to catch up because a ton of the folks who were pushing people to watch it during season 1 (myself included) just don't care that much about it anymore.

Edit: Top of the page, finally an excuse to post this Marty gif.

pVzh47s.gif

They wanted to watch it while it had momentum. Now that LU is all but dead and the stars scattered to the winds, what incentive is there to support it now?
This feels to me like saying why watch WCW? It sucked and died

But it didn't all suck, especially in the beginning and middle.

You miss out on a Lot of good stuff in life if you're only hoping for a full and completely good experience. Barely anything will even have a happy ending, doesn't mean it's not worth seeing the beginning at least

This feels to me like saying why watch WCW? It sucked and died

But it didn't all suck, especially in the beginning and middle.

That's a disingenuous comparison since WCW was widely available on basic cable and LU was not. People didn't even know if they had El Rey or not, and if they didn't then they were out of luck.

Menome

Viewership has been disappointing on Netflix apparently too, so

At least I was right to laugh at everyone who said they were just waiting for legit opportunities to watch the show. Full month after the easiest one people will have in this modern age They Wanted of streaming services, and oh look, still not watching.

Still not on Netflix in the UK. :(

That's a disingenuous comparison since WCW was widely available on basic cable and LU was not. People didn't even know if they had El Rey or not, and if they didn't then they were out of luck.
I think you missed my edit which had the Actual Point so

You miss out on a Lot of good stuff in life if you're only hoping for a full and completely good experience. Barely anything will even have a happy ending (statistics prove this btw, especially for TV shows which is what LU is), doesn't mean it's not worth seeing the beginning at least

Pikma

Banned
Vince McMahon is reportedly interested in giving Jeff a main event singles run sooner than later. Vince has mentioned doing feuds with Jeff vs. Finn Balor and Jeff vs. current WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.

If the negotiations with Anthem over the Broken gimmick fall through Matt will be jobbing to Bo Dallas for the rest of his WWE career

If the negotiations with Anthem over the Broken gimmick fall through Matt will be jobbing to Bo Dallas for the rest of his WWE career
I can easily see Jeff getting a mega push. Hopefully they could send Matt to Smackdown or something because the Broken Gimmick can still be used for something.

Vince McMahon is reportedly interested in giving Jeff a main event singles run sooner than later. Vince has mentioned doing feuds with Jeff vs. Finn Balor and Jeff vs. current WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.
Oh dear. Jeff's gonna be taking a german suplex through a ladder, isn't he?

I think you missed my edit which had the Actual Point so

You miss out on a Lot of good stuff in life if you're only hoping for a full and completely good experience. Barely anything will even have a happy ending (statistics prove this btw, especially for TV shows which is what LU is), doesn't mean it's not worth seeing the beginning at least

And again, people wanted to see LU while it was still hot. People wanted to show support for something that they saw as a great alternative to WWE and TNA. But since there was no reliable and affordable way to watch it, support went down. Wrestling by and large isn't about catching up after it ends, it's watching it live while it's hot. Sure you have weirdos like Zach who go back and watch archives, but the majority of any wrestling audience is going to watch it as soon as it airs. And Lucha Underground was unable to assist with that.

So yes, it's *finally* on a reliable and affordable streaming service now, but it's too little too late at this point.

When Braun looks corny as fuck wearing a shirt with his face on it next week we can blame you. j/k

It's definitely on my list of shirts to get when I have money again and they do another crazy sale.

BTW Strowman might be the only guy who benefits from buzzword nick names.

The visual representation A Mountain of A Man on the back of that shirt is pretty rad

imBask

Banned
holy shit I just saw that Balor Club t-shirt

WHY DID THEY PUT GARBAGE ON THE BACK WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Tagyhag

holy shit I just saw that Balor Club t-shirt

WHY DID THEY PUT GARBAGE ON THE BACK WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You're a walking advertisement when you put on their shirts, they can't have a shirt that people don't know what to look for.

Menome

If I were to buy a WWE t-shirt, I'd be protected against bad back-designs via my tendency to wear shirts over the top like it's still the 90s.

Top Bottom