• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

So looks like they just brought him in so no-one else had to eat a loss.

Ah, cool.

It is still kinda crazy that Juice is getting really over. Good for him!

Yeah, it's been hard for me to get over how much he looks like carlito (keep expecting him to break out an apple), but they've done a really good job of building him up with the goto match, and naito really helped with the incredible way he took that impaler a few weeks ago.

So looks like they just brought him in so no-one else had to eat a loss.

Yeah, it's been hard for me to get over how much he looks like carlito (keep expecting him to break out an apple), but they've done a really good job of building him up with the goto match, and naito really helped with the incredible way he took that impaler a few weeks ago.

Big respect to the guy for taking the massive risk. Seems to be paying off for him so far.

Yep, really happy for him. He has been having a lot of entertaining matches. It is just still hard to kind of get after his NXT run.

That match was fun. This should be good too.

DKC is perf. Then came the Janettys that were DKC2 and 3.

JR3c2zA.gif

Man you just cannot stop burying yourself brother.

Yep, really happy for him. He has been having a lot of entertaining matches. It is just still hard to kind of get after his NXT run.

That match was fun. This should be good too.

Makes me wonder how some of the other Performance Centre look at it? Some of them must have considered doing the same thing.

Makes me wonder how some of the other Performance Centre look at it? Some of them must have considered doing the same thing.

For sure. Guys like Buddy Murphy could be going a LOT more than what they are given. He is actually a very good wrestler.

This match is making me even more excited for Omega vs Ishii pt 2. They work really well together.

Hasney

Honestly, if you're in NXT and not getting anywhere and keep getting bumped by the hot new indie star they sign, I'd look at what CJ has done and be wondering if going out there and getting more experience elsewhere and honing your craft might give you a better chance, even in WWE. the best in ring guys are the ones that have wrestled all over the world.

Obviously it depends on their personal circumstances. Scott Dawson said that after his daughter was born, he wasn't making enough money so he was working up until this tour of Japan he was going on as that would be something off his bucket list that he always wanted to do and then was going to retire and get a normal job to support his family. Luckily he got the call straight after that tour that WWE were interested.

When it comes to guys that are mostly WWE only, Corbin, American Alpha and Strowman are using their past experiences in sports and stongman contests to be competent in the ring. But guys like Enzo and Cass with no real wrestling or sports background stuggle. Enzo seems like he's willing to do anything when Cass throws him around, it's a real shame he never had that proper experience around the world. He'd be more the complete package.

Stan Hansen in his prime was frankly terrifying;

0nQtUqR.gif
KDJyfiV.gif

Andre might have a similar record, although I think he threw himself out of battle royales quite a bit when a promoter put him on a card twice in a night.

I'd hazard a guess that Mil Miscaras also went a good long while without technically losing, fucker was always finding ways to not get pinned.

Taz is hilarious

Brian Zane did a Wrestling with Wregret episode on Taz in WWE and this is what happened

Taz is officially the only wrestler I know who is MAD about a video I did of them. On the day I drove to Vegas for MITB this past year, he DM'd me to tell me how pissed he was that I did that and how he thought I made him look like a clown. He went on and on about all the sacrifices he'd made and how I was tearing him down, etc. I explained to him I was trying to take the piss out of WWE for dropping the ball with him, but he was having none of it. He told me that as a fan I didn't have the right to criticize, then when I told him I was in the business that that made it EVEN WORSE (so folks, according to Taz, no one is allowed to make fun of wrestling whether they're in the business or not, ever).
But as far as the opposite end of the coin, obviously Cornette loved my parody of him, James Mitchell appreciated my talking about him, Kevin Sullivan commented on his podcast about my take on his satanic gimmick (though he thought I really believed he was a devil-worshipper, which, for the record, I don't). Russo didn't like my parody of him but we made up in Dallas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...n_zane_the_creator_of_wrestling_with/df2f65p/

Haha, damn. Takes a certain type of person to say someone not involved with the business can't be a critic. I guess Taz always had that reputation that he took himself super seriously, especially in ECW.

Yeah especially since it was just clearly an excuse to justify his anger, Zane said he was in the business and Taz was still pissed/ got even more pissed....

I just love the idea of Taz seeing Zane's video (which was about how WWE treated Taz porly as a wrestler) and getting so steamed he just had to send a freaking Twitter DM to him....

bWo makes fun of it in the opening of Zane's latest video, funny stuff

https://youtu.be/9aR3QAEwh1Q

I really like Zane a lot

Yeah especially since it was just clearly an excuse to justify his anger, Zane said he was in the business and Taz was still pissed/ got even more pissed....

I just love the idea of Taz seeing Zane's video (which was about how WWE treated Taz porly as a wrestler) and getting so steamed he just had to send a freaking Twitter DM to him....

bWo makes fun of it in the opening of Zane's latest video, funny stuff

https://youtu.be/9aR3QAEwh1Q

I really like Zane a lot

Haha, thats awesome. Nova looks wayyy fucking different, holy shit.

Taz also said Mauro should get fired for missing SD....

To be fair when he said that WWE was still going with Mauro missed the show because of weather (still kind of petty from him to comment), I don't know if Taz has said shit about it since...

But I mean Taz is probably a jerk like almost all the rest of them yeah.

Top Bottom