• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

C9_dl6EUQAAkju2.jpg

First time posting here on the NeoGaf. Long time wrestling fan here, since the days of the NWA and World Class Championship Wrestling, the AWA, and the era of Hulkamania.

Ive seen Ricky Morton get carried out on a stretcher after being beat up by the horsemen at the crown collosieum . I was there in south carolina at WWF In Your House, when the power went out and Austin was still whipping Savio Vega with a strap. I was there at the ECW Arena, when Terry Gordy almost beat Raven (and nearly ran me over in the audience). Owen Hart (rip) called me a homosexual at monday night raw once.

By god, i even saw Dean Ambrose and Nick Gage and NXT ref Drake Younger bleed all over the robeson county fair grounds.

I still love wrestling, and follow any product i can find. From WWE to New Japan, to Progress, to WXW and PWG and AAW and even CZW (Shlak!)

So thank you, neogaf, for allowing me to post here.

Fuck JBL...

And also, Jeeeeezuzzzzzzzz!!

13332715_10154076055710042_6585156971278484019_n.jpg

Beefy

I want him in the wwe.

GoD are great.

First time posting here on the NeoGaf. Long time wrestling fan here, since the days of the NWA and World Class Championship Wrestling, the AWA, and the era of Hulkamania.

Ive seen Ricky Morton get carried out on a stretcher after being beat up by the horsemen at the crown collosieum . I was there in south carolina at WWF In Your House, when the power went out and Austin was still whipping Savio Vega with a strap. I was there at the ECW Arena, when Terry Gordy almost beat Raven (and nearly ran me over in the audience). Owen Hart (rip) called me a homosexual at monday night raw once.

By god, i even saw Dean Ambrose and Nick Gage and NXT ref Drake Younger bleed all over the robeson county fair grounds.

I still love wrestling, and follow any product i can find. From WWE to New Japan, to Progress, to WXW and PWG and AAW and even CZW (Shlak!)

Fuck JBL...

Welcome.

Fuck JBL...

Welcome to wrasslegaf! I'm super jealous, wish I could have seen that gary hart era WCCW stuff & the Crockett horseman stuff.

What's your current fave five wrestlers? And all time fave five?

Fuck JBL...

Welcome to the club.

Fuck JBL...

Welcome, friend!

Edit - people might be negative or whatnot from time to time but I really think WrassleGAF is the best wrestling community on the internet. One of the best communities in general.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Vin Diesel writes his character to be a big badass, overcoming any person(s) or obstacle. The Triple H of Hollywood.
The best part is that both of them have to constantly convince everyone that they're as big a deal as the Rock.

Dwayne still working the marks after all these years.

Fuck JBL...

This is an impressive wrassume.

Sephzilla

Fuck JBL...

Welcome friend!

*offers handshake*

Fuck JBL...

You went to BOTD!? Omg.

Fuck JBL...

Welcome to the thread, pal!

Thank you for the warm welcome, guys.

Oh man, if i had to pick MY top 5 wrestlers of all time, in no particular order i guess would be:

Flair ( I grew up watching him in his prime. He was the MAN. Woooooooooo! He basically fought everyone from Kerry Von Eric to Rocky King and had great matches. I dont think i ever recall him actually climbing to the top rope and not being pressed slammed, despite how many times he begged and pleaded for his opponent not to.. My favorite NWA/WCW . I always enjoyed seeing him double cross sting, too. let's never speak of the black scorpion angle, though...)

Austin( real ass stone cold steve austin was the baddest man on the planet earth. He was the MAN. No one was on his level. Maybe the Rock Still laugh outloud when i think about Doink spraying him with silly string and austin just goes ham on him, at the Slammys. I had the austin 316 shirt and wore it proudly! My grandmother did not like him because he did have a potty mouth, but a teenage savage dragon told her that was just too dag gone bad and that's the botton line, son )

Sabu(This guy was doing moonsaults onto tables and busting out frankensteiners and just doing the craziest shit and was a true innovator. A little teenage acne faced savagae dragon was completely marking out when i saw this guy on tv for the first time. He looked cool too, in black and white pictures in pro wrestling illustrated. He tended to botch moves alot but a sabu match, in it's heyday, was always a match you never knew what was going to happen or what he was going to do. )

Big Van Vader - This guy , in his prime, was on another level. Unlike most monster heels of the time,he was on another level. this guy would just beat the absolute shit out of people and no disrespect to sid, had the best power bomb finisher ever. He literally had his eye ball popped out by stan hansen and put it back inside his socket! He beat the shit out of sting and foley, dustin rhodes, and destroyed jobbers on wcw saturday night with ease. Despite wearing a jock strap on his face, big van vadar was the MAN.

Bryan Danielson- At one time, Ring of Honor was so amazing. and part of that was because of him. Americn Dragon was this cocky little guy who could back it up on the ring. He was hilarious on the mic. His matches with Nigel and Morishima were brutal. He then went to WWE and became the MAN. I liked him better as a cocky asshole when he had AJ and the yes movement was in it's infancy but then he just snowballed into something even wwe creative couldnt shut down. Too bad he had to retire, but i think he will probably end up back in the indys one day.

My current favorite 5...

Naito- He should be IWGP champ. He is so cool. The real Ace of new japan. Shibata gets high mentions.

Braun- i love him. put a rocket on him and push this guy. He is a star. Too bad the big dog is going to superman punch him back down to the midcard.

Drew mcintyre- The chosen one! He impressed me so much in the indys and i have high expectations for him in nxt. I

Shlak- "death match" wrestling is not for everyone but i love this guy. Unless he dies or goes to prison, he is the future of hardcore wrestling. He will never be in the wwe or nxt or even impact, but DJ Hyde needs to push this guy already.

Ricochet- I love spotfests and high flyers. and King Ricochet is the best of them right now, in my opinion.

Tall4Life

What if this whole mauro thing is all a work where this makes cm punk come back and say that nothing has changed since June 27, 2011 and that this company is still run by bullies, and he's back to tear it all down, but then mauro runs in and gives him a burning hammer while shouting MAMMA MIA, and then mauro picks punk up for a second one, this time onto a chair, but then daniel bryan runs in to save punk and unretires and then at wrestlemania 34 its triple h and mauro ranallo vs cm punk and daniel bryan

can i replace Ricochet with AJ Styles? AJ is definetly top 5 ...Totally forgot about
THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE...

tenor.gif

Sorry, King Ricochet. You would just be doing angles on 205 live and feuding with swan over Alica Foxx...

Good lists, though I don't know Shlak.

I have to say I haven't seen a sabu match in well over a decade. Will have to check one out and see how well they hold up.

Top Bottom