• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any traction on the JBL shit?

Lol who am I kidding :/

Foggy

So I finally decided to use my njpw world account I've been paying for and haven't used since wrestle kingdom to watch the shibata match, what a fun, stiff match. I really wish shibata didn't do that fucking headbutt, that was so disturbing. Has there been any other matches to watch within the past couple of months?

Naito vs Elgin is hot stuff

Anth0ny

So I finally decided to use my njpw world account I've been paying for and haven't used since wrestle kingdom to watch the shibata match, what a fun, stiff match. I really wish shibata didn't do that fucking headbutt, that was so disturbing. Has there been any other matches to watch within the past couple of months?

Okada vs. Tiger Mask W

Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki

It's the year of Okada.

C9apBWPXcAEVGgd.jpg
We're fucked Bret

NJPW is around $9.20 and DDT is around $8.30 (and you get the first month for free)

Both are completely worth it

The only downside to DDT Universe is that the site isn't very user friendly but once you get the hang of it, it's alright
Oh cool thanks! I'll have to sub when I get some moolah

Thanks for the suggestions, anyway to find this stuff easily? And out of curiosity I'm watching ric flair vs inoki in North Korea, had no idea that this event had footage.

Easiest way is probably just to search by wrestler name through their tag thing. Id link to each match but ita painful on my phone sorry.

https://youtu.be/YuG1dc4wvoc

Goddamn Omega and The Bucks are quite possibly the most likeable people in wrestling.

The beginning is slightly NSFWish but if you were wondering where they fall on the JBL story you won't be disappointed.

Also was it known that Kenny Omega was Bi? Can't tell from the video if he's serious but he kinda outright says it here...

Which is fucking cool.

https://youtu.be/YuG1dc4wvoc

Goddamn Omega and The Bucks are quite possibly the most likeable people in wrestling.

The beginning is slightly NSFWish but if you were wondering where they fall on the JBL story you won't be disappointed.

Also was it known that Kenny Omega was Bi? Can't tell from the video if he's serious but he kinda outright says it here...

Which is fucking cool.

Haha, these videos are great.

This is also somewhat NSFW http://i.imgur.com/WMszi8q.jpg I've posted it before.

Not sure about Omega's sexuality. He's mentioned getting a girlfriend or boyfriend on those On the Road videos too. He definitely alludes to being bisexual often.

I thought after Benoit folks would be completely against using your head as a literal weapon, but folks just get desensitized to it again until...well, this happens.

After Daniel Bryan retired, the FIRST thing that came to mind was this shit. Dudes need to cut this shit out.

Yep I yelled WHAT THE FUCK at the screen when they did that. Mindless as fuck.

I love that they advance their Elite Bullet Club story while also giving us a look behind the scenes

Yep, it is a really cool thing.

You should check out the On the Road with Omega stuff NJPW put out, if you haven't already. He is so good at towing the line between kayfabe and reality.

Pikma

Banned
According to the Observer, there are plans for a slow build to an Authors of Pain vs. Heavy Machinery feud.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

dMP76o7.jpg

��������������������������������������������������

I bet Vince will be there for that match

with an oxygen tank

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

It's either going to be horrible or a ridiculous fun tier hoss boss battle... and I can't tell you which...

Yep, it is a really cool thing.

You should check out the On the Road with Omega stuff NJPW put out, if you haven't already. He is so good at towing the line between kayfabe and reality.

So will thanks.

Progress Wrestling co owner guy is pretty charismatic

Persona 5 is pretty great, it feels a lot tighter than 3 and 4, but in a way that serves the game well. I put nearly 50 hours into it this week but have slacked off the last few days due to social stuff. Like playing board games (fuck Inis is an amazing game. It is heavily influenced by Celtic and Irish mythology and folklore so seeing cards about Balor etc is funny) and watching wrestling with friends.

As much as I am enjoying P5 though, from what I have played this year I still feel like Yakuza 0 and Battle Brothers are my favorites so far. Battle Brothers has been a bit overlooked on GAF as far as I can tell. It is like, a perfect mashup of old X-COM, Jagged Alliance 2 (sorta) and Mount and Blade.

Hasney

The second half of Persona 5 put it to the top of my list, but there's so much to choose from in this first quarter alone that there aren't many wrong answers.

Unless you pick Drawn to Death. Then I'll assume you're 11 years old.

EDIT: Battle Brothers sounds up my ally with those games referenced. I may have to Czech it out.

Fight Club Pro was fantastic. Main event was really fun, delighted I got to see Elite Vs British Strong Style live, but Fenix Vs Pentagon was out of this world.

Everyone was lovely too, Sami Callihan especially, he spent a lot of the meet & greet putting over Haskin's daughter.

The second half of Persona 5 put it to the top of my list, but there's so much to choose from in this first quarter alone that there aren't many wrong answers.

Unless you pick Drawn to Death. Then I'll assume you're 11 years old.

EDIT: Battle Brothers sounds up my ally with those games referenced. I may have to Czech it out.

Sweet, I'll keep that in mind about P5. I really like it so far, it just needs a little more to kick it off proper.

Marbozir's videos on Battle Brothers give a good idea of what the game is like, I think. I can see the art and aesthetics putting some people off though.

Menome

Interesting tidbit on the Edge & Christian Podcast: Michael Hayes once put forward the idea of a "House of Horrors" match between themselves and The Hardy Boyz back when they were feuding.

It would have been a Final Deletion-esque set-up pre-recorded inside a sinister funhouse scenario with a bunch of goofy stuff involving mirrors and trapdoors etc.

So, who knows, maybe Hayes has finally gotten his wish
that isn't a pure white America

Just heard about Shibata :( Hope this is a lesson to other wrestlers doing stupid shit.

Oh and on Thursday I got to 2Sweet Omega and the Bucks so I'm all good

Top Bottom