• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Pikma

Banned
Almost certainly late on this, don't care

C-AXHYtUMAAXdTl.jpg

@reasonjp
Big banner in Korakuen reading 'The Wrestler Katsuyori Shibata- We'll wait for you' #njdontaku
I found RBH's alt

Anth0ny

On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave said that Jinder Mahal's title shot was because WWE views India as an important country due to India's high population (it's the country with the most WWE social media followers), and they want to push an Indian (even though he's actually Canadian) star in Jinder and the Bollywood Boyz. Several other companies have been making movements towards India, including Impact, and WWE doesn't want to be pushed out of the market. Dave doesn't entirely dismiss the possibility that Jinder could beat Randy Orton, but notes that whether they win or lose, WWE has a lot planned on the horizon for the Indian stable. He also said that this push towards India was a recent development, because otherwise they would have been protecting Jinder more and given him more than two singles wins in the past 8 months.

Ok so if you're going to push Jinder, then fucking push Jinder. He should kick ass on every Smackdown leading up to the PPV and either win the title or push Orton to his absolute limit and gain his respect in the end.

Ok so if you're going to push Jinder, then fucking push Jinder. He should kick ass on every Smackdown leading up to the PPV and either win the title or push Orton to his absolute limit and gain his respect in the end.

I just like that we're getting a stable out of it tbh

Meltzer seemed to imply Mahal is getting the push Corbin was going to get. They've just rushed it super bad.

I honestly don't know if I have ever seen a good Jinder Mahal match. I don't think I have.

Meltzer seemed to imply Mahal is getting the push Corbin was going to get. They've just rushed it super bad.

I honestly don't know if I have ever seen a good Jinder Mahal match. I don't think I have.

Weirdly might be beneficial for Corbin because I like the dude but he's not anywhere near ready for the Main event and could have been hurt long term by being put there too soon. All of this applies to Jinder but who cares if it hurts him long term it's fucking Jinder Mahal and Corbin main eventing too soon isn't funny but Jinder main eventing is super hilarious.

Weirdly might be beneficial for Corbin because I like the dude but he's not anywhere near ready for the Main event and could have been hurt long term by being put there too soon. ll of this applies to Jinder but who cares if it hurts him long term it's fucking Jinder Mahal and Corbin main eventing too soon isn't funny but Jinder main eventing is super hilarious.
I agree, Corbin isn't ready.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dolph ziggler can have 'good matches'

having good matches barely means shit in the modern wwe. like 90% of the roster can have them at this point. the storytelling is fucking boring and its just become pwg matches of 'move to move. spot to spot'

Zach

having good matches barely means shit in the modern wwe. like 90% of the roster can have them at this point. the storytelling is fucking boring and its just become pwg matches of 'move to move. spot to spot'
Mmhmm, mmhmm.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

This has hurt his career more than almost anything.

When he first got to the WWE he was better in ring than 90% of the roster...because the roster sucked at wrestling!

Now he's stuck in the 90% of people who can put on a good match but not a great one. His last chance was at Survivor Series 2014 and he's been cooked ever since.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I can't express the amount of disappointment in Bray vs Randy. The first WWE title match in a while that had a long build to it. That felt like something was going on. And it ends in an outta nowhere RKO spot.

I shouldn't have expected much from singles Randy Orton and was still disappointed.

This has hurt his career more than almost anything.

When he first got to the WWE he was better in ring than 90% of the roster...because the roster sucked at wrestling!

Now he's stuck in the 90% of people who can put on a good match but not a great one. His last chance was at Survivor Series 2014 and he's been cooked ever since.
He wasn't better than anyone on the roster except for maybe Khali. Ziggler's only claim to fame was being a master seller. People somehow confused that for being good at wrestling, though.

EDIT: and holy shit yes, Randy/Bray was a massive disappointment. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, that match had no excuse being as bad as it was with the build it had.

Like I can't express the amount of disappointment in Bray vs Randy. The first WWE title match in a while that had a long build to it. That felt like something was going on. And it ends in an outta nowhere RKO spot.

I shouldn't have expected much from singles Randy Orton and was still disappointed.

And not even a good one. It's just an RKO not a major cool reversal alas the Curb Stomp one just boom done... like uh ok.

Like I know it's popular right now to shit on Wyatt but people forgot really quick just how good he and Randy had been together, Wyatt looked like a world beater and Randy was rejuvenated there during that and then bam we're right back to boring ass Orton and Wyatt looks like a fucking loser again.

Tall4Life

I mean, I don't think this is something where you can really blame the wrestlers...the match was booked fucking poorly. There's nothing really around that. Same with Taker/Roman. It was booked by the road agents terribly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He wasn't better than anyone on the roster except for maybe Khali. Ziggler's only claim to fame was being a master seller. People somehow confused that for being good at wrestling, though.

He came back as Ziggler in 2008. The roster sucked at wrestling that year. I should know, that's the year I came back as a part timer.

What's better for comedy purposes, the annual "we should start caring about Bray, it'll totally work out" thing fans do or the annual "let's push Fale" thing New Japan does

Honestly strongly leaning to the Bray stuff

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, I don't think this is something where you can really blame the wrestlers...the match was booked fucking poorly. There's nothing really around that. Same with Taker/Roman. It was booked by the road agents terribly.
Orton seems like the kind of guy that can have whatever match he wants as long as its within the time limit. I'd be surprised if road agents were that involved in that match.

What's better for comedy purposes, the annual "we should start caring about Bray, it'll totally work out" thing fans do or the annual "let's push Fale" thing New Japan does

Bray's a more fun wrestler in-ring than Fale

I can accept Fale as a legit threat at least.

Did Randy even try to sell the spooky shit in the ring? Was that part of the storytelling? Randy going "This shit is fake, fuck you, RKO"
The only way that match works is if Randy exposed Bray's tricks as bullshit because it's fake. Bray is just a dude with no power.

Tall4Life

Orton seems like the kind of guy that can have whatever match he wants as long as its within the time limit. I'd be surprised if road agents were that involved in that match.

WWE doesn't really do that at all. Hell they were going to make HBK/Taker go 15 minutes in their first Mania match at 25. If they were originally going to get the short end of the stick like that, the two mega legends that they are, I really doubt Orton was the one who planned the match.

He's not stupid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ok he's an idiot in politics and social issues but i meant that he's not stupid in his job, which is wrestling

he knew he was going nowhere and he said himself the wyatt angle initially was like a breath of fresh air

You could have a better match in 10 minutes than what they had

and it was a breath of fresh air, which is why I would think Orton would realize the match they had ruined that goodwill and basically turned that fresh air into the same old... orton... viper... promo.....stink...of shit... reign.

You could have a better match in 10 minutes than what they had

and it was a breath of fresh air, which is why I would think Orton would realize the match they had ruined that goodwill and basically turned that fresh air into the same old... orton... viper... promo.....stink...of shit... reign.

Yep

Like I can't believe they didn't at least have Orton use projections of Vipers to set up the RKO, even that touch would have made it at least a bit memorable.

I remember the little things that made that angle work. Like Orton saying "RUN" before Luke could, and Orton shoving Bray out of the way of a spear...

Sigh...

Top Bottom