• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

"Lol salt. U mad. Hinder Jinder. Memes" Jinder is ruining christimas, and not in a good way like Braun did.
"genuine heel booes"
tenor.gif

Caderfix

I'm at the point where I wish Liu Kang was here to talk about Roman.

Liu would try to convince us that Jinder is the best thing that happened in recent history, but then he/she would see people unironically saying it's great and would walk away shaking his/her head in disapproval.

Caderfix

"I am tired of seeing the same wrestlers in the main event, I want something new"

*Jinder gets a title shot"

"No, not him. Push only the nerds I care about."

Jinder was a comedy heel who was in a group therapy with Enzo a couple months ago, then proceeded to win 2 matches in the last 8 months without looking credible or being built at all, lost to Mojo twice, was made to look like a fool by Gronk and stiffed the hell of his coleagues in house shows and regular matches on RAW, being reckless (I might be in the minority, but fuck stiff workers) in matches that don't matter.

Sure, it's just because they're not pushing a nerd I like.

At this point, I'm assuming he's winning. And I'm just so dumbfounded by the people who support that decision.

It'd be kinda funny just in how stupid it is?

Again you're talking to someone who willingly watched WCW in 99-2000, as in Nitro and Thunder.

I saw Arquette win that damn Big Gold Belt.... and laughed.

At some point you just have to laugh at the dumb shit these big companies do.

Plus I think they'd just elevate the US title to the main event.

Teeth

Yes, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does moving forward. I don't think he's god's gift to wrestling, and I certainly have never thought the size of someone's warcrate mattered or translated to how good they are.

I...I don't even know how that's possible.

Like, he has never "told a story" in the ring. He's never displayed feats of athleticism or willingness to put his body at risk. He's never wrestled an intelligent or precise match. And all of this could completely be not his fault (who knows who is laying out the matches). But there is literally nothing to praise in his matches. He is the AI set on easy. He is the character at level one before placing a point in a talent tree. I'd say he's as green as a garbage bag but he's been there for years.

I don't hate Jinder. I just think he barely exists.

Caderfix

It is something new and exciting and fun. I hope he does win. He has a great look and the potential to do more.

The brand's main title is not the title to give to a guy with zero build whose only real quality is having a good look. It is not the work in progress title. I would agree with you if it was for the US or IC.

I...I don't even know how that's possible.

Like, he has never "told a story" in the ring. He's never displayed feats of athleticism or willingness to put his body at risk. He's never wrestled an intelligent or precise match. And all of this could completely be not his fault (who knows who is laying out the matches). But there is literally nothing to praise in his matches. He is the AI set on easy. He is the character at level one before placing a point in a talent tree. I'd say he's as green as a garbage bag but he's been there for years.

I don't hate Jinder. I just think he barely exists.
And none of those things have ever mattered as much as you think they do in recent years.
giphy.gif

Give the main belt to a jobber with a look, brehs

It worked for Mankind. *shrug*

There is actual champion or star comparable to the Jinder situation, this is if Barry Horowitz got a title push.... That's why it's funny as hell

Caderfix

You know this shit is fake also, right? Why is everyone up in arms and all of a sudden desiring workrate in WWE when a month ago people didn't give a shit? Why not just give Jinder a chance?

You didn't answer my question, but I will answer yours.

I do, I know it's fake. It's show about fake fights with storylines and story building in between, making so that it becomes enjoyable to follow, for the most part.

I am willing to give Jinder a chance, but what we are currently seeing in this fake fighting soap opera is simply terrible nonsensical storytelling that happened out of nowhere for no other reason than "oh shit, we need to appeal to that market NOW!".

It's being terribly handled. The green performer receiving the push went from a total jobber to a world championship contender even though nothing at all was shown to support the idea that he might pull it of. If you go back in my posting history, before he decided to stiff people in matches that didn't matter, I was actually saying positive things about Jinder and honestly expected and hoped he would receive a fair chance. But this is simply bad.

As a little jimmy ABA Undertaker was the literal definition of a badass to me, Big Evil is best Taker but goddamn I used to mark out for that damn motorcycle and trenchcoat.

It's being terribly handled. The green performer receiving the push went from a total jobber to a world championship contender even though nothing at all was shown to support the idea that he might pull it of.

If he did it 1 on 1 then you'd have a point. But it was a 6-man match, and he cheated to win. It's not like anyone's skill was diminished here unless you're one of those delusional Sami Zayn fans who think that if he doesn't have a belt than he's "buried."

I do agree that it seems a bit rushed, but the way they handled it is fine. Heel cheats to win a title match is as old as time itself. Now if Jinder ends up completely dropping the ball with this opportunity then that's one thing, but it's barely been a week since he won. As I've said before, I don't think he's god's gift to wrestling, but I'm for sure going to give this push a chance and see where it goes.

If he did it 1 on 1 then you'd have a point. But it was a 6-man match, and he cheated to win. It's not like anyone's skill was diminished here unless you're one of those delusional Sami Zayn fans who think that if he doesn't have a belt than he's "buried."

I do agree that it seems a bit rushed, but the way they handled it is fine. Heel cheats to win a title match is as old as time itself. Now if Jinder ends up completely dropping the ball with this opportunity then that's one thing, but it's barely been a week since he won. As I've said before, I don't think he's god's gift to wrestling, but I'm for sure going to give this push a chance and see where it goes.

I think you might have completely become even more positive than me

Caderfix

I would agree if there was at least some building to his character or at least if the performer was given more room to breath instead of jumping from lower card jobber to the main event. I didn't feel this way even about Ellsworth's rise. That by itself should say a lot about how this was handled.

Hasney

Trash bag Miz was champion. You can't defend that and hate on Jinder.

The Truth got a title shot as well. Jinder getting one isn't crazy.

Truth had the single most entertaining gimmick in the company before the shot. Jinder has.. Some veins, I guess?

But its fine, your comparison to Miz is probably where I fall and that was enough to get me to be bored enough to atop watching.

NJPW fans: "yeah, not at all excited for Fale getting a title shot, but he's only a stopgap challenger I'm sure they'll build a good show around it".

WWE fans: "fucking JINDER!? This is bullshit, I said push different guys! What? I know he's different, but I didn't mean HIM, ffs!" *repeat rant daily*

NJPW fans: "yeah, not at all excited for Fale getting a title shot, but he's only a stopgap challenger I'm sure they'll build a good show around it".

WWE fans: "fucking JINDER!? This is bullshit, I said push different guys! What? I know he's different, but I didn't mean HIM, ffs!" *repeat rant daily*

Did you ever watch that match I suggested to you? (jeff hardy vs Undertaker ladder match on raw)

Top Bottom