• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's almost like

as if

the belt didnt really matter back then and its a crutch to try to make people feel important now

The belt did matter back then, even more so, because if you switched companies they could advertise you as a former world champion and therefore you'd win more money.

Conversely people were less likely to want to drop belts because it meant a pay drop and there were fewer of them, though more recognized top belts in different regions. So getting the title was a big deal.

It's not to say that your level of stardom could outshine the belt like it did with Jake or Piper.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's almost like

as if

the belt didnt really matter back then and its a crutch to try to make people feel important now
If anything, I'd say the reverse. Belts felt way more important than now, unless you think Ramen Rings vs Hunner Hearst for the KFC Galactic Title is compelling television.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Belts only mattered to certain people. Mr Perfect was NEVER going to be a world champion. And he didnt need it. Same for Jake.

The belt was more about the company and not about the superstar

Have faith
jFQx19D.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Where did the meme of "What is ________ doing in the Impact Zone?" come from?

Mid 2000's when someone would leave the WWE for whatever reason and usually end up in Orlando, working for TNA, with a different but very similar name and appearance.

Tagyhag

Z7Bbd.gif

What in the fuck? I'm so glad I wasn't watching wrestling during this.

Mid 2000's when someone would leave the WWE for whatever reason and usually end up in Orlando, working for TNA, with a different but very similar name and appearance.

Ah that's what I assumed, I just couldn't think of anyone.

Almost certainly late on this, don't care

C-AXHYtUMAAXdTl.jpg

@reasonjp
Big banner in Korakuen reading 'The Wrestler Katsuyori Shibata- We'll wait for you' #njdontaku

HHH is a guy that just can't seem to ever rise above good... which given he basically got to book himself a lot you'd think he'd have at least one great match but no he's just good I guess....

BTW my cat Smokey is the greatest cat ever and El Dandy is an incredibly underrated wrestler.

HHH is a guy that just can't seem to ever rise above good... which given he basically got to book himself a lot you'd think he'd have at least one great match but no he's just good I guess....

BTW my cat Smokey is the greatest cat ever and El Dandy is an incredibly underrated wrestler.

Indeed!

Top Bottom