• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Assuming this is a shoot, Kendrick really is the worst. Even if it is a work I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItxKNnRJans

giphy.gif

Tall4Life

You could have a better match in 10 minutes than what they had

and it was a breath of fresh air, which is why I would think Orton would realize the match they had ruined that goodwill and basically turned that fresh air into the same old... orton... viper... promo.....stink...of shit... reign.

Ok, I'll try to explain my side with this. Yes, they could've had a more exciting 10 minute match. No doubt. But I don't see that blame falling on Orton or Wyatt. They worked ok. It wasn't Tanahashi vs Okada but it was ok. The match abruptly finished with no regard for the story they were building in the ring. I'm putting the blame on the people who booked and made the match, it was structurally poor. Considering WWE has a penchant for doing these really bizarre matches with abrupt and stale endings... yeah it's not hard for me to pin the blame on the bookers for it.

If your two wrestlers can really go, then you let them go hard. If they can sort of go together, like Randy and Bray, then you focus a bit more on the structure of the match and plan that shit out to not expose their weaknesses and make for a tighter match. The two of them did their roles, their roles were just shit.

I can extend that to the Roman/Taker match. Yes, Roman hadn't needed to carry someone that hard by that point so he was totally inexperienced. Taker was old and slow as fuck and could barely go. That's a black mark on the match, definitely. But it's arguably an even bigger black mark on the bookers for how they planned the match. I'll try to recall it.

The match is ok for a while, until Taker hits his tombstone, which I think is the only one he does in the ENTIRE MATCH. Up to that point, we had been conditioned on multiple tombstones and other finishers as a Taker Mania match was a huge clash of the titans of wrestling. Roman then proceeds to hit like 4 spears over the course of 20 minutes with only a Taker chokeslam somewhere in between, I think between his 1st and 2nd spear in that series. Taker gets no offense between the 3rd and 4th spears. Instead of leaving that match with tension, or really any emotion, we're left with apathy because the match was a nothingburger up to that point, with literally no offense from Taker.

That issue from the match isn't a problem with the wrestlers in the ring, that's a problem with how the match was BOOKED. Same with Orton/Bray. If they wanted to go with a squash type match for Roman/Taker, then they should've booked it shorter with the spears closer together. 10 minutes, maybe. Shorter, even. That's how you book a fuck you squash match that appears fast-paced to hide the shortcomings of both Roman and Taker.

If they wanted an epic brawl, then they should've booked it so Taker actually got offense in the last 3/4 of the match.

What we got from the booking was an awful, boring mix of both where it didn't work out and we ended with Mania with apathy and resignation.

WWE matches almost always have a problem with their booking, not with the quality of the wrestlers.

Caderfix

Weirdly might be beneficial for Corbin because I like the dude but he's not anywhere near ready for the Main event and could have been hurt long term by being put there too soon. All of this applies to Jinder but who cares if it hurts him long term it's fucking Jinder Mahal and Corbin main eventing too soon isn't funny but Jinder main eventing is super hilarious.

It's not though...

It's not though...

It is to me.

New Ep of The Elite

https://youtu.be/nxPNTsttNQQ

Moving more and more to a split between Adam Cole and Kenny and the Bucks. The frequent appearances of Marty Scurll makes me hope that when they do pull the split that Marty slides into Adam's spot in the Elite... because Marty is awesome on these things, he's gone from a guy who I like fine enough to a guy I love thanks to how fun he is on these.

Honestly this story is my fav in wrestling right now and lol it;s told through Youtube.

I think the 'heel throws the old title in the trash to debut a new title' is one of my least favorite wrestling things. It never gets over, never feels right, and through some voodoo magic the new titles always look worse.

Rimfya

Banned
I am by order of magnitude more excited by Mahal with the strap than Orton. Meta heel with ridiculous push and poses a genuine threat to the careers of others, instead of Boring McBoringface.

Teeth

Moves Jinder has used since returning:
1) punches
2) forearms
3) jumping knee
4) full nelson slam (once)

He has a more limited moveset than Big Show. I don't think I've seen a less interesting wrestler in the ring.

Tall4Life

1) punches
2) forearms
3) jumping knee

He has a more limited moveset than Big Show. I don't think I've seen a less interesting wrestler in the ring.
Stone Cold said himself that he only used 3 moves post neck injury

1) punches
2) forearms
3) jumping knee

Because movesets have always mattered in wrestling, particularly the WWE...

Toki767

Everyone continually posting pictures of Jinder and commenting about his physique ever since he came back is to blame.

Someone must have shown that to Vince and he figured that meant people actually cared about him.

"I am tired of seeing the same wrestlers in the main event, I want something new"

*Jinder gets a title shot"

"No, not him. Push only the nerds I care about."

Top Bottom