• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Hasney

NJPW fans: "yeah, not at all excited for Fale getting a title shot, but he's only a stopgap challenger I'm sure they'll build a good show around it".

WWE fans: "fucking JINDER!? This is bullshit, I said push different guys! What? I know he's different, but I didn't mean HIM, ffs!" *repeat rant daily*

Aren't most of NJPWs shows entertaining? This is just the straw that broken the camels back in terms of WWE.

Worrying about WWE booking is pointless.

I'm pleased that Sabre is settling into a Danielson-like championship reign with the Evolve title. The defense against Lio Rush felt like Danielson vs. Delirious, a midcard title challenge that made the challenger look good and the champion look formidable because he was taking on all comers.

Did you ever watch that match I suggested to you? (jeff hardy vs Undertaker ladder match on raw)

Yep, very FnP. Loved the spot where Taker went for the powerbomb, but Jeff whacked him in the head with a chair - also, Taker totally saved Jeff's ass on a tope, went well out of his way to catch him. Good guy Taker.

ReiGun

I can't get upset about Jinder because storytelling in WWE has been crap forever. His super-rocket push is just another thing to toss on the pile.

Raw and Smackdown are, compared to most of what's available on television these days, pretty crap TV shows. Fun, but still pretty crap. At this point, I'm just hoping the feud with Orton is entertaining and helps Jinder and the Bollywood Boys have more success in their careers. Plus, this is a chance to have more diversity in a main event scene that's been dominated by white dudes for.....basically forever.

Lion's Gate Project 5 card;

Wxzqva3.gif

New young lion Tetsuhiro Yagi debuts in the opening match vs Kawato, also Daisuke Kanehira from HEAT UP debuts vs YOSHI-HASHI. Plus, K-Dojo stand-out Ayato Yoshida gets his singles match against Kojima! Really looking forward to that one. Elsewhere, Son of Red Shoes goes up against the always grumpy El Desperado, Dinosaur Takuma from K-Dojo and FREEDOMS Toru Sugiura return to take on Tenzan & Tiger Mask and in the main event Oka & Kitamura team up to face their mentors Nagata & Nakanishi.

Lion's Gate Project 5 card;

Wxzqva3.gif

New young lion Tetsuhiro Yagi debuts in the opening match vs Kawato, also Daisuke Kanehira from HEAT UP debuts vs YOSHI-HASHI. Plus, K-Dojo stand-out Ayato Yoshida gets his singles match against Kojima! Really looking forward to that one. Elsewhere, Son of Red Shoes goes up against the always grumpy El Desperado, Dinosaur Takuma from K-Dojo and FREEDOMS Toru Sugiura return to take on Tenzan & Tiger Mask and in the main event Oka & Kitamura team up to face their mentors Nagata & Nakanishi.

Should be fun. I really enjoyed the last show.

I still don't view Jinder's random title shot as a "push", if only because it's a one off thing. I'm sure we can find example sin the past of other wrestlers getting a single shot.

It's just kind of funny to see people getting so upset over Jinder but then defending Naomi saying how she's deserved it. Both are on the same plane in terms of in-ring and mic work, yet everyone was quick to applaud Naomi getting the belt.

New Japan's got quite a few young lions now;

. Hirai Kawato
. Tomoyuki Oka
. Katsuya Kitamura
. Shota Umino
. Henare (out with an Achilles injury)
. Tetsuhiro Yagi (debuts next month)
. HikuLe'o (Haku's youngest son, yet to debut)
. Teruaki Kanemitsu (on the shelf due to a spine injury)
. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu (on learning excursion)

Almost enough to run a young lion's cup again, which'd be cool. Maybe do a round-robin, once Henare's back from injury. Very little word on Kanemitsu though, not sure if he'll return to action or chose to retire. HikuLe'o is an interesting one, he's very tall, bigger than Fale even. Saw a couple of matches of his from New Zealand, I don't think it'll be too long before he makes his official debut.

Incidentally, Fale's opened his own coffee shop and bar in Tokyo called Tonga. Guess now he's part of the office he's planning on staying with New Japan for a while.

Should be fun. I really enjoyed the last show.

Yeah, they're always fun little shows, nothing stand-out but it's cool to see these guys progressing.

I still don't view Jinder's random title shot as a "push", if only because it's a one off thing. I'm sure we can find example sin the past of other wrestlers getting a single shot.

It's just kind of funny to see people getting so upset over Jinder but then defending Naomi saying how she's deserved it. Both are on the same plane in terms of in-ring and mic work, yet everyone was quick to applaud Naomi getting the belt.
Jinder had only been working Main Event until recently. Naomi had been on television.

There is only one World title in play at the minute as Brock is gone again. Bray was demoted from the World title scene to give it back to stale Randy.

There are many other more meaningful people who could feud with Orton but Jinder? Too soon.

Jinder would have been great in a US title role before this

Rimfya

Banned
Yeah but who in India is going to care about Mahal being the mid card champ? The big belt will be the Corporate belt for marketing reasons. The US belt can go to the people only the internet care about.

The reason why we always wins is because they work people into talking about jinder for pages on end.

It doesn't seem like something that's too hard to ignore if you don't like it

"I am tired of seeing the same wrestlers in the main event, I want something new"

*Jinder gets a title shot"

"No, not him. Push only the nerds I care about."

giphy.gif

In the last year we've had James Ellsworth have a title shot and Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton making that belt look like the old Diva's belt.
I don't care if Jinder gets a shot. At least let him win first before the whole doomsday scenario.

New Japan's got quite a few young lions now;

. Hirai Kawato
. Tomoyuki Oka
. Katsuya Kitamura
. Shota Umino
. Henare (out with an Achilles injury)
. Tetsuhiro Yagi (debuts next month)
. HikuLe'o (Haku's youngest son, yet to debut)
. Teruaki Kanemitsu (on the shelf due to a spine injury)
. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu (on learning excursion)

Almost enough to run a young lion's cup again, which'd be cool. Maybe do a round-robin, once Henare's back from injury. Very little word on Kanemitsu though, not sure if he'll return to action or chose to retire. HikuLe'o is an interesting one, he's very tall, bigger than Fale even. Saw a couple of matches of his from New Zealand, I don't think it'll be too long before he makes his official debut.

Incidentally, Fale's opened his own coffee shop and bar in Tokyo called Tonga. Guess now he's part of the office he's planning on staying with New Japan for a while.

Yeah, they're always fun little shows, nothing stand-out but it's cool to see these guys progressing.

I had assumed that Jay White and/or David Finlay would also return.

Jinder had only been working Main Event until recently. Naomi had been on television.

There is only one World title in play at the minute as Brock is gone again. Bray was demoted from the World title scene to give it back to stale Randy.

There are many other more meaningful people who could feud with Orton but Jinder? Too soon.

Jinder would have been great in a US title role before this

Eh this still feels like excuses for inconsistent hate. Naomi wasn't doing much of anything before her rebrand and then even before the title. Jinder was between Main Event and Raw plus the RuRu stuff. Yeah lots of people could have gone with Orton is also bland as hell so why bother?

Zach

Can't wait to see Jinder's incredible promos, what with Professor Beef saying he's the same as a Mankind or Chris Jericho.

The 'Cane the Bollywood Boys' promo is going tobe something special.

The Three Faces of Jinder (pre-juice, 3MB, post-juice) interviews with Michael Cole will be riveting.

"You've awoken something inside of me that was sleeping for too long. My Juicesona!"

Jinder' promo this week: "them, "Do you know what it feels like to sit on an airplane with the stench of your own popped backne zits in your nostrils for 14 hours?"

Since he's just like Foley and all.

James Drake seems very gotten to about criticism from the PROGRESS fans

Lots of posts on Twitter (and the fan Facebook group) playing the heel I don't care what you think thing.

You could've heard a pin drop during his match yesterday. Not even the crowd chatting amongst themselves, DEAD SILENCE.

He is Not Good. Or at least, has not shown it.

I really can't think of anything Jinder Mahal has actually done to make people excited outside of lolhardbody or whatever. I'm willing to see how it all plays out but I really don't know why people would be unironically excited based on everything he has done since he returned.

Caderfix

I really can't think of anything Jinder Mahal has actually done to make people excited outside of lolhardbody or whatever. I'm willing to see how it all plays out but I really don't know why people would be unironically excited based on everything he has done since he returned.

As far as I understood, being something new is enough, no matter how little sense it makes nor how bad it is handled, and in other cases because it's hilarious, apparently.

Now all we can do is wait and see hoping it either turns out great or is over soon.

Is Jinder just a much worse Lex Luger? I bet Jinder's just a much worse Lex Luger.

Imagine if Lex showed up, was shat on by the entire roster consistently (won two single matches in 8 months), didn't have any build and the writers didn't even try to give him a character in the least but still got pushed to the main event scene and, along with it, a lot of his fans started a "u mad" campaign around the internet. That's Jinder.

Top Bottom