• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Zach

Sephzilla

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON. WE ARE FIVE DAYS AWAY FROM GWF3

A7EtD92.png

GWF 3: Sports-Entertainia
Date: Friday, April 28th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

yXI7kEF.png

Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear -- images of strange and powerful forces. But of all the forces in the universe, the two most powerful -- Zach Hogan! And the Ultimate Menome! -- prepare to explode!

Filth Champion versus Purity Champion. Nickname versus no nickname.

It's the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!! IT'S GWF THREEEEEEEE!!!

-----
Singles Match
FlammableD vs ShadowSwordmaster

FlammableD and ShadowSwordmaster kickoff the Sports Entertainiest event in Sports Entertainment with a high powered singles match! Who will gain footing and make a statement in the bigger GWF standings?!
-----
Singles Match
SomewhatGroovy vs Mahonay

Will Earthworm Jim be able to stop the young buck of GWF, Mahonay?
-----
GWF B+ Championship
Tall4Life vs Korly

After stumbling attempting to contend for the GWF World Championship, Tall4Life sets his aspirations and Super Bowl Punch towards the undefeated Korly and the GWF B+ Championship. Who's betta than Korly? Tall4Life hopes it's him.
-----
GWF B+ Championship #1 Contender Battle Royal
BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow vs Caderfix vs The Strokes vs BronsonLee vs RBH

Six men compete in an over the top rope Battle Royal to decide who will contend for the GWF B+ Championship at GWF4!
-----
Singles Match
Sephzilla vs imBask

The boss is back and looking to pick up his second win in GWF. The ultimate upper case B player, imBask, hopes to stop the law in its tracks.
-----
GWF Tag Team Championship
klonere & Heroman (The New Japan Express) vs Bronx-Man & Ithil (The Just Friends)

The New Japan Express is back on track and is hoping to claim the GWF Tag Titles. The Just Friends are looking to remain undefeated tag team champions in their first defense of their titles!
-----
Singles Match
Hasney vs DMczaf

After demanding a match at GWF3, they got it! Will WrassleGAF's #1 Shooter be able to stop BROKEN Hasney!?
-----
20 Minute "Loser Loses Slogan" Iron Man Match - Winner's tag team becomes GWF Tag #1 Contenders
Menome (w/ Browny) vs Zach (w/ Biggest-Geek-Ever)

A grudge match will huge implications. Menome is looking to reclaim his honor after being defeated by Zach at GWF2. This time the stakes are high as "Filth" and "BJ" are on the line!
-----
Extreme Rules Match
Syder vs Kornflayx

After the controversial finish at GWF1's Pre-Show, Syder and Kornflayx square off one more time to settle the score. This time there will be no controversy as the rule book has been thrown out the window for this match.
-----
GWF World Championship
FallingEdge vs Beefy

The match everyone has been waiting for! Beefy defends his GWF World Heavyweight Championship against #1 Contender FallingEdge! Who will walk out of the biggest event in GWF history as the champion of the world!?

James Drake seems very gotten to about criticism from the PROGRESS fans

Lots of posts on Twitter (and the fan Facebook group) playing the heel I don't care what you think thing.

You could've heard a pin drop during his match yesterday. Not even the crowd chatting amongst themselves, DEAD SILENCE.

He is Not Good. Or at least, has not shown it.

Reminds me of Whiplash's shitty Progress run, it's getting shit reactions because we've been given no reason to care about him in the ring. He hasn't demonstrated why we should give a toss about a James Drake match being on the card. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stuff that gets over a guy's character and I think he's done a good job of acting like a ruthless prick with a chip on his shoulder, but the matches haven't always backed it up.

Caderfix

I feel bad for Kalisto but at the same time I don't, because it's kind of impossible to care about him... He is a slightly more charismatic Apollo Crews.

Reminds me of Whiplash's shitty Progress run, it's getting shit reactions because we've been given no reason to care about him in the ring. He hasn't demonstrated why we should give a toss about a James Drake match being on the card. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stuff that gets over a guy's character and I think he's done a good job of acting like a ruthless prick with a chip on his shoulder, but the matches haven't always backed it up.

I just hate his look even. It's not menacing, it's the 15 year old who just heard Cradle of Filth for the first time.

New Japan's got quite a few young lions now;

Almost enough to run a young lion's cup again, which'd be cool. Maybe do a round-robin, once Henare's back from injury. Very little word on Kanemitsu though, not sure if he'll return to action or chose to retire. HikuLe'o is an interesting one, he's very tall, bigger than Fale even. Saw a couple of matches of his from New Zealand, I don't think it'll be too long before he makes his official debut.

Hopefully Kanemitsu can come back soon but this injury has already really impacted his spot in the young lion order. He was senior young boy a few months ago and has now been passed by Kawato, Oka, and Kitamura. Its going to be hard for him to stand out with all the new guys that are popping up.

After suggesting it for someone else the other day, I ended up rewatching some of wrestlewar 92.

Jesus that Steiner's/Fujinami & Iizuka match is brutal. And not in a bad way!

Caderfix

He will. The obvious ending is Braun dominating the match until Roman surprises him and gets one over on him before the PPV.

Well, if that happens at least Braun's chance of winning the PPV goes up by 50%, as the WWE rules book says that if you go over on the go home show you'll put someone over on the PPV.

I really hope that Roman pops out of the dumpster when Braun gets close to putting Kalisto in it. And the narrative is Reigns has been hiding in a dumpster this whole time because of his beatdown.

GunBR

Watching Braun kill Roman two weeks ago was great, but WWE really want us to forget that Roman already beat Strowman clean last month?

Watching Braun kill Roman two weeks ago was great, but WWE really want us to forget that Roman already beat Strowman clean last month?

Honestly, for RAW, yes. There was an article a while ago (that I would have no idea how to search for), but at this point they write it as a weekly show instead of an overarching story like Smackdown does.

You're supposed to be able to tune into RAW as a new viewer and not feel "left out", so most of the things that happened a month+ ago are usually forgotten.

Top Bottom