• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Roman's going over Sunday, so at least tonight we'll get a nice image of Strowman throwing a dumpster with Roman inside into a bigger dumpster.

The other 6 will never happen and they'll let Bellator or Rizin have him if he wants to be there, but he's successfully conned Dana into doing a second fight and they're looking for an opponent

Fox318

Its crazy to me that Punk is doing shit like that yet still claims hes committed to being a UFC fighter.

You're telling me he couldn't get on a Submission Underground card or try and train for some IBJJF invitational or something?

Its crazy to me that Punk is doing shit like that yet still claims hes committed to being a UFC fighter.

You're telling me he couldn't get on a Submission Underground card or try and train for some IBJJF invitational or something?

No, cause he's under UFC contract

Dana White also seriously thinks he's about to close the deal between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor's fight, what a buffoon.

I've went from thinking it'll never happen to thinking it'll happen and idiots will absolutely pay $200 on PPV to see it

Yall got conned into buying Floyd/Pacquiao for $100, don't tell me you think this won't be at least double that price

Did you see how much he thinks both would get? Damn crazy

To be honest, that fight would probably make it. People paid $100 for the PPV of Mayweather vs Pacquiao, and boxing is pretty much dead for the casual audience.

He said he hasn't even talked to Floyd's team yet, but thinks he can get it done with a 60/40 split.

Shit's going to be Inoki vs Ali II, a complete carnival. Surprised Vince hasn't tried to step in yet.

To be honest, that fight would probably make it. People paid $100 for the PPV of Mayweather vs Pacquiao, and boxing is pretty much dead for the casual audience.

He said he hasn't even talked to Floyd's team yet, but thinks he can get it done with a 60/40 split.

Shit's going to be Inoki vs Ali II, a complete carnival. Surprised Vince hasn't tried to step in yet.

This isn't directed AT you, but why would anyone agree to that in something that's a one on one fight?

"Yeah, you're gonna get punched in the face a lot, but no matter what you're making less win or lose."

Seems shitty, haha.

Slizz

I've went from thinking it'll never happen to thinking it'll happen and idiots will absolutely pay $200 on PPV to see it

Yall got conned into buying Floyd/Pacquiao for $100, don't tell me you think this won't be at least double that price

Double the price for half the boxing? I'd rather go to a bar and pay for drinks. By the end of my second one the fight will probably be over.

It actually is ridiculous that some states are willing to sanction this.....

tumblr_onn8ycBy1Z1sac500o3_1280.jpg

Who's this?

Heroman

Banned
This isn't directed AT you, but why would anyone agree to that in something that's a one on one fight?

"Yeah, you're gonna get punched in the face a lot, but no matter what you're making less win or lose."

Seems shitty, haha.
Connor will make more losing then he will in his whole UFC career.

Seems shitty, haha.

This carnival shit happens all the time in boxing. A 60/40 split is fucking generous compared to some of the splits I've seen over the last few years. Boxers have to fight bigger names to get more exposure, but the bigger name was a huge share because they're drawing in all of the viewers.

That's not even factoring in the bigger name just ducking the fight because they might lose (See Canelo Alvarez vs GGG). Nothing against the fighters personally, just the shitty promoters they have.

In Conor's case, he's making WAY more from this fight than any UFC fight he'll do. So that's why I think Floyd giving him 40 is hilarious. Floyd has all the cards in this negotiation.

Seems shitty, haha.

Conor's literally never made more than $6 mil for a single fight, and has been pretty clear and consistent in saying if he ever makes megabucks for one he's probably not sticking around. He absolutely doesn't want to do this forever and does want to make a stupid amount of money once before he goes

A scenario where $100 mil total is on the table and he makes literally $40 fucking million from it guaranteed is absolutely one he's not turning down. He hasn't even made that much in his whole career (Forbes says $22 mil total)

Conor's literally never made more than $6 mil for a single fight, and has been pretty clear and consistent in saying if he ever makes megabucks for one he's probably not sticking around. He absolutely doesn't want to do this forever and does want to make a stupid amount of money once before he goes

A scenario where $100 mil total is on the table and he makes literally $40 fucking million from it guaranteed is absolutely one he's not turning down. He hasn't even made that much in his whole career (Forbes says $22 mil total)

No, I understand that aspect of it, and I know it's a shitload of money, but it just seems shitty when you're as big as both of them to go "Well you're only worth 40% of a fight that you're 50% of".

No, I understand that aspect of it, and I know it's a shitload of money, but it just seems shitty when you're as big as both of them to go "Well you're only worth 40% of a fight that you're 50% of".

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to say that concept is incorrect or shouldn't be fought for. Just that Conor's not the type to fight it or care about being the victim of it if he gets $40 mil/fuck you money out of it. He'd be looking up flights and island rentals well before a journalist finished asking him how he feels about the other guy being paid $60 mil

As for Floyd, he's made a living off of getting these kinds of deals for him vs these kinds of deals for opponents. He's been able to do it since he took a (comparatively smaller) big payday to fight the then-biggest name in the business, because he felt confident he'd win, and he did and made a career out of this shit because of that gamble.

Just looked through the episode guide for Season 3 and I'm afraid you're wrong. Learn to accept it and move on. Make a better man/woman of yourself. Chin up. Eyes wide. Shining bright. Be a star.
14.Homer the greek
15.Homer Alone
16.Bart the Lover

Fine then, Memenome. A weak middle. Geez.

Top Bottom