• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Raw64life

tumblr_onn8ycBy1Z1sac500o3_1280.jpg

I recently started following her on Twitter. It was a good decision.

And you are a Cena fan, if remember correctly, right? Is it a "recent" thing or were you a fan since or before the super Cena era?
I like Cena. I have some problems (more recently the thing where his opponent cuts a legit promo with proper points only for Cena to then ignore everything they say on his promo back at them) but overall I like the dude. I think I've said before in a post that him beating Rey is my only real moment where I'm genuinely pissed at him winning. Of course I'm also really mad at him going over the likes of Bray, Rusev and the Nexus but Rey was where it hit deep.

And I was a fan of Cena kind of all around. I was young when Cena was around in his early WWE champ stages so I didn't really have the sense to think lolCenawins at his matches.

Manbig

tumblr_nppe72nNty1qzy7ano3_250.gif

Is it worth it to go back and watch it?

I wouldn't say that the matches are worth watching, but this promo for Truth vs Cena should give you a decent idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6_LMy9IgCM

It started amazing then got even better when he was teaming with Miz. No joke, when they attacked Punk and Del Rio after their Hell in a Cell match, the crowd went fucking ballistic. Those two seemed like a super random pairing, but it was working, but then the just became fodder for the Rock's first return match and then they turned Truth into a goofy ass nutcase instead of a scary nutcase.

I have noticed that a lot of people like to shit on Truth in here from when I occasionally lurk and read, but he had proven that he can have great matches and be a damn good heel in both WWE and TNA. He is one of their most underrated guys and deserved far more than to be Santino 2.0.

I like Cena. I have some problems (more recently the thing where his opponent cuts a legit promo with proper points only for Cena to then ignore everything they say on his promo back at them) but overall I like the dude. I think I've said before in a post that him beating Rey is my only real moment where I'm genuinely pissed at him winning. Of course I'm also really mad at him going over the likes of Bray, Rusev and the Nexus but Rey was where it hit deep.

And I was a fan of Cena kind of all around. I was young when Cena was around in his early WWE champ stages so I didn't really have the sense to think lolCenawins at his matches.
Geek, how old are you?

Kaladin

For whatever reason the match where Rey beats Miz is often repeated as a 15 minute slot filler on UK tv/Sky Sports so I get to witness Rey's tragic reign on a regular basis.

Well, it was one of Miz's best matches.

I loved the whole "WWE title matches can only end with pinfall or submission" gimmick they used in that tournament, and it made those matches better. Especially the finals.

Caderfix

My opinion about him changed so much in recent years. I used to hate the character and how he went over regardless, but as soon as he started to be booked a little bit less like superman he started to become more and more enjoyable to watch to the point where I actually became a fan of his.

The difference booking can make is insane.

Thanks for the rundown, Manbig. I heard a lot about Miz and Truth, I'll give it a look.

Summer in NXT, when she was actually treated as a threat.

I think I read once that she's never hit her finisher on the main roster.
She has a finisher?!

Well, it was one of Miz's best matches.

I loved the whole "WWE title matches can only end with pinfall or submission" gimmick they used in that tournament, and it made those matches better. Especially the finals.

No lies detected.

Kaladin

Former WWE champion CM Punk has been announced as joining the cast of MTV series The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros. This will be the latest installment of an ongoing Challenge series for the network where sports stars compete against alumni of the reality competition.

The six-week event, which was filmed a month ago in California, will feature past alumni of the MTV staple and pro athletes competing for $50,000 for one man and one woman. The athletes are competing for charity.

CM Punk, listed as UFC fighter, will be competing for PAWS Chicago.

The series will debut on 5/16 at 9 PM Eastern.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Former WWE champion CM Punk has been announced as joining the cast of MTV series The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros. This will be the latest installment of an ongoing Challenge series for the network where sports stars compete against alumni of the reality competition.

The six-week event, which was filmed a month ago in California, will feature past alumni of the MTV staple and pro athletes competing for $50,000 for one man and one woman. The athletes are competing for charity.

I'll be tuning in to every single episode

giphy.gif

Tom Nook

The Miz fits both categories.

I mean, not sure why you care if someone calls WWE trash. Not really worth caring about or defending.

It's a discussion board last time I check, forgive me for having a discussion. I'm just pointing out someone saying the product is complete trash yet they also claim to not watching it AT ALL

it's not about defending anything, it's about pointing out someone is talking out of their ass

carry on

Mahonay

Banned
It's a discussion board last time I check, forgive me for having a discussion. I'm just pointing out someone saying the product is complete trash yet they also claim to not watching it AT ALL

it's not about defending anything, it's about pointing out someone is talking out of their ass

carry on
I pretty much exclusively talk out of my ass on internet forums.

Top Bottom