• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Caderfix

giphy.gif

Just kidding, friend.

xDxIOOF.jpg

Sephzilla

They were pretty bad films.

People forget the new Star Trek would have you believe Kirk became captain after picking a fight with the previous captain.

But now Trekkies like lens flare and space battles.

Eh, nobody really cares how he becomes captain they just care that he becomes captain.

The JJ films are still way better than the TNG films. Even First Contact, while really good, is flimsy as fuck in the story department. And the "Trek movies being about space battles" thing started before JJ touched the franchise too

Toki767

When does Robocop go into the WWE Hall of Fame Celebrity Wing with the current President of the United States?

I can't believe I just typed that.

Eh, nobody really cares how he becomes captain they just care that he becomes captain.

The JJ films are still way better than the TNG films. Even First Contact, while really good, is flimsy as fuck in the story department. And the "Trek movies being about space battles" thing started before JJ touched the franchise too

Not as Star Trek films they aren't.

Star Trek was clearly JJ's audition for Star Wars.

Was Peter Weller actually the Robocop who saved Sting or did they stick some random guy in the suit?
According to the Lapsed Fan at least, it was Peter Weller and the suit was impossible to do anything outside of simple motions in. I'm doing some google searching now, and it seems Jim Cornette is the one saying it was Weller, so grain of salt and all that.

I always laugh at how small and toy-like Robocop looks compared to the wrasslers.

Arn could have ripped him in half.

Sephzilla

Not as Star Trek films they aren't.

Star Trek was clearly JJ's audition for Star Wars.

The Trek TNG movies feel like they were written by people who never watched the TV show. And that's embarrassing because two of them were directed by one of the cast members. First Contact completely ignores all of Picard's character development after "Best of Both Worlds" in order to even work.

Outside of one scene there's nothing in Into Darkness that resembles Wrath of Khan at all
It's the biggest emotional scene in the entire movie, though. And it drives the rest of the film.

And they fuck it up with that cringey, tone-deaf "Khaaaaaaaan!" scream and bringing Kirk back to life. The first part isn't a deal-breaker, but the latter completely ruins the last 30 minutes of the movie and does miss the point of Wrath of Khan completely.
MITB 2011 takes it for me, especially considering the PPV itself.

Money_in_the_Bank_%282011%29.jpg
Hahahaha. It's always weird to me how, with a few exceptions, the biggest storylines on the show are never hinted at on the posters. I'm sure they plan these things out in advance and whatever, but would it really be such a hassle to put CM Punk there when it's clear he's the hottest deal in the company at that point?

Nekofrog

Banned
Roberto Orci, one of the writers of the movie, is a 9/11 truther and the plot of Star Trek Into Darkness is "terrorist commits terrorist attacks against the Federation but it turns out it was all an inside job so a Starfleet admiral could justify war against the Klingons"

Lest we forget that it was RoboCop who was behind the terrorist plot

Sting was in the shadows as an accomplice

Kaladin

They should re-brand PPVs similar to how they branded NXT Takeover events. They're not PPVs, they're not live event specials, they're Takeovers. They are their own thing. Give Raw and Smackdown brand events their own branding like that. I don't know what they'd call them, but it would look better than trying to come up with all of these PPV names to re-use.

They should re-brand PPVs similar to how they branded NXT Takeover events. They're not PPVs, they're not live event specials, they're Takeovers. They are their own thing. Give Raw and Smackdown brand events their own branding like that. I don't know what they'd call them, but it would look better than trying to come up with all of these PPV names to re-use.

Bring back the In Your House brand

Toki767

Well Takeover did start with using random names. It wasn't really until last year where they started just having it be Takeover: City

Top Bottom