• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

giphy.gif

And then Triple H wins the title a month later. Maybe I'm misremembering just how quickly Orton cooled off, but I still to this day am baffled Triple H could have politiced his way to killing the push of the chosen one.

They should re-brand PPVs similar to how they branded NXT Takeover events. They're not PPVs, they're not live event specials, they're Takeovers. They are their own thing. Give Raw and Smackdown brand events their own branding like that. I don't know what they'd call them, but it would look better than trying to come up with all of these PPV names to re-use.
I would rather WWE would go back and take more old PPV names. I'm glad they're starting to dip into it with Bad Blood, No Mercy and Backlash being a thing again.

I'd drop PPV''s with names ike Payback, Fastlane and Battleground which are super generic names.

giphy.gif

And then Triple H wins the title a month later. Maybe I'm misremembering just how quickly Orton cooled off, but I still to this day am baffled Triple H could have politiced his way to killing the push of the chosen one.

From the moment the relationship with Steph started he was untouchable

All he ever had to do to get a big moment or victory over the real star was say "they'll get the real, feud-ending moment/win later". Through various means, later obviously never came

Remember when Goldberg's first WWE run, and his first title reign was derailed when he and Evolution handcuffed him in the EC and beat him with a hammer. Comeuppance conveniently didn't come and Goldberg was out of the company by Mania's end

Heh Brian Zane is a decent old school manager.

His gimmick is he carries a spray bottle. It started because he was managing a team that didn't always get along so they'd get into fights during matches and he'd use his spray bottle to spray them with water like you would cats who are misbehaving... It suck and became his gimmick item ala Cornette's tennis racquet.

https://youtu.be/w7P-_p56dyk

In this lol he has a second bottle with "Muta Mist imported from Japan in it. Fucking brilliant.

Not a bad talker for an indie manager either.

Oersted

Probably already posted, but apparently

“Braun is the nicest person in the world, people don’t know that. And he has this voice, this country voice. If he sings country music you’ll fall in love with him. He can sing a country song like no other. He has this amazing voice and at one point he was my Rosebud general because he used to control the others. I still remember at Raw this one time and Braun was yelling ‘Everyone listen up. This is about Mr. Rose, this is not about you!’ and I was like ‘Braun, calm down there’s no need to be so hard about the whole thing.’ That’s the one Rosebud people remember. They’ll never let him live it down. I still remember being in Gorilla Position and Vince McMahon seeing him in his Rosebud costume and looking at Hunter like ‘What are you doing to us?'”

#VinceWasRight

Top Bottom