• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Pikma

Banned
To be fair, I would argue that all of Nakamura's fans from NJPW and NXT feel the exact same way about how he's being utilized on Smackdown thus far.
I can't wait until his contract lapses and he goes back to New Japan.
Lmao you think he'll give up on the only reason he came for (ie $$$$$$, lots of it) and put up with the wrestling style he has highly criticized as of late. But don't worry, I bet the thought of coming back to job to Okada will make up for all of that and convince him.

giphy.gif
lol

Hex

Banned
Ok Kenny Omega & Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson VS Rio Rush & Ryan Smile & Shane Strickland from Rev Pro was fantastic.
I really hope NJPW puts up the War of the Worlds NY matches, because putting up the Rev Pro stuff was great

Is it just me or is it weird that they're trying to push Jinder as heel by depending on their audience being racist fucks and on the same show they're trying to push Nak as a mega face by having him cut partially Japanese promos with his mouthguard in front of the same crowd?

Adree

I always find it weird that they try to push a "foreigner" star but always make them a heel. I guess Bret started it by being a face in Canada and a heel in the U.S.

Pikma

Banned
Can't sleep so decided to watch some of these awful 2012 NXT episodes and, well, even though he was obviously not as bulky Jinder was already in incredibly good shape, cheater/roids my ass

There's a lot of WWE signing who's absence is immediately felt on the indies - Hero, for instance. Then there's signees who's absence doesn't make a lick of difference. Like, has anyone actually missed seeing Tony Nese? Dude's the definition of bang average.

Pikma

Banned
There's a lot of WWE signing who's absence is immediately felt on the indies - Hero, for instance. Then there's signees who's absence doesn't make a lick of difference. Like, has anyone actually missed seeing Tony Nese? Dude's the definition of bang average.
I do, but that's because I'm probably the only Tony Nese fan out there and he's doing jackshit right now

I think the issue with Jinder is that the Miz/Bryan dynamic made for compelling viewing and legitimised Miz as a main event heel. Now Miz is back to being an afterthought on RAW whilst Smackdown's main event has become cheer for the worlds most apathetic white American and boo this passionate brown man. Which apparently is how you get over with an international audience.

It's like they had a really obvious build where Miz could take advantage of Bryan's absence and get himself the title, then Bryan could return with a debuting Nak to illustrate exactly what he thought wrestling should be. Nak would have got over huge with the Bryan association and his style, instead he's in a feud with Ziggler.

Pikma

Banned
I think the issue with Jinder is that the Miz/Bryan dynamic made for compelling viewing and legitimised Miz as a main event heel. Now Miz is back to being an afterthought on RAW whilst Smackdown's main event has become cheer for the worlds most apathetic white American and boo this passionate brown man. Which apparently is how you get over with an international audience.

It's like they had a really obvious build where Miz could take advantage of Bryan's absence and get himself the title, then Bryan could return with a debuting Nak to illustrate exactly what he thought wrestling should be. Nak would have got over huge with the Bryan association and his style, instead he's in a feud with Ziggler.
That would've made sense, Vince doesn't like that

Hasney

If JBL is going to be a mainstay on Talking Smack, I feel like with the drama about JBL right now they may try and do something similar with Jinder on JBL and make JBL seem like he's STANDING UP FOR AMERICA! USA! USA! USA!

tenor.gif

Syder

Nakamura speaking Japanese and then finishing it with 'jackass' was actually not a bad save...

Too bad my face had already fallen into a blackhole of cringe from Ziggler's part of the segment.

Pikma

Banned
HHH is now pretending it was him who saved both Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre 's career:

"(When they left), I had a conversation where I told them, ‘We’re not going to be able to do more with you here. Go other places, learn more in your career, mature and think about the business in a different way.’ Sometimes you get reliant on other people telling you what to do instead of going out there and figuring it for yourself, which is what you have to do.

Lmao😂😂😂😂😂😂

orioto

Good Art™
So in SDL Owens bailed out of the ring when Sami interfered. I can tell you he wasn't doing that in RAW.

The chickening has reached a new level. And i think the suit is clearly meant to make him look even less like a wrestler. And no match except for a 15 seconds fight against an unknown jobber.

The way they don't portray him as a skilled wrestler AT ALL since his SDL debut is worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if the idea here is to have a version of him that is the cheapest possible to avoid any type of pop.

I'm really worried for that AJ/Owens. As for the Jericho/Owens well.. It's a dead match, i don't know what to think about it.

Aiii

So not worth it
I lasted 3 weeks, I really tried to get into Smackdown, but it's just not as good as people say it is, I'm sorry guys.

Meandering storylines, mishandled talent, upjumping jobbers, week-after-week of promos for debuts for no good reason (I'm supposed to get excited for a stale act that's not even been off of TV for a month, why is this getting so much hype?), shitty crowds and to top it all off, bad commentary.

Also, Randy Orton is the champion, if there's one way to kill my interest in anything it's Randy Orton. Even Randy Orton doesn't give a shit about Randy Orton.

I'll stick to YouTube highlights if I can be bothered.

Top Bottom