• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Sephzilla

Friday is getting close!

A7EtD92.png

GWF 3: Sports-Entertainia
Date: Friday, April 28th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

yXI7kEF.png

Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear -- images of strange and powerful forces. But of all the forces in the universe, the two most powerful -- Zach Hogan! And the Ultimate Menome! -- prepare to explode!

Filth Champion versus Purity Champion. Nickname versus no nickname.

It's the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!! IT'S GWF THREEEEEEEE!!!

-----
Singles Match
FlammableD vs ShadowSwordmaster

FlammableD and ShadowSwordmaster kickoff the Sports Entertainiest event in Sports Entertainment with a high powered singles match! Who will gain footing and make a statement in the bigger GWF standings?!
-----
Singles Match
SomewhatGroovy vs Mahonay

Will Earthworm Jim be able to stop the young buck of GWF, Mahonay?
-----
GWF B+ Championship
Tall4Life vs Korly

After stumbling attempting to contend for the GWF World Championship, Tall4Life sets his aspirations and Super Bowl Punch towards the undefeated Korly and the GWF B+ Championship. Who's betta than Korly? Tall4Life hopes it's him.
-----
GWF B+ Championship #1 Contender Battle Royal
BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow vs Caderfix vs The Strokes vs BronsonLee vs RBH

Six men compete in an over the top rope Battle Royal to decide who will contend for the GWF B+ Championship at GWF4!
-----
Singles Match
Sephzilla vs imBask

The boss is back and looking to pick up his second win in GWF. The ultimate upper case B player, imBask, hopes to stop the law in its tracks.
-----
GWF Tag Team Championship
klonere & Heroman (The New Japan Express) vs Bronx-Man & Ithil (The Just Friends)

The New Japan Express is back on track and is hoping to claim the GWF Tag Titles. The Just Friends are looking to remain undefeated tag team champions in their first defense of their titles!
-----
Singles Match
Hasney vs DMczaf

After demanding a match at GWF3, they got it! Will WrassleGAF's #1 Shooter be able to stop BROKEN Hasney!?
-----
20 Minute "Loser Loses Slogan" Iron Man Match - Winner's tag team becomes GWF Tag #1 Contenders
Menome (w/ Browny) vs Zach (w/ Biggest-Geek-Ever)

A grudge match will huge implications. Menome is looking to reclaim his honor after being defeated by Zach at GWF2. This time the stakes are high as "Filth" and "BJ" are on the line!
-----
Extreme Rules Match
Syder vs Kornflayx

After the controversial finish at GWF1's Pre-Show, Syder and Kornflayx square off one more time to settle the score. This time there will be no controversy as the rule book has been thrown out the window for this match.
-----
GWF World Championship
FallingEdge vs Beefy

The match everyone has been waiting for! Beefy defends his GWF World Heavyweight Championship against #1 Contender FallingEdge! Who will walk out of the biggest event in GWF history as the champion of the world!?

Well I mean almost nobody got a reaction last night lol.

He got booed enough until he went with the Michael Jackson comparison - that was obviously a stretch. But I had to sift through two pages on here about how much everyone hates him.

edit: by a stretch, I just mean it was stupid.
That crowd was abysmal. You would've thought they were at a damn funeral. They should never return there if at all possible.

GunBR

The problem with Nakamura is that he had 0 character development on NXT. He just show up, had some good/great matches, made some cool moves and got a title.

On NXT this worked because it was a different crowd, he was over with them even before his debut (just look at everyone hyped before his match against Sami). They're trying to do the same thing on the main roster, but I don't know if this gonna work with the casuals

So..

But Smackdown is unwatchable because Nak got what'ed after speaking a language nobody in the building speaks in hicktown Iowa? and because Orton is champ so that he can help establish different heels as main eventers (Jinder, Rusev, eventually Corbin?)

I'm not saying it's unwatchable, just that it's definitely had a bit of a 180 since it's hot start.

Nak had this huge entrance and then nothing.....Then they did it again the following week and it didn't result in a match. Then another weird ass promo after he makes an exaggerated entrance. WWE is simply playing off his entrance and only his entrance and it's just lazy.

We once again got another AJ/Corbin/Zayn/Owens interaction when there is other talent on Smackdown they can use in this case. Have Corbin go up against If the match was just going to result in a jump in DQ then have Corbin face Mojo or Sin Cara, then do the jump in.

The tag division is hardly entertaining and hasn't been for some time

There is some potential for in the womans divison but i kind of wish this was happening for Suvivor Series instead of now.

Everyone has CAWs based on their avatars and then we do WWE 2k17 AI vs AI matches once a month.

Roster is currently full

Depending on how well the new Fire Pro is, I might consider jumping to that

It's actually this Friday

Awesome -- if a spot opens up, let me know :)

I bet smackdown will pick up around Backlash, they're just kinda coasting because they can't end any of the storylines till then.
And please don't start hating on nakamura because he's trapped with that garbage Ziggler.

Everyone has CAWs based on their avatars and then we do WWE 2k17 AI vs AI matches once a month.

Roster is currently full

Depending on how well the new Fire Pro is, I might consider jumping to that

It's actually this Friday
I deserve a spot on the roster for cleaning house in the street fighter v tournament and rolling you up Seph, give me my spotlight!

Anth0ny

Once again, WWE is falling into this trap of talking big about what this new wrestler has done ELSEWHERE... but not actually showing it.

99% of the audience has no idea what Nakamura's pedigree is outside of WWE. Probably like 60% of the audience hasn't watched his NXT run either.

I understand they want to drag this feud with Ziggler out until the next PPV, but Nak should really STRONG STYLE THE FUCK OUT OF A MOTHER FUCKER next week on Smackdown. Show off that in match charisma, the kinshasa and of course, the

corner2blow2bpressing4qowf.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's less about hating on Nakamura and more the realization of waht Nakamura would be on the main roster. Which is what I always said.

Nakamura was big on NXT because everyone already knew who he was. (IE The NXT building new stars problem), Nakamura was big in NJPW because they wanted him grow, they watched the formation of CHAOS, they watched him being a generic wrestling geek for years who could never top Tanahashi.

What does the main roster WWE fan see Nakamura as other than a guy speaking with a mouthguard and doing hand gestures that make him look like hes pretending to be Sasuke

kiguel182

Nah, racist shit never works.

bad guys being racist makes me hate them which I think is the point. My issue is when the minority is supposed to be the villain because he is a minority and then the audience goes with it.

That makes me hate the audience and everyone involved in the process.

imBask

Banned
I read the recap... so this is like Nakamura's 3rd week and they're already booking him to be in the ring, getting interviewed

Nakamura

the guy who barely speaks english

gets interviewed in the ring

AND he's wearing a mouthguard

This is the best they could come up with

Browny

Banned
Friday can't come soon enough.

3 day weekend (work sucks ass atm)
Pay day
GWF

This month has been crazy busy, so I'm looking forward to catching up on some NJPW at some point...

I'm not saying it's unwatchable, just that it's definitely had a bit of a 180 since it's hot start.

Nak had this huge entrance and then nothing.....Then they did it again the following week and it didn't result in a match. Then another weird ass promo after he makes an exaggerated entrance. WWE is simply playing off his entrance and only his entrance and it's just lazy.

We once again got another AJ/Corbin/Zayn/Owens interaction when there is other talent on Smackdown they can use in this case. Have Corbin go up against If the match was just going to result in a jump in DQ then have Corbin face Mojo or Sin Cara, then do the jump in.

The tag division is hardly entertaining and hasn't been for some time

There is some potential for in the womans divison but i kind of wish this was happening for Suvivor Series instead of now.

Yeah, I mean they're definitely relying on his entrance to introduce him to the casuals. Might be lazy, but Des Moines Iowa was singing his song last night. If that crowd is doing it, that means just about anywhere will do it. They've got what they want now and can move forward.

Would I have liked to see him wrestle last night? Yes and no. Yes because obviously I enjoy his work. No because I think everyone in the world knows that Nak will be going over Ziggler whenever they have their match. No issues there. But it should feel important, which is what the booking seems to be trying to do. Putting it on the main event of a Smackdown or a PPV is much smarter booking than rushing to have the match, say, last night.

Nak is absolutely going to be fine and is a future WWE Champion, no doubt in my mind.

Yeah, I mean they're definitely relying on his entrance to introduce him to the casuals. Might be lazy, but Des Moines Iowa was singing his song last night. If that crowd is doing it, that means just about anywhere will do it. They've got what they want now and can move forward.

Would I have liked to see him wrestle last night? Yes and no. Yes because obviously I enjoy his work. No because I think everyone in the world knows that Nak will be going over Ziggler whenever they have their match. No issues there. But it should feel important, which is what the booking seems to be trying to do. Putting it on the main event of a Smackdown or a PPV is much smarter booking than rushing to have the match, say, last night.

Nak is absolutely going to be fine and is a future WWE Champion, no doubt in my mind.

By lazy I mean they're not even trying to help get him more over. It's just OMG HIS COOL ENTRANCE and yeah it's going to work because fans are going to copy what NXT has been doing, and he'll sell shirts but it's still lazy.

He should absolutely be wrestling and doing some squash matches. He doesn't have to face Ziggler every week, but there is no reason he can't be hitting jobbers.

Ziggler is an heel. An heel being racist makes sense. Nakamura will kick his racist face in.

A heel saying people aren't tolerant (they aren't) screams tone deaf. He spoke in a different language to get booed. Meaning the good guys are the racists booing him.

Racists should be the bad guys not the good guys.

The issue is that when you have a thinly veiled racist heel team you have people like Sanjuro claim that they're the faces and have a point which causes them to turn the team.

By lazy I mean they're not even trying to help get him more over. It's just OMG HIS COOL ENTRANCE and yeah it's going to work because fans are going to copy what NXT has been doing, and he'll sell shirts but it's still lazy.

He should absolutely be wrestling and doing some squash matches. He doesn't have to face Ziggler every week, but there is no reason he can't be hitting jobbers.

Agree to disagree. Look at the SD Live roster and tell me who is currently not booked that you'd like to see do the job. Off the top of my head, I could think of:
Dillinger
Mojo
Sin Cara
Aiden English
Luke Harper

I don't want to see any of those guys job except Sin Cara. But what would that even do?

He doesn't need to squash those guys or local talent when 50% of the arena knows he has beaten the likes of Sami, Joe, and even Finn on NXT programming. He's somewhat established already. Save his debut match for something big.

Slizz

Just watched the first 8 minutes of SD. That Nakamura match was sick..... So I guess next week he'll actually have a match?

Sephzilla

I believe he's safe at ESPN....for now.

It's really weird that Coach is off doing a "new project" while the WWE bully story got around.

If Ed Werder got fired and Hannah Storm is getting a reduced role in the company I'd have to imagine Coach is probably on the chopping block since Coach hosts the Sportscenter equivalent of Sunday Night Heat

Agree to disagree. Look at the SD Live roster and tell me who is currently not booked that you'd like to see do the job. Off the top of my head, I could think of:
Dillinger
Mojo
Sin Cara
Aiden English
Luke Harper

I don't want to see any of those guys job except Sin Cara. But what would that even do?

He doesn't need to squash those guys or local talent when 50% of the arena knows he has beaten the likes of Sami, Joe, and even Finn on NXT programming. He's somewhat established already. Save his debut match for something big.
I'd like to see Mojo jobbed out.

I was just reminded that Tye wasn't on the show last night.

Yep, they really should've kept Miz on SD. He would've made Nak look better than Dolph, then he could've feuded with Tye later.

Heroman

Banned
It funny that last night I rewatched Nakamura vs Tanahashi at G1 25 final and his segment on Smackdown. One made him seem like one of the greatest wreslter of all time the other made him seem like just a guy

Dillinger
Mojo
Sin Cara
Aiden English
Luke Harper

There is no reason none of those guys could have been put in a match against him. WWE and WCW used to pair up non-jobbers all the time and it didn't mean the guy was going to be a loser forever. The entire cruiserweight division of WCW was built around this.

Top Bottom