• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Kaladin

Some people still don't want to admit they get too much into NXT and have no frame of reference how this character will come across to a broader audience.

Bayley is just one of those characters that made sense to me. It would have been a perfect example of someone rising through the ranks, but they just handed her the title in a short span. Now she has nothing.

I think they need a better sense of who should stay in NXT vs who should go up. There are wrestlers who could stay in NXT forever (Nakamura, Asuka, Bayley) and thrive there, and then there are stars like KO who should move to the main roster and get big.

Mahonay

Banned
Tyler Breeze was basically the perfect midcard heel champion type and they couldn't even do that right
Breezango is one of the better comedy tag teams they've had.

But yes they fucked up Breeze really badly when they brought him up initially. Buried him hard.

Breezango is one of the better comedy tag teams they've had.

But yes they fucked up Breeze really badly when they brought him up initially. Buried him hard.
I love how Breezango was like a weird accident team, secondary characters in that great R-Truth/Goldust storyline. They ended up being amazing, turned it into something way better with the Fashion Police gimmick, and then disappeared from TV to do funny videos for their website

Better give Mojo and The Ascension TV time though, that's good stuff

Sanjuro

My only reference point for Nakamura was him and Ziggler. Does he have the ability to work the mic, or is it mostly an animated performance?

Mahonay

Banned
The moment she stopped pandering to these losers, she became OK. The music still sucks though.
I mean I hate her entrance song so it kind works in her favor as a true heel. It's real awful. I do think it's hilarious how much Ellsworth plays it up.

It should probably be changed.

Kaladin

My only reference point for Nakamura was him and Ziggler. Does he have the ability to work the mic, or is it mostly an animated performance?

He can, his English is getting better. I think for a sense of his promo ability, watch the NXT farewell speech he gave recently.

Mahonay

Banned
I love how Breezango was like a weird accident team, secondary characters in that great R-Truth/Goldust storyline. They ended up being amazing, turned it into something way better with the Fashion Police gimmick, and then disappeared from TV to do funny videos for their website

They've really been fucking up Smackdown lately despite the decent roster they've been afforded. Something has changed over the past month.

I mean I hate her entrance song so it kind works in her favor as a true heel. It's real awful. I do think it's hilarious how much Ellsworth plays it up.

It should probably be changed.
I need more emphasis on her and James. Hopefully after this Charlotte garbage, they put the spotlight on their relationship again.

New Wench Order is a stable I can get behind.

Becky next week

We're speaking about best, not overrated.

Best transition.. Bliss went from a nobody in NXT to a 2x women's champion and was just marketed as the biggest acquisition by Raw...

Pretty good for someone no one really thought anything of in NXT

She's arguably one of the only ones to be doing better on the main roster than NXT

Cosmozone

The wrestlers are not the problem when it comes to main roster transitions. Vince and his shit writers are. Sounds bold but I bet anybody half decent could work on the main roster when used correctly.

Ascension have gotten less time than Breezango and Breezeango are now getting a push as a face team and are getting a one on one tag title match at Backlash....

Weird time to be making this argument.

Mahonay

Banned
The wrestlers are not the problem when it comes to main roster transitions. Vince and his shit writers are. Sounds bold but I bet anybody half decent could work on the main roster when used correctly.
Look at Smackdown in the past year. They got a lot of average talent over. When a decent writer is allowed to just do his thing with out Vince sticking his dick in it, good things can happen.

That privilege Smackdown had before appears to have been revoked at the moment.

Kaladin

I don't even think it's the writers 100%. I think it's mostly the way it is set up. NXT is bigger than any developmental brand (they can call it it's own thing all they want, it's still developmental) has a need to be. When a wrestler gets huge on NXT like Bayley or Nakamura did in their run, that pop and popularity is not going to translate to the main roster as they hope. They don't have the same people watching Raw, Smackdown and NXT every week. I'd imagine the # of people watching NXT compared to Raw is a mere fraction. NXT should be it's own thing, with call ups more rare and make it clear that people are in NXT for the long haul more often than not.

Sanjuro

Fans and short attention spans are part of the problem too. I'm not sure they can even do a mid-card justice if they tried.

Heroman

Banned
Look at Smackdown in the past year. They got a lot of average talent over. When a decent writer is allowed to just do his thing with out Vince sticking his dick in it, good things can happen.

That privilege Smackdown had before appears to have been revoked at the moment.
But Vince totally did Stick "his dick in" early smackdown.

Kaladin

Imagine this as a re-branded NXT top and mid-card singles division:

Bobby Roode
Shinsuke Nakamura
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Sami Zayn
Tyler Breeze
Drew McIntyre
Austin Aries

That would be an amazing show with plenty of possibilities for title matches down the line.

Top Bottom