• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Every Raw and every Smackdown is the worst Raw or Smackdown in the history of Raw or Smackdown...

Like I'm not saying don't criticize, god knows despite my reputation I do a lot, but man if everything is just the worst to you again why watch... Like yesterday people were acting like Smackdown was so odious down to bitching about a roll up finish with AJ/Corbin... Like come on... if even that pisses you off... why keep watching. Like the Jinder thing should have been the perfect time for some folks to just leave, it clearly pissed people off but here they are watching the every next week.

I know I sound like a broken clock here but Jesus I just don't get the need to hate watch week in and week out.

Imagine this as a re-branded NXT top and mid-card singles division:

Bobby Roode
Shinsuke Nakamura
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Sami Zayn
Tyler Breeze
Drew McIntyre
Austin Aries

That would be an amazing show with plenty of possibilities for title matches down the line.

Except people in this thread and Wreddit think you can have a guy like Joe losing to Aries because it shows him as being buried.

Heroman

Banned
Three big problems with wwe :
1. Wins and losses don't matter
2. Belts don't mean anything
3. the infinite chasm known as the WWE mid card
4 minor but . WWE stlye matches

Zach

Every Raw and every Smackdown is the worst Raw or Smackdown in the history of Raw or Smackdown...

Like I'm not saying don't criticize, god knows despite my reputation I do a lot, but man if everything is just the worst to you again why watch... Like yesterday people were acting like Smackdown was so odious down to bitching about a roll up finish with AJ/Corbin... Like come on... if even that pisses you off... why keep watching. Like the Jinder thing should have been the perfect time for some folks to just leave, it clearly pissed people off but here they are watching the every next week.

I know I sound like a broken clock here but Jesus I just don't get the need to hate watch week in and week out.

I see.

Cosmozone

But Vince totally did Stick "his dick in" early smackdown.
It's probably a mix. E.g. putting Ellsworth on Smackdown for doing comedy stuff was probably Vince's idea. And it was up to creative to devise something that works. And it worked, astonishingly. Ellsworth being great at the mic probably helped as well. Some other decisions, like badly planned push/depush decisions are harder to handle.

Ellsworth is smart as shit because I figured his run would've been over with by now, Delaney style

But he kept his head down and now he'll be on TV every week

Tagyhag

So what you're saying...Is that they should bring back Schiavone for commentary.

Nah I agree with you, it has to do with everyone here wanting a good product, because when wrestling is good, it's damn good. But if you don't give anything a single chance, how are you ever going to get a good product out of it?

Sanjuro

Neville is flat out one of the best workers in pro wrestling right now.

I agree. He had been deathly boring and now thrown in a division nobody seems to care about. The most interested people seemed to be was when he was "supposed" lose against the Aries guy.

somedevil

Yep, cause I'm listening to John and Wai enjoy Smackdown as well as other reviews enjoying the show. Total difference than this thread last night.

Definitely think people should take a vacation from week. It will be good for your health. Some people are too deep in the bubble

Comeback to it around SummerSlam and see if it's for you.

So what you're saying...Is that they should bring back Schiavone for commentary.

Nah I agree with you, it has to do with everyone here wanting a good product, because when wrestling is good, it's damn good. But if you don't give anything a single chance, how are you ever going to get a good product out of it?

You know Tony would probably be better than Cole lol...

The US title picture is a good example... they are pushing some of the best names they got in it, they are building to Owens/AJ which is 99% guaranteed to be amazing and it's still not good enough.

They bitched when Owens was a jokey heel, now they bitch when he's a serious heel.

Just put on Progress Orlando and the fan reception is way better than I thought.

Also this:
zackythreebelts.0.png

Yep, cause I'm listening to John and Wai enjoy Smackdown as well as other reviews enjoying the show. Total difference than this thread last night.

Smackdown was a pretty solid show outside of Ziggler's absolutely bizarre Micheal Jackson promo.

They actualy made me unironically interested in the Jiner/Orton feud.

John and Wai and to a lesser extent Bleacher Report are the best imo in terms of rational analysis...

Heroman

Banned
It's probably a mix. E.g. putting Ellsworth on Smackdown for doing comedy stuff was probably Vince's idea. And it was up to creative to devise something that works. And it worked, astonishingly. Ellsworth being great at the mic probably helped as well. Some other decisions, like badly planned push/depush decisions are harder to handle.
Everything is Vince idea from Ellsworth push to AJ push.

I'm really glad ZSJ didn't sign with WWE his wrestling style would even without booking problems die in a WWE crowd IMO...

I love his style but yeah...

Smackdown was a pretty solid show outside of Ziggler's absolutely bizarre Micheal Jackson promo.

They actualy made me unironically interested in the Jiner/Orton feud.

John and Wai and to a lesser extent Bleacher Report are the best imo in terms of rational analysis...

The Jinder stuff was really funny and good last night. The white limo and stealing was perfect rich shit heel work, and very classic WWE backstage stuff.

Is John and Wai a podcast? How does one check out their stuff?

Zach

I think wrestling -- specifically WWE -- is a corrupting force that should be kept at arm's length, lest you become a Bluekaveli.

Ascension have gotten less time than Breezango and Breezeango are now getting a push as a face team and are getting a one on one tag title match at Backlash....

Weird time to be making this argument.
They haven't done shit until last night

They came up with the Fashion Police gimmick and were never on TV for the longest time. Completely absent during the Wyatts/American Alpha business, tag division in general hasn't done much since then

I hope it'll change but months of programming doesn't go away with one show lol

Mahonay

Banned
The Jinder stuff was really funny and good last night. The white limo and stealing was perfect rich shit heel work, and very classic WWE backstage stuff.

They are a part of the LAW (Live Audio Wrestling) network of podcasts. Their episodes are Review-a-RAW, Review-a-Smackdown, and Review-a-Wai.

Oh boy let me introduce you to the best wrestling podcast network...

http://fightnetwork.com/news/live-audio-wrestling/

John and Wai shows are: Review-a-Raw, Review-a-Smackdown and Review-A-Wai

Review-a-Wai is a review show of random old stuff and they are amazing...

This is the archive: http://www.reviewawai4.life/

WhtsNXT is a weekly NXT review done by usually 2 of: Jason Agnew, Braden Herrington and Bartender Dave, it's a an acquired taste and is generally more negative especially Braden....

Then they have Keep it 200 where Nate Milton and Brian Mann review WCW 2000 Nitros week by week and it's amazing.

Anth0ny

you know michael cole is producing on commentary whenever the play by play commentator says "IT'S ALL ABOUT HASHTAG ______ " like a fucking nerd

Or in terms that they agree with me.

Not always...

They've liked shit I hated, they've hated shit I liked, Wai is usually by far more positive than I am even...

But they don't watch every show with the immediate assumption that it's always going to suck and just frame everything around that...

I also think Lance Storm offers amazing analysis and he hated Festival of Friendship....

For that matter Melz is pretty good sometimes while Alvarez is too bitter...

And that's the key the guys I listed aren't bitter and pissed off.

They haven't done shit until last night

They came up with the Fashion Police gimmick and were never on TV for the longest time. Completely absent during the Wyatts/American Alpha business, tag division in general hasn't done much since then

I hope it'll change but months of programming doesn't go away with one show lol

I know but it was weird timing to claim they are in worse place than the Ascension

Not always...

They've liked shit I hated, they've hated shit I liked, Wai is usually by far more positive than I am even...

But they don't watch every show with the immediate assumption that it's always going to suck and just frame everything around that...

I also think Lance Storm offers amazing analysis and he hated Festival of Friendship....

For that matter Melz is pretty good sometimes while Alvarez is too bitter...

And that's the key the guys I listed aren't bitter and pissed off.

Filthy Tom is the best

Sanjuro

Lmao are you implying Neville is bad? 😂

Prior to him getting hurt? He was reaching a painfully boring status. He always has been great in the ring.

Right now it's beneficial because he can bully the rest of the talent, ultimately he needs to become unsegregated from the Crusierweights.

Pikma

Banned
Prior to him getting hurt? He was reaching a painfully boring status. He always has been great in the ring.

Right now it's beneficial because he can bully the rest of the talent, ultimately he needs to become unsegregated from the Crusierweights.
Prior to his injury he was barely on tv, what the hell are you talking about lol unless you watch main event and found him to be painfully boring there

Top Bottom