• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Caderfix

I have yet to even watch 205 live, I'm I part of the problem?

No, the problem is the WWE. When they actually work so the cruiserweights gain traction on the main show, more people will be willing to give it a chance.
I'm saying this because I never watched it either and I don't want admit I'm part of the problem

Rimfya

Banned
I gave on up them 100%. I used to watch the ups and downs for RAW, as I don't usually watch the show, but even that became unbearable. Bad videos, bad jokes and in one specific case, bad personality (Jack the jobber is simply terrible).

I've also pretty much stopped watching entirely, but mainly because of how drawn out they are. None of them should really be more than 2 minutes.

ReiGun

I enjoy WhatCulture's video lists because I've learned a lot of fun facts about the history of WWE and different storylines from them. But the rest of their content is just not great.

Beefy

AD-HOk.gif

WWE need a new monster stable.

Sephzilla

YouTube channels​ that only talks about WWE are really boring.

As someone who only watches WWE, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. I don't have time to watch multiple promotions so it would be nice to find some channels that cover more than WWE.

Jamie OD

WWE need a new monster stable.

They need a new DX/nWo. After seeing how successful Bullet Club is at filling that gap I'm stunned WWE never had a proper go at grabbing that crowd back with The Club or a proper Balor Club stable. They're missing the boat with this.

Sephzilla

They need a new DX/nWo. After seeing how successful Bullet Club is at filling that gap I'm stunned WWE never had a proper go at grabbing that crowd back with The Club or a proper Balor Club stable. They're missing the boat with this.

Vince generally hates stables, though. I'm pretty sure the only reason the Attitude Era had a bunch of stables is because Vince was forced to do them because the nWo was huge and that's what fans wanted at the time.

I liked WhatCulture when it was mainly the top 10's and the occasional How WWE Should Book video but the point when the Adam vs Adam feud started taking control of the channel had me lose primary interest.

Caderfix

I want Owens, Corbin and Rusev to take over SD, prompting AJ, Sami and Shelton to eventually become buddies and fight back.

Or scrap all of that and just introduce Shelton as part of the SD roster. WHERE'S SHELTON?

Sephzilla

I'm generally convinced that Vince hates anything that is a staple of traditional professional wrestling, like managers, stables, or the general notion that what's presented is supposed to be a legitimate sport from a suspension of disbelief standpoint.

Beefy

too bad the Wyatts were basically jobbers to the stars

But the maggots and other shit! Yeah WWE fucked it up.

As someone who only watches WWE, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. I don't have time to watch multiple promotions so it would be nice to find some channels that cover more than WWE.

They cover a lil of the other promotions. But it's with Jack and I can't be arsed to listen to him.

They need both! But I can see them go with a Shield tease then leave it there.

If only they booked the Wyatts well

Yep they fucked them up bad.

Are they though? The reason Bullet Club worked so well in NJPW is because they were pretty much the NWO of NJPW.

If you want to point to great stable than look at LIJ. That is a stable done right and extremely over with the crowd.

Sephzilla

Brady is the greatest of all time, you marks.

as much as i hate the Patriots I think this is probably true at this point. Aaron Rodgers could potentially give Brady a run for his money if the Packers werent content being a jobber to the stars come playoff time

But the maggots and other shit! Yeah WWE fucked it up.

They cover a lil of the other promotions. But it's with Jack and I can't be arsed to listen to him.

They need both! But I can see them go with a Shield tease then leave it there.

Yep they fucked them up bad.
I'll tell you this, when they started to fuck over Jr in the late 2000s, you'll notice a lot of booking went to the shits.

I bet a majority of people that watch 205 live right now only watch it because it's between SmackDown and Talking Smack.

I would be much less likely to watch 205 if it was after Talking Smack to be honest.

I like the matches and talent involved but the stories and feuds are fucking terrible. The thing with Alicia Fox is unwatchable for me and the feud between Kendrick and Tozawa is going on for so long and has so little heat it could end up damaging Tozawa. It doesnt help it feels like a B show the company doesnt care about either. It could be so much fucking better.

Tall4Life

One thing I can not get over with for 205 live is that that show is basically the talent's ceiling and it sucks. I could see someone like Cedric or Gran Metallik being huge fighting for the midcard belts or even challenging for the main titles, or even joining the tag division and putting in a faster paced team. But no, the best they'll ever do for now is just win the Cruiserweight title, which is so utterly worthless. I nearly forgot who the champion was as I was typing this.

Sephzilla

One thing I can not get over with for 205 live is that that show is basically the talent's ceiling and it sucks. I could see someone like Cedric or Gran Metallik being huge fighting for the midcard belts or even challenging for the main titles, or even joining the tag division and putting in a faster paced team. But no, the best they'll ever do for now is just win the Cruiserweight title, which is so utterly worthless. I nearly forgot who the champion was as I was typing this.

WWE: "Boy, WCW sure was stupid putting a glass ceiling on cruiserweights like Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit Dean Malenko!"

*WWE then shoves cruiserweights onto their own show where they never have to interact with the main roster*

Top Bottom