• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Sephzilla

Just under two weeks away!

A7EtD92.png

GWF 3: Sports-Entertainia
Date: Friday, April 28th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

yXI7kEF.png

Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear -- images of strange and powerful forces. But of all the forces in the universe, the two most powerful -- Zach Hogan! And the Ultimate Menome! -- prepare to explode!

Filth Champion versus Purity Champion. Nickname versus no nickname.

It's the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!! IT'S GWF THREEEEEEEE!!!

-----
Singles Match
FlammableD vs ShadowSwordmaster

FlammableD and ShadowSwordmaster kickoff the Sports Entertainiest event in Sports Entertainment with a high powered singles match! Who will gain footing and make a statement in the bigger GWF standings?!
-----
Singles Match
SomewhatGroovy vs Mahonay

Will Earthworm Jim be able to stop the young buck of GWF, Mahonay?
-----
GWF B+ Championship
Tall4Life vs Korly

After stumbling attempting to contend for the GWF World Championship, Tall4Life sets his aspirations and Super Bowl Punch towards the undefeated Korly and the GWF B+ Championship. Who's betta than Korly? Tall4Life hopes it's him.
-----
GWF B+ Championship #1 Contender Battle Royal
BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow vs Caderfix vs The Strokes vs BronsonLee vs RBH

Six men compete in an over the top rope Battle Royal to decide who will contend for the GWF B+ Championship at GWF4!
-----
Singles Match
Sephzilla vs imBask

The boss is back and looking to pick up his second win in GWF. The ultimate upper case B player, imBask, hopes to stop the law in its tracks.
-----
GWF Tag Team Championship
klonere & Heroman (The New Japan Express) vs Bronx-Man & Ithil (The Just Friends)

The New Japan Express is back on track and is hoping to claim the GWF Tag Titles. The Just Friends are looking to remain undefeated tag team champions in their first defense of their titles!
-----
Singles Match
Hasney vs DMczaf

After demanding a match at GWF3, they got it! Will WrassleGAF's #1 Shooter be able to stop BROKEN Hasney!?
-----
20 Minute "Loser Loses Slogan" Iron Man Match - Winner's tag team becomes GWF Tag #1 Contenders
Menome (w/ Browny) vs Zach (w/ Biggest-Geek-Ever)

A grudge match will huge implications. Menome is looking to reclaim his honor after being defeated by Zach at GWF2. This time the stakes are high as "Filth" and "BJ" are on the line!
-----
Extreme Rules Match
Syder vs Kornflayx

After the controversial finish at GWF1's Pre-Show, Syder and Kornflayx square off one more time to settle the score. This time there will be no controversy as the rule book has been thrown out the window for this match.
-----
GWF World Championship
FallingEdge vs Beefy

The match everyone has been waiting for! Beefy defends his GWF World Heavyweight Championship against #1 Contender FallingEdge! Who will walk out of the biggest event in GWF history as the champion of the world!?

Kaladin

What did I miss over the weekend?

I finally got around to seeing the latest NXT. Drew McIntyre looks 100% improved over his last WWE run. I didn't see much of him in TNA or Evolve or other indies so this is my first chance seeing him lately. Also, Black's knock out win was kind of awesome. The new theme could grow on me. It wasn't great just hearing it, but hearing how they use it, it's not terrible. NXT feels like it's rebuilding a lot of it's divisions, even more so than before. I see nothing but space and opportunity though, so I'm curious to see who steps up.

Sephzilla

Shoot: This holiday weekend reinforced my belief that modern day Republican voters are the most willingly ignorant people in the US

Caderfix

What Booker do?

Booker T?

Booker T:

”I think [bullying] pretty much goes away when you're a grown man and you're able to take up for yourself and throw hands, or go and talk to someone."

”Say ‘hey, I don't feel like I'm being treated right with this commentator, maybe you need to move me somewhere else otherwise there could be problems.' [...] But I don't think the ”bullying" rule should fall under grown men having an issue with each other."

Basically, Mauro wasn't bullied he just couldn't handle it like a man, according to him.

Beefy

Booker T:

“I think [bullying] pretty much goes away when you’re a grown man and you’re able to take up for yourself and throw hands, or go and talk to someone.”

“Say ‘hey, I don’t feel like I’m being treated right with this commentator, maybe you need to move me somewhere else otherwise there could be problems.’ […] But I don’t think the “bullying” rule should fall under grown men having an issue with each other.”

Basically, Mauro wasn't bullied he just couldn't handle it like a man, according to him.

The whole grown men should be able to handle bullying bullshit. Fuck that and fuck Booker T the cunt.

Kaladin

I have a feeling most of the old guard of the WWE who were around in the 90's and 00's would have the same opinion on this as Lawler, Cornette, Booker T and others have. It's the environment they worked in.

I'm not saying it's not wrong to have that opinion, it's bullshit that should be gone in 2017, I'm just saying you'll probably hear similar remarks from most from that time period.

rrc1594

Booker T:

”I think [bullying] pretty much goes away when you're a grown man and you're able to take up for yourself and throw hands, or go and talk to someone."

”Say ‘hey, I don't feel like I'm being treated right with this commentator, maybe you need to move me somewhere else otherwise there could be problems.' [...] But I don't think the ”bullying" rule should fall under grown men having an issue with each other."

Very insensitive for him to say, not understanding that you shouldn't have to "man up" to harassment.

I have a feeling most of the old guard of the WWE who were around in the 90's and 00's would have the same opinion on this as Lawler, Cornette, Booker T and others have. It's the environment they worked in.

I'm not saying it's not wrong to have that opinion, it's bullshit that should be gone in 2017, I'm just saying you'll probably hear similar remarks from most from that time period.

I would go as far to say a lot of men around their age would feel that way. I remember I was being picked on in middle school, and my uncle told me to man up and stand up for myself.

ReiGun

One thing I can not get over with for 205 live is that that show is basically the talent's ceiling and it sucks. I could see someone like Cedric or Gran Metallik being huge fighting for the midcard belts or even challenging for the main titles, or even joining the tag division and putting in a faster paced team. But no, the best they'll ever do for now is just win the Cruiserweight title, which is so utterly worthless. I nearly forgot who the champion was as I was typing this.
Agreed. There's really no reason for the cruiserweights to be locked into their own division. It gives them a ceiling for no reason (we're all very happy for Kalisto finally being in the division, but chances are he'd be better off in the tag division with the Lucha Dragons), and it doesn't even make sense considering the main roster has cruisers like Finn and Enzo who apparently aren't bound by the weight requirement.

I had hoped the shakeup would involve someone like Gallagher, Cedric, or Swann getting sent to Smackdown so they could escape and have a chance to really do something. Alas, they're stuck in this do nothing division.

Kaladin

205 Live is the future of WWE. They will stick stars like that on their own shows and you'll never see them fight for the main belts. It's going to be the same with the UK show, and the same with any women's wrestling show that comes out of the Women's tournament.

205 Live is the future of WWE. They will stick stars like that on their own shows and you'll never see them fight for the main belts. It's going to be the same with the UK show, and the same with any women's wrestling show that comes out of the Women's tournament.
Proving a comment I made earlier in the year right: you've seen WWE's audience peak and it'll never be that high again

Kaladin

Proving a comment I made earlier in the year right: you've seen WWE's audience peak and it'll never be that high again

I'd agree with you. They probably won't see another major spike for their main show. They're going to have so many niche shows that give people what they want out of wrestling they won't need to watch Raw or Smackdown.

Zach

Shoot: This holiday weekend reinforced my belief that modern day Republican voters are the most willingly ignorant people in the US

It's insane that they've (d)evolved into believing what they believe no matter what, and refuse to think critically about their "team". It must be delightful for Republican politicians.

Take that, closeted Republican Menome!

Caderfix

But, if you add the ratings of all 4 WWE wrestling shows, the ratings are better than ever! Also, wins and loses don't matter and it's good that the crowds are booing the babyfaces, as that means the characters are over.

jmdajr

Who bullies Booker T? I know he put Bautista in his place.

I feel like so called Alpha males just can't relate to the little guy being beat down.

I feel like so called Alpha males just can't relate to the little guy being beat down.
That week I found out Batista got his ass dropped was one of the greatest. Too bad he didn't do it to Hunter's bitch ass too.

Caderfix

Of course. It's easy to say "heh, just punch that big dude's face" when you are another big dude who's used to the mentality.

Nevelle makes 205 worth it, saved his career in WWE in my opinion since he was going nowhere extremely fast on the main roster. With his great character now I hope he breaks away and goes for bigger titles.

Kaladin

Nevelle makes 205 worth it, saved his career in WWE in my opinion since he was going nowhere extremely fast on the main roster. With his great character now I hope he breaks away and goes for bigger titles.

Yeah, I feel like guys like Neville are the reason 205 Live and other niche shows are going to be huge. He'd do nothing on the main roster, but he can be a star and elevate other performers by doing so.

Kaladin

It's weird that Batista is probably one of the nicest guys out of WWE. Even tho he was a mess on the actual show.

I hope Guardians is what pushes him to the next level in Hollywood. I doubt anyone will ever be as big as The Rock, but he has potential.

I didn't say that about pre-Guardians Batista.

Remember they came damn close to giving Neville an actual royalty angle. He actually said "you don't turn your back on your king."

I mean fuck.

Thank fuck they arent leaning into that as far as they normally would.

The Alicia Fox story is just utterly terrible. The powder package thing was so stupid. How could anyone be invested enough to care about how it ends up.

Tom Nook

There are 20 guys in the cruiserweight division but only like 4 guys currently(Neville, Aeris, Gallagher, TJP) being the focus.

The storyline with Fox, Dar, and Swann is stupid but it's something....

The rest of the division are put in as jobbers for new talents or in random matches for Main Event.

To be completely from Raw and SD, Maybe they should implement a ranking system where winning a match earns points in the ranking system. Matches in Main Event and the opening match in 205 live will mean something.

Lol Ospreay tried the entire Okada Rainmaker from taunt on.

It wasn't effective.

I want a gif of Callahan completely no selling it. His face was great

And now Ospreay is going full on Uptown Funker... this is great.

Top Bottom