• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Not quite just yet, I give up on myself quicker than I do others because I like to learn.

I guess I should say, I've never seen that before and it makes me wonder more.

I'm probably exaggerating in my earlier comments, I maybe cried for 15 minutes and felt bad for the next day or so. I tend to overembellish when I'm feeling depressed, sorry about that.

I think it was because of outside fear. I really like being a part of this community, not just WrassleGAF but all of GAF and it would really suck to leave it, mainly due to likely not being able to obtain another eligible email address easily. Also it was regret for saying something stupid without thinking.

So pretty much a combination of anxiety and self-deprecation.

I'm probably exaggerating in my earlier comments, I maybe cried for 15 minutes and felt bad for the next day or so. I tend to overembellish when I'm feeling depressed, sorry about that.

I think it was because of outside fear. I really like being a part of this community, not just WrassleGAF but all of GAF and it would really suck to leave it, mainly due to likely not being able to obtain another eligible email address easily. Also it was regret for saying something stupid without thinking.

So pretty much a combination of anxiety and self-deprecation.
Some times the best way to gaf is lurk without posting. I back click some many posts I make because they're too harsh or the truth. If you think it's offensive, it probably is.

Good night sir.

jurgen

nxt womens wrestling is so boring compared to this shit
tumblr_ool8sf3c5C1qivspno3_540.png

tumblr_ool8sf3c5C1qivspno4_540.png

tumblr_ool8sf3c5C1qivspno1_540.png

tumblr_ool8sf3c5C1qivspno2_540.png

the last 2 specifically. whew.

Yeah western women's wrestling has a long ways to go to catch up to the Joshi scene. Hojo can't debut soon enough. Shirai's rumored to be jumping ship this summer. That will help elevate the division again but it will be the same problem as current NXT in the sense that there's such a huge talent gap between the champion and everyone else.

I'm really looking forward to Hojo hitting Ember Moon with those elbow drops though.

hojoelbow3.gif

Guys if you need someone to start shitposting about NJPW just ask, no piece of media should get by without the daily required shitposting, it's unnatural I tell ya

Agreed

I feel like even through all the complaints, no one would be here if we didn't enjoy it on some level. I'll say for myself, as someone that mostly just watches WWE with occasional dips into other things, I talk about the problems but the things that I enjoy stick with me far more than the things I dislike. Like, I'm a pretty harsh critic of the Crusierweight division, but if you ask me what really sticks with me, it's that I just like Jack Gallagher. If that makes any sense.

As much as I hate the evil that's frequent in the company, I grew up following the carny industry on tv all the time, including the company. Hard for me to suddenly stop following one part entirely even when I don't watch. Like forgetting a family member

Same with sports, movies, books etc. I tried to at least have some interest in everything because there was so much potential

Yeah western women's wrestling has a long ways to go to catch up to the Joshi scene. Hojo can't debut soon enough. Shirai's rumored to be jumping ship this summer. That will help elevate the division again but it will be the same problem as current NXT in the sense that there's such a huge talent gap between the champion and everyone else.

I'm really looking forward to Hojo hitting Ember Moon with those elbow drops though.

hojoelbow3.gif

We will have to see how hard WWE let them go, too. Some of the talent they have signed recently have worked Stardom (like Evie) so I think the gap in talent may not be quite as bad in future.

Not sure what Tessa Blanchard is doing but fuck does she need some improvement. When she was in that Stardom tournament last year it was pretty cringe.

jurgen

We will have to see how hard WWE let them go, too

I think you'll probably see them tone it down a little bit like Nakamura has. Women like Hojo hit crazy moves that I don't see flying in WWE.

y3L50B.gif

But at the same time, some of these women are really fresh in their career. Hojo really hadn't discovered wrestling until recently and started to incorporate some modern western moves into her work (spears, flying forearms, even a superman punch).

I think there's something that can be translated into a WWE product (unfortunately slowed down but definitely safer). They've let Bayley rely on the Macho Man elbow drop, so I think someone like Hojo could work well.

tumblr_nan1g8pPf11r7d08vo1_250.gif

lol redoing the Alexa/Nia "nope" spot from NXT.

Weird placement for that Jericho interview seeing he got his ass kicked in hour one... Lame, boring Bray promo that means absolutely nothing. Oh god, another talking segment with that stupid powder box thing and Dana umm it's like on one hand o_O with that talking but on the other O_O.

Jeff already getting that singles push, oh Shaymus? Or is it Cesarean wrestling? Either way, meh. Easy skip.

I'm regretting watching Raw. I think I'll wait until feedback next week.

jurgen

lol redoing the Alexa/Nia "nope" spot from NXT.

Weird placement for that Jericho interview seeing he got his ass kicked in hour one... Lame, boring Bray promo that means absolutely nothing. Oh god, another talking segment with that stupid powder box thing and Dana umm it's like on one hand o_O with that talking but on the other O_O.

Jeff already getting that singles push.

I'm regretting watching Raw. I think I'll wait until feedback next week.

I'm glad I skipped it. Went to Smackdown's house show instead.

Trust me guys, Ziggler jobbing to Nakamura is going to be an entertaining program.

ReiGun

Agreed

As much as I hate the evil that's frequent in the company, I grew up following the carny industry on tv all the time, including the company. Hard for me to suddenly stop following one part entirely even when I don't watch. Like forgetting a family member

Same with sports, movies, books etc. I tried to at least have some interest in everything because there was so much potential

This too. The WWE is a garbage company run by garbage people, but I've been watching so long (even with occasional breaks) that it still feels like part of my life.

I'm sure I'll drop it again in a couple months when either some story comes out that crosses a line or it just stops being fun. But I'll probably find my way back at some point even if it's just watching Mania with some friends.

Also, Braun can over turn a seven ton ambulance but the 380 pound Big Show can prevent Braun from lifting him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm fine with it. A big lad superplexing Big Show should be presented as a dangerous spot.

Ehhhh it was pretty much telegraphed but I just haven't liked it since it was done the first time between Show and Lesnar. It just feels dumber each time they've done it since, especially now that Show has lost a bunch of weight.

nxt womens wrestling is so boring compared to this shit
tumblr_ool8sf3c5C1qivspno3_540.png

tumblr_ool8sf3c5C1qivspno4_540.png

tumblr_ool8sf3c5C1qivspno1_540.png

tumblr_ool8sf3c5C1qivspno2_540.png

the last 2 specifically. whew.
Can I ask, which promotion this is, heading to Japan in October, should be able to catch the NJPW October show but would love to see some female wrestling while over there too.

Still need to figure out how to try and book tickets to the NJPW show when I'm there.

Hasney

On this day, I've stepped back into a world in which I never thought I would.

Anti depressants.

Thanks for all of your support guys. Now back to bullying everyone.

Sorry for rolling you up so much, didn't know it would lead to this.

In all seriousness, hope it works out for you my man.

Pikma

Banned
I've actually been under depression for a while now, just haven't told anyone, I find it very hard to talk about those topics irl because I hate feeling vulnerable.

Hasney

I've actually been under depression for a while now, just haven't told anyone, I find it very hard to talk about those topics irl because I hate feeling vulnerable.

Start telling people you're a fan of Roman Reigns and they'll be genuinely concerned.

I know what you mean, I was lucky that I lived with a mental health nurse when I was going though some shit so I could talk to her. We even had Prince William talk about the "stiff upper lip" being bad for mental health, even though it's so damn British.

That's understandable. In Australia only 1 in 4 people with mental health issues receive help because they don't report it. Social stigma, or worry about coming out about it in general, are a big problem here. 'Man up' etc is so ingrained in the 'true blue Aussie worker' culture. Given suicide is BY FAR the leading cause of preventable death up to the age of 45 you would think there would be more awareness and will to change, but here we are.

Drinking is also such an ingrained part of the culture here that most people have a problem with it, including me. Adding my own anxiety to that is obviously not a great thing. Going through years of being in an emotionally abusive 'relationship' has also left me exhausted and shattered over the last year
and I still can't walk away because I am pathetically alone and nobody has ever, ever connected with me or understood me like they do.

That's life I guess. And I really can't complain. I really believe deep down, all this suffering can matter because it can help us develop empathy, more and more deeply and really can lead to a more compassionate world. I know that sounds like sappy and idealistic bullshit but I don't have much else to hang on to, so whatever.

Menome

Also, forget everything else that happened on RAW. There was a banana-peel left openly on the floor and NOBODY SLIPPED ON IT.

What sort of world are we living in?

Nekofrog

Banned
vince probably wasn't watching the 205 segment, otherwise he'd have seen the banana peel and called an instant audible through the headset

ReiGun

I feel you. I've been really depressed for a while, but I don't feel like I can talk to anyone in my life about. I used to be able too, but experiences these last few years have left me without a support system.

I loved that the last time they did the "we broke the ring" spot it was the second to last match of a PPV so the main event (Del Rio and Punk??) had to wrestle half a match in the broken ring. That was cool.

Majukun

so,the prize for aj styles for winning the us championship #1 contender match is not being able to compete for the #1 contender spot for the bigger belt..meanwhile people he beat like corbin and zayn have the opportunity to get a shot for the belt

doesn't make much sense

so,the prize for aj styles for winning the us championship #1 contender match is not being able to compete for the #1 contender spot for the bigger belt..meanwhile people he beat like corbin and zayn have the opportunity to get a shot for the belt

doesn't make much sense

Corbin isn't in the match

Top Bottom