• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Mahonay

Banned
Shut up and give me Broken Matt dammit. The Hardys promo on Raw actively pissed me off. If you're not going to be broken then stay silent.
Either

1. They are in legal limbo with Anthem over the Broken gimmick

or

2. They are going to build to a Broken gimmick, because a lot of casual fans won't understand what the hell is going on if they started immediately with it.

or

3. Vince only wants Team Extreme Hardy Boyz.

Hasney

Awesome post blue to put yourself out there to try and help someone else. If someone does try to use that against you I'll spam Superman Punch them until their face looks like Ellsworth.

Weirdly enough, I was watching random New Legacy Inc videos in the background last night and one of their videos from the 2015 charity stream to raise money for a mental heath charity in Australia (Beyondblue) and before watching a Wrestling Mpire rumble, there was an awesome speech about depression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI5v8vsEPqM

Beefy

Can i shoot ?

IWC is ridiculous. They all hate when WWE force them to like dumb 80's mamoth wrestler who are meant to be super strong. Yet Strowman is loved.

It w as the same with Ryback when he debuted actually.

Wow, a dumb roid machine who can't talk nor wrestle and we loooove him, until we realize.. wait, isn't it what we actually hate ?

Last week segment was fun and all, but there was no talent involved from the wrestlers. Strowman will rise until the ICW turn on him for fair reasons.

EG7bQ.gif

Awesome post blue to put yourself out there to try and help someone else. If someone does try to use that against you I'll spam Superman Punch them until their face looks like Ellsworth.

Weirdly enough, I was watching random New Legacy Inc videos in the background last night and one of their videos from the 2015 charity stream to raise money for a mental heath charity in Australia (Beyondblue) and before watching a Wrestling Mpire rumble, there was an awesome speech about depression.

nL are awesome and regularly do those kinds of charity streams

One time I was able to get Dino to sing part of the Pat Benatar hit song "Shadows of the Night" while impersonating Paul Heyman

Hasney

nL are awesome and regularly do those kinds of charity streams

One time I was able to get Dino to sing part of the Pat Benatar hit song "Shadows of the Night" while impersonating Paul Heyman

Oh god, that video has Dino singing All star by Smash Mouth in all of his voices. Was only dipping into their back catalogue because they started playing the DDP Season Mode again after a 2 year break so caught up on that and then went down the rabit hole of related videos.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well bitch boy Meltzer said they're planning on going that route. They're trying to work something out with anthem.

Speaking of which, my upload of Final Deletion was always claimed to prevent monetization, but sometime in the last two weeks it was copyright claimed and blocked worldwide instead.

Anthem was all like DELETE!

Suplexer

To the people who don't like how long RAW is, Hulu has a 90 minute version of both main shows every week that I have been watching instead of the full show for about two years now. You do miss some smaller matches, which are occasionally worth looking for, but other than that it generally just cuts the junk and filler out.

Granted, you have to pay for Hulu and it has ads unless you drop the extra dosh for the ad-free version. I find it worth it with how much TV my family and I watch.

👊👊👊

Speaking of which, my upload of Final Deletion was always claimed to prevent monetization, but sometime in the last two weeks it was copyright claimed and blocked worldwide instead.

Anthem was all like DELETE!
Well the username Becky lynch lover 616 is a clear and concise way of knowing it's an alternate wwe account.

Ithil

People trying to employ some kind of blanket over Braun's "type" (big mastodon wrestler), you're missing context. People don't hate big wrestlers that WWE pushes because they're big wrestlers, they usually hate them because they're green and boring, they're not fun to watch

Braun is entertaining, and thus, people like him. That's all there is to it.

People trying to employ some kind of blanket over Braun's "type" (big mastodon wrestler), you're missing context. People don't hate big wrestlers that WWE pushes because they're big wrestlers, they usually hate them because they're green and boring, they're not fun to watch

Braun is entertaining, and thus, people like him. That's all there is to it.

It is the same with their heels and faces.

Jericho and Owens had a hugely entertaining run.

I honestly don't think I can describe Roman Reign's personality in any meaningful way.

Kaladin

I've been saying this since the Braun Strowman Jobber World Tour. Braun is the best thing in wrestling. He almost has to win this match against Roman, right? I say almost because it's Roman, but monster heel booking 101 says he wins and moves on to Brock.

Sephzilla

Roman is going to beat Braun clean as a whistle. The only reason Braun's getting the decent push and spotlight right now is to make him better Roman food

Accept Braun losing to Roman now Kaladin, before it's too late.
We already went through this in Feb, surely he was too well built up to just lose clean to golden boy Reigns? wait, no that's exactly why he was built up.

This is just a repeat with further odds to overcome by upping Braun's monster levels, we should just enjoy the rampage while it lasts.

Ithil

One negative on the ring break, god damn the commentary sucked. Cole sounded like he'd just seen a regular suplex or something, not even a superplex. Never mind a ring break.

Oersted

What caught me offguard last week is how tiny Roman looks compared to Braun.

Shit is cray. Reminds me of that dude in Fast 6 who made juiced Rock look tiny.

220px-WWF_The_Music_Volume_3.jpg

220px-WWF_Full_Metal.jpg

I've come to a conclusion, Vol 3 is better than full metal.

I think Ken Shamrock's theme puts the edge on Goldust's to make it the best.

Vol 3 has the 98 Taker theme which is almost as good as its 99 remix AND Kane's original theme...AND Dude Love
So yeah 3 takes it.

One negative on the ring break, god damn the commentary sucked. Cole sounded like he'd just seen a regular suplex or something, not even a superplex. Never mind a ring break.

That and he busted out his favourite rumble surprise line of "ooooh you gotta be kidding me!"

Aiii

So not worth it

To be fair, it's the third time they've done it. Even commentary can't pretend it's that impressive anymore, diminishing returns and what not.

Roman is going to beat Braun clean as a whistle. The only reason Braun's getting the decent push and spotlight right now is to make him better Roman food

Meltz pointed out that having Reigns rush back into action while still "injured" gives Reigns an out for losing.

The current plan is Strowman vs Lesnar sometime before Summerslam so I would not assume Strowman is just going to lose to Reigns here... definitely in the future but not necessarily here.

We'll see, WWE has done dumb things like this before but Strowman is next in line for a title shot so keeping him strong might be the thing they do and use Reigns' "injury" to keep him strong as well

Kaladin

I miss the days of Ring of Honor where they would step off commentary and let events like that speak for themselves.

Man, Vince and WWE must be really desperate if they are working out a deal with Anthem of all folks for the "Broken" gimmick.

I guess I can't blame them. Things have been quieter for the Hardys pop-wise ever since Matt restrained himself from doing the gimmick. Vince wants more of that Wrestlemania pop reaction.

Sephzilla

I just went and watched the match on youtube. Yeah, Cole's commentary for that spot was absolute dog shit.

Props to the ref who bumped for the business during that exploding ring spot

Yeah the ref bump was impressive there lol

Hasney

All wrestling websites are horrific in their own unique ways. PWinsider is easily the worst, it was once blocked by google for spyware.

Jeff Gerstmann at GiantBomb was saying that at one point while they were more independent, he considered approaching some of the dirt sheet writers because all their websites were so shit and say "Look, this is how you make a website these days and we have a paid platform system for you, it's win-win". I used to go to PWInsider in 2000 and I don't think the design has even changed.

Mahonay

Banned
Roman has already pinned Braun clean.

Then they had him get killed by The Undertaker and disappear.

Then they had him run away from Brock Lesnar.

Braun is getting over despite them killing his monster character several times. I'm glad they had him kill Roman, he needed it after the way they were going with him.

Massive respect for this. And good on anyone who recognizes this type of thing is going on and gets help before it's too late.
👊👊👊
Vol 3 has the 98 Taker theme which is almost as good as its 99 remix AND Kane's original theme...AND Dude Love
So yeah 3 takes it.

That and he busted out his favourite rumble surprise line of "ooooh you gotta be kidding me!"
The only theme I don't care for is Dude's. I never liked Dude love lol.

Even though I've made that statement, it's still haunting me because you have Sycho Sid's theme 😳

Aiii

So not worth it
Jeff Gerstmann at GiantBomb was saying that at one point while they were more independent, he considered approaching some of the dirt sheet writers because all their websites were so shit and say "Look, this is how you make a website these days and we have a paid platform system for you, it's win-win". I used to go to PWInsider in 2000 and I don't think the design has even changed.

Pretty sure it hasn't.

I mean, I was building websites in 1998 that looked better than Lordsofpain.net looks right now.

Raw64life

rajah.com still looks exactly the same as it did in 1997. They've barely touched the site in 20 years.

220px-WWF_The_Music_Volume_3.jpg

220px-WWF_Full_Metal.jpg

I've come to a conclusion, Vol 3 is better than full metal.

I think Ken Shamrock's theme puts the edge on Goldust's to make it the best.

Vol. 3 has the best Rock theme on it as well.

Top Bottom