• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

you sure?
i heard he was

zayn is still there though,so the point stays

Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Dolph Ziggler, Mojo Rawley and Jinder Mahal

The obvious outside of kayfabe explanation is AJ isn't going to be feuding with Orton right now so it makes sense to keep him out of a match he'd lose... Zayn is btw maybe one of only two people who arguably actually belong in that match.

Caderfix

Good mor...

z61R5JM.gif

*rolls up*

... Well... That's what I get for sleeping.

NEVER. AGAIN.

orioto

Good Art™
Can i shoot ?

IWC is ridiculous. They all hate when WWE force them to like dumb 80's mamoth wrestler who are meant to be super strong. Yet Strowman is loved.

It w as the same with Ryback when he debuted actually.

Wow, a dumb roid machine who can't talk nor wrestle and we loooove him, until we realize.. wait, isn't it what we actually hate ?

Last week segment was fun and all, but there was no talent involved from the wrestlers. Strowman will rise until the ICW turn on him for fair reasons.

Majukun

Can i shoot ?

IWC is ridiculous. They all hate when WWE force them to like dumb 80's mamoth wrestler who are meant to be super strong. Yet Strowman is loved.

Wow, a dumb roid machine who can't talk nor wrestle and we loooove him, until we realize.. wait, isn't it what we actually hate ?

Last week segment was fun and all, but there was no talent involved from the wrestlers.

well personally i don't like strowman at all

but i think the point has always been about the freedom to decide who they want to like instead of being forced to like someone because WWE says so..if the guy is good or not has always kind of been secondary..people liked zack ryder a lot,but he wasn't really much of a wrestler either,despite not being the roid monster prototype

Can i shoot ?

Last week segment was fun and all, but there was no talent involved from the wrestlers. Strowman will rise until the ICW turn on him for fair reasons.

?

Strowman isn't a roid machine, Strowman isn't an 80s giant, Strowman is fast and agile and as a ton of charisma and yes talent as a big man wrestler. He also can in fact talk.

He's arguably one of the most talented big men they've ever had.

He also got over extremely organically.

Wrestling also offers different things, you can get that technical masterwork from AJ and Nakamura and Charlotte, you can get a talk heavier work from Miz and say Bliss, you can get a mix of both, you can also get spectacle wrestlers like Strowman... To argue Strowman is untalented is absurd. Plenty a big man has come and gone in WWE and hasn't gotten over like Strowman.

Also you're the IWC too... Everyone is IWC... The IWC as a thing we can define as having set of opinions in 2017 is ridiculous.

Can i shoot ?

To be fair to Strowman, he managed to get two of the best matches Big Show has had in many years out of him and he has improved in a HUGE way over the last year or two or however long it has been.

I think it is about booking to be honest. People hate the way Reigns is booked, which is fine, and they like a big giant guy throwing ambulances around, which is also fine. If Strowman replaced Reigns and it became clear every big monster they decide to build was telegraphed so badly that everyone knew it was just to feed him, people would turn on him too.

People want things to feel unpredictable and "real" or completely insane carny bullshit. The reason so many people are pissed off with Raw is that it lacks that kind of vitality.

GunBR

Don't work yourself, bro. He got over by beating up THE BIG DOG. People see him as the lesser of two evils, regardless of his size or talent. Give it a year or two and he will be in a diaper.
He was already getting over during the feud against Sami

Menome

The "IWC" is a severely outdated concept. Even the eight-year olds at house shows have online access of some form, even if it's just talking about their favourites whilst messing around in Club Penguin or Minecraft.

Acting like it's still some separate homogenous group is pointless.

Hasney

The "IWC" is a severely outdated concept. Even the eight-year olds at house shows have online access of some form, even if it's just talking about their favourites whilst messing around in Club Penguin or Minecraft.

I'm glad the CPWC was finally shut down.

I sort of agree. But I mean, it isn't like these kids on social media are talking about Meltzer, NJPW, Stardom or whatever.

Can i shoot ?

d7b36052e9ae4cbb70df7c3f8d6fabcb684da2110cfb4a98114b3a9c9676b0aa.jpg

The hate flows strongly in us.

kiguel182

Started watching RAW but I realized that I wasn't interested in anything they were showing so I turned off. I'm totally uninterested in the show right now. Saw the video thumbnails on youtube and the video of the women's fourway and was good.

I'm still watching Smackdown tomorrow probably but yeah, I just couldn't think of a reason to watch Raw.

imBask

Banned
Braun looks like the type of wrestler I want to follow weekly but at the same time he's also not worth wasting 3h of my time... nothing is actually. RAW is too long

Braun looks like the type of wrestler I want to follow weekly but at the same time he's also not worth wasting 3h of my time... nothing is actually. RAW is too long

It really is.

Its so strange that SD always goes so fast and almost feels rushed and needed things were left out, but 45 minutes of Raw feels like 90 minutes.

Raw64life

Jinder Mahal, Erick Rowan and Mojo Rawley vying for world title shots while AJ goes for the US title and Nakamura just does his entrance and then leaves.

Mahonay

Banned
OK the Braun/Big Show match was cool. Just wish the announcers could actually learn how to act realistically shocked or surprised. When the ring collapsed they kept commentating like it was just part of the match.
Jinder Mahal, Erick Rowan and Mojo Rawley vying for world title shots while AJ goes for the US title and Nakamura just does his entrance and then leaves.
And it will still be better than RAW.

Don't work yourself, bro. He got over by beating up THE BIG DOG. People see him as the lesser of two evils, regardless of his size or talent. Give it a year or two and he will be in a diaper.

Lesser of two evils ? How do you even quantify that position. Maybe it isn't a false dilemma and people have genuinely enjoyed seeing him develop and grow into this monster he portrays today?

Can i shoot ?

Fuck that, I've been on the Braun train since his debut, just like I remain on the Roman War Wagon due to the consistently high quality of his in-ring work, despite the wheels that are his character and booking being pretty rickety.

Mahonay

Banned
Can i shoot ?

IWC. In 2017.

All wrestling fans are internet wrestling fans.

Also ICW LOL.

Sorry for rolling you up so much, didn't know it would lead to this.

In all seriousness, hope it works out for you my man.
🖕

😍
I've actually been under depression for a while now, just haven't told anyone, I find it very hard to talk about those topics irl because I hate feeling vulnerable.
I'm going to tell you a story. And I don't care if anyone tries to use this against me because I'm sure outside of the internet none of these pussies would even think of trying me and I'd make sure to whoop their ass.

Anyway, I've gone by the name batman, ironman, and superman. Why? Because I do everything, nothing phases me, I was a real beast. Things they contributed to those names were the fact that I'd work out about 3 hours a day, if you needed anything done, I'd do my best to get it done, and generally just helping people.

Well those things were my natural high, they'd make me feel good and the praises made me feel even better. But little did any of these people know is that their superhero was not quite so super on the inside.

These people didn't know that once the music was over, their superhero had to take a pill and talk to someone once a week because if he didn't, he'd probably turn into his worst villain.

I would never let people see me in a bad mood because I didn't want to seem vulnerable. I didn't want people to inquire about my feelings, I needed people to only see me as the guy who is in the gym everyday for 3-4 hours. Or the guy with the pretty smile who has a great speaking voice. Or the guy who everyone likes.

Is it sad that all of those things couldn't help me from feeling like killing myself each day?

I have a friend, he was my theatre teacher in high school. This statement that he said got to me it was in regards to my hip surgery which has led to some of this recent depression coming back; "Your hip is your kryptonite and it's sad because you were doing everything and you have to learn it all over again. But I know that James will get it together because that is what you do, you are my inspiration, etc etc."

But that put a lot in perspective, to know that a guy who I looked up to, someone who helped mold me, put me on a pedestal.

What I'm getting at here is this, I've been wearing a mask pretending to be someone I'm not for my entire life, 25 years; a superhero if you will or an actor because I play the role of a cocky narcissist who looks so perfect but he's really damaged on the inside(the first time I saw American psycho, I said that Patrick was me 100%. My teacher even gave me a monologue from the movie because he was type casting me as Patrick. Sad story.) I still take my mask off to reveal my true identity because if I didn't have the guts to show my true self, I wouldn't be talking to you all right now.

Don't be too good to talk to a therapist because you'll never be as good as me(when I say that, it's because I viewed myself as the perfect specimen) , the guy who went to one every week. You'd be doing yourself a favour to just air some of your dirty laundry out.

Women live longer because they talk about their problems but we hold it in and it puts stress on us. So let's help each other, let's get it together.

Pikma, do it for the rock and put your guard down for an hour. When you walk out, you can put your mask back up but allow someone to see your secret identity.

James did.

Sephzilla

Can i shoot ?

Well to be fair, Strowman was hated a ton back when he was a Wyatt because he was green as hell. He's still green but he's showing pretty rapid improvement so people have started to warm up to him.

Also, IWC is kind of a silly term in 2017 since pretty much all wrestling fans are internet fans these days.

Top Bottom