• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Mahonay

Banned
rajah.com still looks exactly the same as it did in 1997. They've barely touched the site in 20 years.

Vol. 3 has the best Rock theme on it as well.
Hey I like Rajah. Sure, it looks like shit, but at least there aren't a million pop up ads. If your site is going to be extremely outdated, at least keep it simple.

Beefy

I've actually been under depression for a while now, just haven't told anyone, I find it very hard to talk about those topics irl because I hate feeling vulnerable.

Having depression isn't a weakness, it's a mental health issue. I have suffered from anxiety and depression most of my life and go to therapy once a week. Nothing to be ashamed of as far as depression is concerned man, you feel better talking about it. No one that cares about you will judge you differently, those that do aint worth your time.

gun_haver

Ahh, it's been a few weeks since I've watched anything wrestling related. Feels good! I've still come into this thread a few times though, which is playing with fire, but I think short of Angle having a big match, nothing could really get me interested right now.

I think it's cos I watched wrestlemania sober this year. It's supposed to be a culmination and what everything is built around, and why you put up with the crap, etc, and it was just 'fine'. In the past I've been drunk and always felt like 'no, there will be a moment in the future that you're watching this for when you think 'damn that was satisfying'. but there won't. it's like a spell got broke.

i'm sure there are some others around here waiting for that to happen to them. hopefully it holds up.

Speaking of superheroes 😔😔

Former WWE Superstar Matt "Rosey" Anoa'i passed away on Monday at the age of 47. Matt was the older brother to RAW Superstar Roman Reigns.

Several of Matt's friends have taken to Facebook and Twitter in the last 12 hours to remember. No word yet on what led to the former WWE Tag Team Champion passing but he was due to hospitalized due to congestive heart failure back in 2014.

Our condolences go out to the Anoa'i family.

My personal fave bad wrasslin site story is the time Bryan (might have been Tony) said F4W had to be shit so Meltzer could use it. I miss the glory days of each bit PPV feedback being in different fonts.

Holy SHIT! :(

RIP.

I feed bad for Roman. I guess people will feel bad for booing him for now on.
I'm not even going to say anything. I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Ok, I just hope that they don't try to use this for sympathy on Roman's behalf. You talk about the Reid Fleihr, the pillman situation, and the Owen situation but this would be tasteless as fuck.

Vince is my boy but hopefully he won't stoop this low.

And another thing, some fans are ultimate dicks so they wouldn't be able to separate business from personal. This coming from a Duke fan who had to listen to fellow fans chant bad shit about an opponent's grandmother who passed away.

Hasney

3MW was one of my more favorite things of that time period.... I loved how Bisch would just summon them with the phrase 3 minutes.

While the whole Billy and Chuck angle was terrible with them backing out and all that, the payoff with Bischoff as the vicar and then announcing 3 minutes was fantastic.

Mahonay

Banned
I feed bad for Roman. I guess people will feel bad for booing him for now on.
What? This is real life and part of his real family. Absolutely people will feel bad for him personally. As a real person.

But wrestling is fake and so is his wrestling character. People will still boo him.

Having depression isn't a weakness, it's a mental health issue. I have suffered from anxiety and depression most of my life and go to therapy once a week. Nothing to be ashamed of as far as depression is concerned man, you feel better talking about it. No one that cares about you will judge you differently, those that do aint worth your time.

Perfectly said, Beefy. There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

One of the hardest things can be social stigma and how we can sometimes adopt that stigma unconsciously. Mental health is often so misunderstood by society we can end up picking up and integrating that misunderstanding ourselves. If we end up with mental health problems, that view we picked up can end up effecting our perception of our own self which can make taking steps to the path of recovery harder.

My inbox is always open for anyone who wants to vent. Always happy to chat on skype or the phone too. Whether it is to vent or for advice about CBT or meditation and mindfulness or whatever, I'll always be about :)

Tom Nook

I'm not even going to say anything. I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Ok, I just hope that they don't try to use this for sympathy on Roman's behalf. You talk about the Reid Fleihr, the pillman situation, and the Owen situation but this would be tasteless as fuck.

Vince is my boy but hopefully he won't stoop this low.

And another thing, some fans are ultimate dicks so they wouldn't be able to separate business from personal. This coming from a Duke fan who had to listen to fellow fans chant bad shit about an opponent's grandmother who passed away.

That's what I'm afraid of.

Even though Kevin Owens will be defending his United States Championship against Chris Jericho at WWE Payback and faces a potential showdown with No. 1 contender AJ Styles, The Prizefighter is still making time to show the WWE Universe that he is the true “Face of America.”

WWE.com has learned that KO has issued the first-ever “Face of America Open Challenge” for tonight’s edition of SmackDown LIVE. Will anyone step up to answer the Canadian brawler’s call for competition and prove Owens wrong?

Guess this will lead to another feud with Cena whe he returns in July.

Never post from my phone so I couldn't chime in earlier but some good stuff being said about mental health. Depression is a hell of a monster to face, and nearly impossible to do it alone. I know that from years of experience, I found a way to manage it, but it's like learning to live with a knife stuck into you.

Over the last couple of years I've felt like I've been able to stop acting like I was fine when I wasn't because of the company I kept. The worst are the people that are suffering themselves but try to marginalize or downplay the shit you're going through, like it's a goddamn competition.

Over that period of time I fell out with a lot of good friends I used to have, but fuck 'em. It's not worth slowly torturing yourself.

Speaking of superheroes ����

Damn, that's way too young.

Kaladin

Shoot Tuesday:

Having a Starbucks merely feet away from me where I can buy a plastic cup with unlimited coffee refills for $1 is dangerous to my coffee habit.

jmdajr

2646f269_o.png

WWE STATEMENT

WWE is saddened to learn that Matt Anoa'i, known to fans as Rosey, has passed away at age 47. The son of WWE Hall of Famer Sika and older brother of WWE Superstar Roman Reigns, Rosey grew up in the legendary Anoa'i wrestling dynasty.

He debuted in 2002 alongside his cousin Jamal as part of 3-Minute Warning. The imposing, powerful tandem tore through Raw's tag team division before going their separate ways. Rosey then formed a beloved superhero duo with The Hurricane, which culminated in his first World Tag Team Championship reign.

The Anoa'i family shared the following statement:

"The Anoa'i family is mourning the loss of Sika's son, Matt aka Rosey, due to an untimely death.

We want to let his fans know that he loved them and the wrestling world so much. In his passing, he left three beautiful young children and a heartbroken family. Please respect the privacy of his children and family as they mourn the loss of this kind, loving, gentle man, who was a father, son, brother and a superhero to us all.

Our family appreciates your prayers and continued support during this very difficult time."

WWE extends its condolences to Rosey's family, friends and fans

I think Enzo & Cass are hands down the worst tag team, if not the worst wrestlers period, in all of WWE.

Enzo has no moves beyond "get beat up"
Cass has 4 moves: sidewalk slam, elbow drop, boot and boot over the rope
Their tag matches have no flow or teamwork beyond generic hot tag spots. And when those spots happen Cass literally goes through the same flow.

I think E&C are hands down the worst tag team, if not the worst wrestlers period, in all of WWE.

Enzo has no moves beyond "get beat up"
Cass has 4 moves: sidewalk slam, elbow drop, boot and boot over the rope
Their tag matches have no flow or teamwork beyond generic hot tag spots. And when those spots happen Cass literally goes through the same flow.
I read E&C as Edge and Christian and almost addes you to the list of damned members.

Top Bottom