• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Beefy

2646f269_o.png

Dude was huge and all in the worst area.

Tagyhag

I'm happy with either Sami or Luke.

Probably should be Luke since Sami still has that underdog status and that can help you keep heat when you lose.

So who do you think is winning that 6-pack challenge? I guess Sami and Luke are the favs.

Probably Luke

But for comedic purposes I'm rooting for Jinder because I don't want anyone I like getting fed to Randy Orton...

And Jinder in a WWE title match is inherently hilarious.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People don't remember or know just how badly the triple whammy of the Iraq war controversy, the steroid admission by the hulkster, and the sex scandal fucked over US wrestling for most of the early 90's.

Hulk on Arsenio did just as much if not more damage to the WWF than Benoit did. The Iraq war torpedoed an entire WM (and a year of booking) but it was a drop in the bucket. The sex scandal was a witch hunt mainly done because the previous steroid scandal made wrestling a familiar topic for these daytime shows and they decided to go back to the well for more.

GunBR

So who do you think is winning that 6-pack challenge? I guess Sami and Luke are the favs.
Remember when we had a 6 Park challenge last year with Cena, AJ, Corbin, Bray and the winner was Ziggler?

Probably Sami or Luke gonna win tonight, but I can see Mojo winning and I'm not joking

Probably Luke

But for comedic purposes I'm rooting for Jinder because I don't want anyone I like getting fed to Randy Orton...

And Jinder in a WWE title match is inherently hilarious.

Hell yeah, Randy is going to be Hindered.

Edit: Wait that sounds bad, I don't want Randy getting concussed or anything.

There's something funny about the fact that of 3MB Slater was the one who survived and stuck around and now he's the only one not in a good spot.

Zach

Hey, I've been watching 30 Rock. It feels surprisingly dated at times. Like, the waning Bush years feel weirdly quaint in this post-Obama/President Trump world.

Trump has been joked about at least once and Obama has been mentioned like a pie-in-the-sky presidential candidate (it's late 2006/early 2007).

So weird. Pretty funny at times, though.

jmdajr

hmmm. Well those pictures were unexpected.

Kinda crazy to want to kill yourself in the ring with a decent gig. Hell maybe it doesn't pay what I think.

no one ever seems to say that when they're talking about diesel not drawing

Diesel as a character did suck though, but the industry was definitely in a low point then

People don't remember or know just how badly the triple whammy of the Iraq war controversy, the steroid admission by the hulkster, and the sex scandal fucked over US wrestling for most of the early 90's.

Hulk on Arsenio did just as much if not more damage to the WWF than Benoit did. The Iraq war torpedoed an entire WM (and a year of booking) but it was a drop in the bucket. The sex scandal was a witch hunt mainly done because the previous steroid scandal made wrestling a familiar topic for these daytime shows and they decided to go back to the well for more.

The Iraq story line with Slaughter and Hulk will continue to be one of the top 10 most baffling things the WWE has ever done. This was a fun look back on TLF and I had no idea Slaughter had so much heat for this he was wearing a bulletproof vests to all the arenas; supposedly he wrestled hogan in it.

I don't remember the sex story controversy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
no one ever seems to say that when they're talking about diesel not drawing

1992-1994 are even worse because WCW is also completely in the shittier. Late 1993 both are running a lot of high school gyms and really small venues and not selling them out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Diesel as a character did suck though, but the industry was definitely in a low point then

The Iraq story line with Slaughter and Hulk will continue to be one of the top 10 most baffling things the WWE has ever done. This was a fun look back on TLF and I had no idea Slaughter had so much heat for this he was wearing a bulletproof vests to all the arenas; supposedly he wrestled hogan in it.

I don't remember the sex story controversy.

Various people came out an accused Patterson of raping them. Then one or two similar affairs with Vince. None of them ever went anywhere, especially the Patterson stuff. Vince did "fire" him for a few months so it would blow over.

Kaladin

g86IOevlxtwcK7pcyY7npu-sd_8Nlap016b3V__k1NoEV1_8LNPPRvLbPAb8T78-l_fE3tQ9lVW91OEFsn3xiehxBCEN-dzlGk_gMWP4wgYlD-1C8g8Fczc7HOzMKp81idXql4T5E8xH=s0-d-e1-ft

You must be an active WWE Network subscriber on April 17, 2017, AND have first ordered WWE Network before August 1, 2014. In addition, you must be a U.S. resident, who is 18 or older, on April 18, 2017. See Official Rules for a more complete description of the eligibility requirements.

Anth0ny

Dave Meltzer on WOR last night stated the Broken Matt and Jeff Hardy characters WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN. Plan is to do the gimmick and buy out Anthem /make deal for the character. Doing teases of the character until the deal is done. WWE does not want to do the old gimmick because it will get old fast.

lmao

buy out those territories vince

put out one AJ Styles DVD and make all of your money back

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm curious as to how many would be entered in such a contest. You have to be an active subscriber as of yesterday, and have first subscribed before August 2014 which is in the first months of the Network.

Started in late February, no? It was after EC.

I can't believe Bischoff didn't immediately put an angry Bret Hart on tv after the screwjob, it's such a carny move, how could any carny worth his salt resist?

RIP Rosey.

Toki767

I'm curious as to how many would be entered in such a contest. You have to be an active subscriber as of yesterday, and have first subscribed before August 2014 which is in the first months of the Network.

I subscribed for a month when the Network first launched.

Then re-subbed when they gave 3 free months for Mania.

I still got entered in this contest.

Top Bottom