• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Kaladin

If we're talking powerbombs.....

HD5AFGe.gif

The beast will not job to the end of the page....plus the more I look at it the more I realize that is a pefect gif

RIP Rosey. :(

I used to have the dual package of him and the Hurricane which also came with the orange and green masks the two respectively had. Loved wearing them.

Roman and his family have my condolences.

jmdajr

Sid vs Hogan almost never happened. Still don't know why Vince never wanted Flair vs Hogan.

And hell, Savage was supposed to be retired but came back. And Warrior came back to do the run in after disappearing.

Nuts how all this happened between Wrestlemania 7 and 8.

Sephzilla

Sid vs Hogan almost never happened. Still don't know why Vince never wanted Flair vs Hogan.

And hell, Savage was supposed to be retired but came back. And Warrior came back to do the run in after disappearing.

From what I remember the original plan was Flair vs Hogan but there were some ego issues plus apparently they ran the match at house shows and it didn't go over super well

Hasney

Weren't they trialling Hogan V Flair on house shows and it didn't go over with the live crowds for some reason?

In the Lapsed Fan 30-days of Mania they talk to Meltzer about this and IIRC big Dave didn't even know why.

That brief period of Flair int he WWF was very odd when we look back on it

Weren't they trialling Hogan V Flair on house shows and it didn't go over with the live crowds for some reason?

Hmm, I think this is what Dave said and he also stated it was a period where fans were growing tired of Hogan.

If they wanted to take the belt of Bayley, a cool thing to do is have Bliss win it at Payback and then form an alliance with Nia.

I still think Nia and Bliss as a team would work... at first I thought it might be champ Nia with Bliss as her talking piece but champ Bliss with Nia as the muscle also works...

That said they completely didn't tease that at all this week and went the opposite way in fact so watch out cause we might get a Nia vs Bliss match and yeah that's going to be bad...

Sephzilla

REMEMBER WHEN ALUNDRA BLAYZE SHOWED UP ON NITRO WITH THE WWF WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP?! MAN THAT WAS DISRESPECTFUL

ALSO SIGN IN TO WWE NETWORK AND RELIVE THE HISTORIC MOMENT WHEN RIC FLAIR BROUGHT THE NWA TITLE TO RAW!

jmdajr

That Hogan vs Flair House show match is on the WWE network.

Certainly better than the one vs Sid.

Yes only 9.99 or start your free sub today!

REMEMBER WHEN ALUNDRA BLAYZE SHOWED UP ON NITRO WITH THE WWF WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP?! MAN THAT WAS DISRESPECTFUL

ALSO SIGN IN TO WWE NETWORK AND RELIVE THE HISTORIC MOMENT WHEN RIC FLAIR BROUGHT THE NWA TITLE TO RAW!

To be fair Flair actually had money that he was owed over the belt which is why he treated it as his property.

In the Lapsed Fan 30-days of Mania they talk to Meltzer about this and IIRC big Dave didn't even know why.

That brief period of Flair int he WWF was very odd when we look back on it

The argument made is that the Hogan vs Flair house shows apparently didn't set the world on fire.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
remember how wcw gave away the ending to wwf raw and made people change channels

also remember how wwe spent 15 minutes every raw making it known that the nacho man and huckster were on wcw and made people change channels

If they wanted to take the belt of Bayley, a cool thing to do is have Bliss win it at Payback and then form an alliance with Nia.

I still think Nia and Bliss as a team would work... at first I thought it might be champ Nia with Bliss as her talking piece but champ Bliss with Nia as the muscle also works...

That said they completely didn't tease that at all this week and went the opposite way in fact so watch out cause we might get a Nia vs Bliss match and yeah that's going to be bad...
Alexa getting the belt just makes me worry we're set for another period of hot-potatoing the belt since Sasha vs Bayley seems a lock at Summerslam for the belt (likely with the SD match being Charlotte vs Becky).

But at the same time Payback's in Bayley's town.

Sephzilla

Hogan vs Flair never happened at WrestleMania despite WWE having both of them at the roster at the same time.

Sting vs Undertaker never happened at WrestleMania despite WWE having both of them at the roster at the same time.

Yet people still believe Vince McMahon is a genius

Alexa getting the belt just makes me worry we're set for another period of hot-potatoing the belt since Sasha vs Bayley seems a lock at Summerslam for the belt (likely with the SD match being Charlotte vs Becky).

But at the same time Payback's in Bayley's town.

Yeah.. I mean you could do the match without the belt... That might actually be ground breaking for Raw, a women feud not about the belt... Problem is who the fuck would face Bliss because damn Raw lacks women faces after Sasha turns... James I guess but ugh James and Bliss don't work well together.

I think Bayley retains at Payback though.

Hogan vs Flair never happened at WrestleMania despite WWE having both of them at the roster at the same time.

Sting vs Undertaker never happened at WrestleMania despite WWE having both of them at the roster at the same time.

Nakamura vs AJ styles won't happen at wrestlemania despite wwe having both of them on the roster at the same time.

To be fair Flair actually had money that he was owed over the belt which is why he treated it as his property.

The argument made is that the Hogan vs Flair house shows apparently didn't set the world on fire.

I edited to mention this. The matches were going over and fans were not into Hogan anymore. Which is why Mania 9 is such a weird fucking Mania.

jmdajr

At least we got Cena vs Rock!

twice!

rock.gif

Sid had that, if I come to you all you make me the main event.

Hogan vs Flair didnt draw in WWF
Macho vs Flair didnt draw in WWF

are you noticing a weak link here

Macho vs Flair did decent business...

Also I think there's a decent chance we get Nakamura vs AJ at Mania 34.

Its interesting.... I think AJ not going to raw changed a lot of plans... I think AJ not going is why Owens and Ambrose switched and why Bray went instead.

Sting/Taker not happening is all the proof I need to confirm Vince is a Grade A jabronie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Macho vs Flair did decent business...

Also I think there's a decent chance we get Nakamura vs AJ at Mania 34.

Its interesting.... I think AJ not going to raw changed a lot of plans... I think AJ not going is why Owens and Ambrose switched and why Bray went instead.

Flair vs Macho definitely didn't do decent business. There's a reason Vince let Flair leave before his contract was up

I love seeing Ambrose fans reacting to Miz's shoot.

When Roman or Cena or anyone else wrestle a basic match with their five moves of doom they're boring and shitty wrestlers. But when Ambrose does it he's just trying to make his career last longer which makes it okay for him to have a shitty match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i'm not sure what looked worse, dean ambroses's "takedown" on miz tv or sasha bank gingerly suicide dive and both are on the WWE front page

ReiGun

2646f269_o.png

WWE STATEMENT

WWE is saddened to learn that Matt Anoa’i, known to fans as Rosey, has passed away at age 47. The son of WWE Hall of Famer Sika and older brother of WWE Superstar Roman Reigns, Rosey grew up in the legendary Anoa’i wrestling dynasty.

He debuted in 2002 alongside his cousin Jamal as part of 3-Minute Warning. The imposing, powerful tandem tore through Raw’s tag team division before going their separate ways. Rosey then formed a beloved superhero duo with The Hurricane, which culminated in his first World Tag Team Championship reign.

The Anoa'i family shared the following statement:

"The Anoa’i family is mourning the loss of Sika's son, Matt aka Rosey, due to an untimely death.

We want to let his fans know that he loved them and the wrestling world so much. In his passing, he left three beautiful young children and a heartbroken family. Please respect the privacy of his children and family as they mourn the loss of this kind, loving, gentle man, who was a father, son, brother and a superhero to us all.

Our family appreciates your prayers and continued support during this very difficult time."

WWE extends its condolences to Rosey’s family, friends and fans
Damn RIP

Top Bottom