• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

MoosiferX

Quick question -- does anybody know if FITE.TV puts shows up for on demand viewing immediately after the show airs? I want to watch Ring of Honor tonight since I'm working while it's live this afternoon.

the goldberg boos at the hof makes me fear we're going to get a deja vu to XX again.

hope that doesn't happen b/c I don't want to be cringing in front of my tv screen while i eat my carne asada,
or hear the awkward head in sand commentary that goes along with it
It doesn't matter if they're booing as long as they're reacting, and buying tickets

"this sold-out crowd in Orlando is on their feet"

Nothing stops the Roman Empire

C8WGikuU0AAlr8u.jpg:orig

Does that Women's Tournament promotional pic give away the NXT callups? I see all the main NXT women except Nikki Cross.

That promotional pic doesn't mean anything.

Like at all. Nothing about the tournament, nothing about call-ups. It's literally just "this tournament features women so here is a picture including the women we feature on our brands".

Prazak talking about some deal with WWN they've made to get caught up on releasing shows

Still DVD's

SMH

4 shows out this month, supposedly.

It'd be cool if they get a veteran women's wrestler for commentary

Idk if someone like Lita or Trish can hang with that sort of thing, but someone providing color/insight like Bryan. Makes it more fun I think

Adree

Idk if someone like Lita or Trish can hang with that sort of thing, but someone providing color/insight like Bryan. Makes it more fun I think

Please no Lita on commentary. She was goddamned horrid on the pre-show panels.

If you're going to have commentary for women's wrestling, you should get Sara Del Rey. I would be curious about Mickie James on commentary. Anybody but Lita.

If you want to look outside the company, Dave Prazak.

Yeah I know Lita has been pretty terrible on panels, that's why I included the disclaimer

I could totally see someone like Mickie on there. Though I think even Daniel's inclusion has a bit of "hey this person you like is on this thing" so maybe they'd get someone more current (but I don't trust Sasha or Bayley to provide much of anything, and obviously "Becky talks funny"). I could almost see Sasha doing well if she's just there to be excited but for the love of god don't give her any scripting or have her in character

Tried to watch a 99 Nitro and couldn't make it past the intro. David flair vs Nash highlights for the belt. Stun gun. Sting a hummer. Trash, all of it. Forgot how much that stun gun became a staple of wcw

somedevil

Thinking about the women's tournament, this is what I can come up with so far in terms of a possible lineup not using people who are currently on WWE/NXT TV and also not signed exclusively elsewhere:

Santana Garrett
Candice LeRae
Evie
Nixon Newell
Dahlia Black (assuming she recovers in time)
Toni Storm
Shayna Baszler (I don't like her, but there's no way she's not in it given her connection to Rousey)
Mia Yim
Kairi Hojo
Io Shirai (assuming she doesn't stay with Stardom)

I think there's enough talent out there to have a pretty good tournament.

Jinny from progress and maybe Kay Lee Ray as well from ICW. I wonder what female talent from Mexico they will get.

You know one talent they won't use from Progress or ICW and thats Session Moth Martina who got an ICW episode removed from the fighnetwork due to her gimmick.

ReiGun

Sara Del Rey and Rene Young for commentary team. If they want to do a three person team, throw in Mickie James or maybe a surprise vet like Jacquline or Molly Holly.

I love the little girl in the front row at SHIMMER, she's so into it, and the heels are giving it back. This is why women's graps are important.

BOSJ IS GOING TO BE LIT

C8TV6yxUMAAMDHT.jpg

Countdown to LOLKUSHIDAWINS backlash starts now.

Jinny from progress and maybe Kay Lee Ray as well from ICW. I wonder what female talent from Mexico they will get.

You know one talent they won't use from Progress or ICW and thats Session Moth Martina who got an ICW episode removed from the fighnetwork due to her gimmick.

FUCK I just imagine them signing Sexy Star or whatever she goes by now and putting her over.

Adree

Jeez Meltzer even if it really was an issue of timing whether they put the Smackdown women's match or cruiserweight match on the main show could you just for one day let the half-truth that fan outcry led to the women getting on the main card be the reason?

Random dumb question:

Does BUSHI actually do any lucha things? I feel like the closest thing I've seen to that is like.....an enzugiri or something lol

That's what happens when most of your matches are 6+ man tags but yea

I thought similar of Sanada until I saw his NJ Cup matches, but I mean he's also a "big cool tough guy" vs. a luchador

Idk most everyone else in New Japan is a crazy person so having a masked guy you'd expect to be full flippy shit throws me off

So this little girl in the front row of this Shimmer show is the best. She's been mouthing off to all of the heels and they in return keep getting her face. And then after the last match, where Tessa's team cheated to win, she called the ref over and tried to explain to him what happened and that they cheated. Ref goes in the ring and has an argument with the heels about it.

Tall4Life

So this little girl in the front row of this Shimmer show is the best. She's been mouthing off to all of the heels and they in return keep getting her face. And then after the last match, where Tessa's team cheated to win, she called the ref over and tried to explain to him what happened and that they cheated. Ref goes in the ring and has an argument with the heels about it.

Indie Izzy even has a higher workrate than NXT Izzy

FUCK I just imagine them signing Sexy Star or whatever she goes by now and putting her over.

Pretty sure she's mostly focusing on boxing now. Plus, the LU contract prevents WWE from signing her even if they wanted to. The contract states they can't use LU talent until six months after the last episode airs that uses them. It's why you won't see Ricochet in WWE until like next year at best.

Hasney

Janela's Spring Break was a fucking trip.

What a weird ass show.

The Clusterfuck with the invisible man, Jervis Cottonbelly, Glacier and Dink was fucked up. Then the ref bumps in Janela V Jannetty were amazing. I was laughing my arse off.

Sevren can't still go, but man, that guy can still put on a match in a way. He clearly said to Riddle that they should lay their shots in properly and it was a fun watch. If Riddle wasn't such a stoner, I think he'd be another Kurt Angle. He's that good after only a couple of years. He's like Angle and RVD mixed.

Pretty sure she's mostly focusing on boxing now. Plus, the LU contract prevents WWE from signing her even if they wanted to. The contract states they can't use LU talent until six months after the last episode airs that uses them. It's why you won't see Ricochet in WWE until like next year at best.

And they just happen to be on a long mid-season break, pushing that date back even further. Amazing.

Syder

7gw47kdy9voy.jpg

Seen people mocking 'The Vibe' thing but as long as it's just part of the Nakamura aesthetic and not a name they really call him then it's fine.

Jeez Meltzer even if it really was an issue of timing whether they put the Smackdown women's match or cruiserweight match on the main show could you just for one day let the half-truth that fan outcry led to the women getting on the main card be the reason?
He's a fuck boy.

WWE may not be as about looks as they have been in the past, but they would never put a woman in a mask on TV.

I know.

Heck even when bringing in guys from mexico, taking off the mask if almost always the first thing to happen.

Lucha masks are just fucking cool. Men or women. Wish WWE wasnt so against them

Top Bottom