• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

C8TdsB8VwAA-9iS.jpg

Ithil

Wonder how long they've had that in the works. Couldn't be solely because of the Paige thing right?

They take months to design and make these belts. Assuming they're not pallete swaps of the WWE title then they've probably been in the works since some time last year.

miserable

I would take nothing on that page as gospel. It's from 2008. A lot has changed since then.

But yeah, it's well known Vince doesn't like the term "belt". He thinks it makes the title seem like an ordinary object instead of a "championship"

I know, but Goldberg confirmed in a recent interview that "belt" is not to be used

They take months to design and make these belts. Assuming they're not pallete swaps of the WWE title then they've probably been in the works since some time last year.

That was actually the first thing that came to mind when they announced new designs. Black and Yellow class ring belt. Yellow and white class ring belt for the women. And Yellow Penny belts.

Beefy

I would take nothing on that page as gospel. It's from 2008. A lot has changed since then.

But yeah, it's well known Vince doesn't like the term "belt". He thinks it makes the title seem like an ordinary object instead of a "championship"

How insane is Vince?

Ithil

Them always having to say "WWE Universal Championship" or "WWE World Heavyweight Championship" every time they're mentioned is painfully robotic, no human talks like that.

Havok looks like she's lost a good bit since I saw her last. Probably good

EDIT: checked her instagram, yeah, she's lost a lot, good for her

Thinking about the women's tournament, this is what I can come up with so far in terms of a possible lineup not using people who are currently on WWE/NXT TV and also not signed exclusively elsewhere:

Santana Garrett
Candice LeRae
Evie
Nixon Newell
Dahlia Black (assuming she recovers in time)
Toni Storm
Shayna Baszler (I don't like her, but there's no way she's not in it given her connection to Rousey)
Mia Yim
Kairi Hojo
Io Shirai (assuming she doesn't stay with Stardom)

I think there's enough talent out there to have a pretty good tournament.

Heroman

Banned
Them always having to say "WWE Universal Championship" or "WWE World Heavyweight Championship" every time they're mentioned is painfully robotic, no human talks like that.
Remember when they kept on saying "I beat you at WWE Rockblock end of the line" WWE verbiage is super dumb.

I hate how they have to preface every PPV name with "WWE". Like "In our match at WWE Elimination Chamber". Like guys, we know it's a WWE event you are talking about. That part is implied.

I think another main reason it's
going on last is that they know the crowd will shit on the rest of the show if the match ends up in the middle of the card so putting it last at least means the crowd won't be turning on the show for the earlier part.

Cosmozone

Does that Women's Tournament promotional pic give away the NXT callups? I see all the main NXT women except Nikki Cross.

red capsule

the goldberg boos at the hof makes me fear we're going to get a deja vu to XX again.

hope that doesn't happen b/c I don't want to be cringing in front of my tv screen while i eat my carne asada,
or hear the awkward head in sand commentary that goes along with it

tm24

Thinking about the women's tournament, this is what I can come up with so far in terms of a possible lineup not using people who are currently on WWE/NXT TV and also not signed exclusively elsewhere:

Santana Garrett
Candice LeRae
Evie
Nixon Newell
Dahlia Black (assuming she recovers in time)
Toni Storm
Shayna Baszler (I don't like her, but there's no way she's not in it given her connection to Rousey)
Mia Yim
Kairi Hojo
Io Shirai (assuming she doesn't stay with Stardom)

I think there's enough talent out there to have a pretty good tournament.

Let me tell you about Zeuxis, who will win this tourney because she is the greatest luchadora in the world. She smashes people, she knows crazy lucha holds and she can fucking go

Top Bottom