• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Seriously, WWE fans better realize what it looks like when they do delete as A FULL HAND and not a finger. It looks really bad

The problem is that it's supposed to be perpendicular to your chest, but the crowds have to angle it up to keep from chopping the person in front of them.

Last match was fun, looking forward to War Machine vs TenKoji at the weekend;

SDsgLAL.gif

SwfddFF.gif

I wonder if so many wrestling fans being so generally bitter and cynical comes from the fact that it's half a sport half a fictional TV show... Sports fans are fickle and love to shit on their own team when they aren't doing well (problem with wrestling becomes that doing well is highly subjective whereas in other sports it's basically statistics) but can't stop/ won't stop watching their team, going to the games etc... Add in the general why the fuck did they write it like that that TV shows get and you get a recipe for Bitter fans.

I think most people can't move on. Like tv there is so much good stuff but people will just settle for something that is easily digestible even if they hate it.

I can't inagine what it's like to only watch WWE. It can't be good for your health

Its the new thing with hardcore fans bury people because they work part time which is stupid why the hell should you be wanting these guys working full time? no one on the roster should be when a guy gets that opportunity to be a part timer should be encouraged but instead they bury them because they not on tv every week and not getting beat up nearly everyday whatever that full time schedule is.

Hasney

Metlz says that 2K had a big hand in Goldberg/Warrior returning to WWE and Sting debuting. Interesting

Well Heymans company does all the advertising for them and works with those guys which then has a lot of cross-over with the talent and management at the 2k events, so probably get a word in the ear about a come back.

Problem is, it's almost expected that the pre-order bonus is going to return now, so hopefully this year it's not someone that won't come back.

I wonder if so many wrestling fans being so generally bitter and cynical comes from the fact that it's half a sport half a fictional TV show... Sports fans are fickle and love to shit on their own team when they aren't doing well (problem with wrestling becomes that doing well is highly subjective whereas in other sports it's basically statistics) but can't stop/ won't stop watching their team, going to the games etc... Add in the general why the fuck did they write it like that that TV shows get and you get a recipe for Bitter fans.

Eh, just look at TV show threads on here. "Should have cancelled it 2 seasons ago, garbage" yet they're still watching. if they had to film in front of a full arena of paying customers, it would probably be the same way.

I think most people can't move on. Like tv there is so much good stuff but people will just settle for something that is easily digestible even if they hate it.

I can't inagine what it's like to only watch WWE. It can't be good for your health

I think so too. Everyone here is so happy when good stuff on WWE happens. I really do think people just want it to be actually good again and not need to talk about merch sales or whatever to try and justify the product. People just want a good show to watch.

Lucky we have NJPW, Stardom (for now..), DDT and whatever else that is usually top notch depending on what a person wants.

I did for a long while, well during the Monday Night Wars I watched WCW and ECW as well... I actually think my high tolerance for late 1998-2001 WCW is why I'm easily entertained now :p, but after that it was WWE only. I jumped in and out of interest after Cena fucked the Nexus story over (though the Benoit tragedy a few years earlier really hurt my love for the business as well) and then stopped completely for over a year after Mania 28, actually the last show I watched before I quit was the Raw after that Mania, I was clamoring for Lesnar I was cheering for that F5, it was awesome. Then I quit lol.

I started watching again casually when the WWE Network started, and then slowly I got more and more in to it (more or less just watching the PPVs and reading the Raw/SD results) and then the brand split peaked my interest more and by I dunno October I started watching Raw and Smackdown and posting in this community, I added NXT after watching and loving TakeOver Toronto. From this community I branched out into NJPW and Indy stuff, and I think it definitely helps me enjoy WWE more because they offer something NJPW and indies and NJPW and indies offer me something WWE doesn't. In the end it all works out.

Eh, just look at TV show threads on here. "Should have cancelled it 2 seasons ago, garbage" yet they're still watching. if they had to film in front of a full arena of paying customers, it would probably be the same way.

Yes those exist but it is not nearly as prevalent there as it is here, and as it is within the wrestling media, outside of Bleacher Report and the LAW, especially John and Wai (Dan, Jason, Dave and especially Braden have a lot of moments of bitter, angry wrestling fan)

Okada is being even more prickish than usual what a bully.

NJPW is so cool in that heels and faces largely shift based on who they are facing... kada vs Suzuki saw Okada as a pure face, here Shibata is more the face and because it's not a talk heavy promotion it really makes those shifts effective and easier to pull off.

Love it, NJPW is the ultimate pick up at any show company. I've only been watching for a few months and I already have my roster of favorites.

kiguel182

It's easier to stop watching a tv show because there's no shortage of alternatives.

It's not the same with wrestling ence why people keep watching when they are enjoying it less.

Indies and WWE have a big gap between them. Way bigger than most TV shows.

I sometimes find it hard to watch WWE after events like the G1. I think it is because the way matches are structured and paced, it makes going to WWE style matches seem kind of weird.

I remember I think it was the first AJ and Cena PPV match, maybe Summerslam and it was following some big NJPW stuff and I struggled to get into the match in any way.

Not saying this to be argumentative or a dick, it just happens to me from time to time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching the rw highlights on youtube, it seems there wasnt actually a broken promo, all the deletes and obsoletes were from the crowd :(

We got our Payback lineup leaked via Meltz

Brock will not be defending on the show.
Reigns/Strowman (Strowman will likely get Brock at SummerSlam)
Balor/Owens
Hardy's/Sheamus and Cesaro
Rollins/Joe

Just FYI on the podcast, other than no Brock at Payback, which he seems to speak from a place of knowledge on, everything else was him just guessing , he flat out says that it's him just speculating.

In fact his exact words when talking about Owens was Owens.....(long pause)... ummm... maybe Finn Balor. So unless we see Y2J written off soon I'd imagine the announced Owens/Jericho rematch is happening

So I would not call this a leak by any means.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"here you go Nak, the intercontinental title, just like back in Japan"

I would've loved if WWE only had the WWE Title and there wasn't an E-Fed sounding Universal Championship to make up for Raw not having an exclusive champion, could've elevated the IC and US Titles with the WWE Champion floating between brands on "WWE board of directors" and brand authority figures discretion and basically working each six months out of the year, including which ever brand has the Royal Rumble winner. Again, going by to something like the territory/NWA system. All three titles could've been elevated that way and maybe eventually mean something again. Hell, have him even work a little NXT TV if you're actually serious about it being a third brand and not just a developmental/main roster feeder system.

I get why they do it since maybe they still think being a top champion is still a draw like when they had the World Champion on the "A" house show circuit and the IC Champion on the B-loop but they've been far more interested these days making their brand a draw than most of the talent on it. If it does end up hurting house show business (as if it isn't already not that great) they could eventually run an angle where things breakdown, maybe a controversial finish that leads to the arrangement dissolving and the title being "split" with one brand getting its own champion.

If need be you could eventually have

Charlotte for Alexa, AJ for Roman and AA for the New Day.

Nakamura interrupts Ambrose tonight, Tye interrupts Miz.

I feel like The Revival have just started a good thing with New Day. I'd move Enzo and Cass or Shesaro first.

I agrew that Alexa getting off Smackdown woukd be a good career move.

Bryan Alvarez might be the most bitter man in wrestling journalism. Almost everything he says is dripping with animus.

He goes out of the way to describe things in his recap in the most uncharitable way.

Beefy

Morning Wrasslegaf
-----------------------------
Raw was good, apart from praising Vince. Which was weird as hell.

Caderfix

When Paul and Brock were cutting the promo about wanting to face Roman, the moment Braun's theme played I got happy thinking that they'd pull the trigger. Then he stood face to face with Brock, not only that, he disrespected him and the crowd reacting like "Oh no he didn't!" and a little later getting 100% behind Strowman was simply awesome. But then they just HAD to make Strowman backdown and look exactly like what the crowd was chanting while he was going up the ramp.

WHY? What a waste.

Rhaknar

Im going to finally watch The Final Deletion

Foggy

I sometimes find it hard to watch WWE after events like the G1. I think it is because the way matches are structured and paced, it makes going to WWE style matches seem kind of weird.

I remember I think it was the first AJ and Cena PPV match, maybe Summerslam and it was following some big NJPW stuff and I struggled to get into the match in any way.

Not saying this to be argumentative or a dick, it just happens to me from time to time.

Same. The matches have a poor sense of rhythm.

Beefy

When Paul and Brock were cutting the promo about wanting to face Roman, the moment Braun's theme played I got happy thinking that they'd pull the trigger. Then he stood face to face with Brock, not only that, he disrespected him and the crowd reacting like "Oh no he didn't!" and a little later got 100% behind Strowman, it was simply awesome. But then they just HAD to make Strowman backdown and look exactly like what the crowd was chanting while he was going up the ramp.

WHY? What a waste.

They need to be careful with Braun, they are getting to the point of ruining him.

Rhaknar

drones with holograms... whut

whut

this lady playing Matt's wife sure is... err... voluptuous.

Let us know what you think. I'm almost sure I'm the only one here that doesn't like it.

well I love carny shit and this is the carnyest shit ive ever seen so...

Bryan Alvarez might be the most bitter man in wrestling journalism. Almost everything he says is dripping with animus.

He goes out of the way to describe things in his recap in the most uncharitable way.

WWE has #Broken Bryan and Vinny. The should stick to retro reviews and let someone else handle the current stuff

When Paul and Brock were cutting the promo about wanting to face Roman, the moment Braun's theme played I got happy thinking that they'd pull the trigger. Then he stood face to face with Brock, not only that, he disrespected him and the crowd reacting like "Oh no he didn't!" and a little later getting 100% behind Strowman was simply awesome. But then they just HAD to make Strowman backdown and look exactly like what the crowd was chanting while he was going up the ramp.

WHY? What a waste.

Brock was ready to shoot

W25b0ov.png

Rhaknar

You mean Matt's wife

oh thats actually his wife? mah bad.

well that sure was a bunch of ridiculous bullshit, but I had a smile on my face the whole time.

I actually really like their broken gear (the goth style jackets) :(

Matt's accent cracks me up.

WWE has #Broken Bryan and Vinny. The should stick to retro reviews and let someone else handle the current stuff

Meltzer is fun still though his memory sucks sonetimes lol
But yeah I'm not sure Alvarez and Meltz work well for recaps and reviews. Meltz is more fair but Alvarez basically runs the show so it just ends up being not too dissimilar to this thread sometimes lol.

Lol Meltz actually thinks they should do 2 nights of Mania and thinks they'd sell out Orlando both nights just at a cheaper per ticket price.

Top Bottom