• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Hasney

I wonder if they leave Nak until the draft?

There isn't a draft, it's trades.

Mr. McMahon also announced he has already conferred with lead representatives from Raw and SmackDown LIVE in advance of the shake-up that will take place for both brands. That includes the newly named Raw General Manager, WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle, as well as SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan, who are already in ongoing discussions with each other regarding next week's anticipated Superstar movement, WWE.com has confirmed.

The WWE Chairman will be granting both sides an opportunity to make trades, deals and other moves that they feel fit, according to WWE.com sources.

When has a nostalgia run ever worked out on Raw.

How about the one that just ended?

20161120_SurvivorSeries_goldberg1-0e55d53f81fca517d5bcb87871b8319b.jpg

I don't see how this Hardy run is going to be any different from the failed Dudley, Outlaws, Goldberg runs that end up being either boring enough for no one to care or frustrating enough for the crowd to turn.

Hasney

I don't see how this Hardy run is going to be any different from the failed Dudley, Outlaws, Goldberg runs that end up being either boring enough for no one to care or frustrating enough for the crowd to turn.

Well that's just all of WWE, not just nostalgia runs.

Foggy

It worked because of how spare the Goldie stuff was(basically out of necessity). Tickle everyone's nostalgia sphincter and then vanish like a thief in the night.

Caderfix

Drafts, roster shake-up, trades, whatever you want to call it, always get me hyped, even though I was let down by every single one I watched. I have hopes that this is the one to lift the curse.

Hasney

Drafts, draft shake-up, trades, whatever you want to call it, always get me hyped, even though I was let down by every single one I watched. I have hopes that this is the one to lift the curse.

I like the long, drawn out one where there Cena, Christian and Batista were drafted, but it was just one move per show.

The ones decided by matches and that "randomiser video" with annoying noises can fuck off.

Caderfix

Well, they are not part timers and were constantly over with casuals and a big chunk of the hardcore fans, now, after their run outside WWE they have even more good will from the hardcore fans, also, they were always treated nicely by the booking team, were always part of the shows, had good feuds, titles both as tag and singles and the nostalgia pop they have is MUCH bigger than any other full time team/performer you referenced. As for Goldberg, he was a total part timer that couldn't go and was put over full time talent, making people sour on him, while the Hardys can go, are full time talent and have the tools to actually elevate the division.

I'm a Jeff and Matt mark, sure, but even if I wasn't, the examples you brought up are not comparable.

Beefy

You think Vince is actually going to take his pet project Roman Reigns off of Vince's show?

That's what all the rumours etc are hinting at. Keeping Lesner and Roman away from each other until later. I could see them doing a champion vs champion match at next Mania.

Sephzilla

That's what all the rumours etc are hinting at. Keeping Lesner and Roman away from each other until later. I could see them doing a champion vs champion match at next Mania.

Roman going to Smackdown would open up the faint possibility of a proper heel turn as well

Caderfix

Roman going to Smackdown would open up the faint possibility of a proper heel turn as well

I don't think the brand would make any difference in that decision, as Vince still calls the shots. However, if they don't change the creative teams, he'll become a much better character and might find his groove. It'll be very good for his career to go to SD, in my opinion.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Sami could be magical on Smackdown, but I really wanted to see him feud with AJ Styles. KO v Styles would be a welcome consolation prize though.

Tom Nook

I hope they don't do Smackdown gets Sami and Raw gets AJ trade. That would be the dumbest trade in anything. It's like "I'll trade you J Bell for L Bell....."

Sephzilla

I still believe we'll end up in the darkest timeline. AJ's getting traded to Raw. Roman's staying on Raw. Have fun watching AJ become a midcarder.

Hasney

I hope they don't do Smackdown gets Sami and Raw gets AJ trade. That would be the dumbest trade in anything. It's like "I'll trade you J Bell for L Bell....."

I'm ok with this happening as long as that allows Sami to drop this gimmick that's a rib on him. AJ will be fine.

Can always include more than just Sami for AJ though. Like maybe Kurt isn't comfortable with The Club reforming so moves them as part of that deal too.

Sephzilla

He just killed the Undertaker, he doesn't need a title anymore.

#VinceLogic

"They aren't cheering the man who did the impossible and defeated Undertaker for good! Give him another title! Hunter, call up Roode and tell him we need to make Roman's yard glorious damnit!"

Draft / trades same thing. I wonder if they leave him for the wow factor? They could count him as a trade from NXT? Even the wording in that paragraph makes it seem even more likely.

I mean The Revival just showed up so NXT guys can just show up.

Maybe Nak will just show up and win the WWE title lol... I'm kidding but I hope he just shows up tonight, they have to turn Smackdown Live After Mania into a thing too with the brand split working so well so far

Cagey

Banned
But Roman goes to Smackdown? Which means Raw may actually have other people around the title screen?

Lol.

The dude who got the world title within four seconds of debuting on national television just returned from shoulder surgery.

We know where the title picture is going.

GunBR

I'm fine with Raw getting the bigger names while Smackdown get the rest
Rusev and Zayn could become WWE champs and have a great title run at SD

AJ will never be the main event again in the Roman show (+ Brock, Seth and Balor), but he could be in a feud against Owens for the US Belt and fight against Joe in the future. And he already fought against everyone on SD too

Ithil

Based on RAW I assume that New Day and Charlotte are moving to SD. Just felt like they were being written off to they can get traded next week.
Since they are not making this an official Draft I'm guessing they're only going to be moving a few people from each brand and not doing a total overhaul.

Sephzilla

Storyline wise it would make more sense for Smackdown to try to get Seth Rollins than Roman Reigns in a trade.

Both shows should make an agreement to merge the womens and tag divisions back together

Beefy

Storyline wise it would make more sense for Smackdown to try to get Seth Rollins than Roman Reigns in a trade.

More I think about it. The more I think they will trade Roman to SD, get him to win the belt and defend it for a few months. Then have champ vs champ at Mania and have Roman beat Brock. So Roman becomes the ultimate champ. So he is on both shows! Making the crowd hate him even more.

ReiGun

They're probably going to do a Hardy's nostalgia run and then do the Broken angle

Fantasy booking: they should slowly revert Matt back to being broken. Have him keep doing what he's doing currently (using the mannerisms, DELETE chants, occasionally slipping back into the accent and verbiage) but still being decidely normal Matt. But over time, he starts to slip more and more into the character - more accent slips, offhand references to the seven deities, etc. Then, in a match with, say, The Revival, he takes a particularly bad bump (worked, of course), and shows up on Raw two weeks later fully Broken. Ring gear, new theme that's an orchestral remix of the Hardy's Attitude Era music, the entrance attire, the whole nine.

If you space it out long enough, you'll have given casual viewers enough time to catch on to the Delete chants and such while alienating those who don't look up things like The Final Deletion. And you can milk that sweet nostalgia money till it runs dry.

Caderfix

Kalisto can put on some great matches. Fuck that.

That's why I want him in the Cruiser-Weight. He doesn't have character and is not credible against anyone due to that, going to the Cruiser-Weight division might help him on that, kinda like it did to Neville who was also 100% lost before.

Top Bottom