• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

So, given that Matt's no longer Broken (boo), do you think they're going to play out the whole storyline again, but on the WWE? Some tag team stuff, then into a Matt vs Jeff feud, letting them doing all the crazy storyline shit but with more budget and more scale?

Caderfix

So, given that Matt's no longer Broken (boo), do you think they're going to play out the whole storyline again, but on the WWE? Some tag team stuff, then into a Matt vs Jeff feud, letting them doing all the crazy storyline shit but with more budget and more scale?

They might enter a feud, but I really doubt they'll have more budget or scale. It'll most likely be a regular feud, as the alternative is not WWE stile.

Hasney

oh thats actually his wife? mah bad.

well that sure was a bunch of ridiculous bullshit, but I had a smile on my face the whole time.

I actually really like their broken gear (the goth style jackets) :(

Matt's accent cracks me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLIw-Jm_8OFJ1iFPKCBNwSo62Kcyen0rgh&v=rz8kQhERvIc

Video 9 in that playlist on has the aftermath too.

The other stuff worth watching are:
Delete or Decay
The tag match at the PPV after that (Bound for Glory? I dunno, it's TNA)
Matt losing his memory

tumblr_ogg63bPt5D1s05wxzo1_400.gif

tumblr_ogu3a3aAED1s05wxzo2_400.gif

tumblr_oh7kd5LMgU1s05wxzo1_400.gif

tumblr_oh7kd5LMgU1s05wxzo2_1280.png

Tag Team Apocalyptico

A Matt without the Broken Matt gimmick isn't a Matt worth watching.

I would love to see the Broken gimmick on WWE but sadly it doesn't look that way. Still, WWE would be smart to give Matt some leeway to create a persona that could take off. Matt has a great record of creating characters.

Sephzilla

An absence of the Broken gimmick is better than a WWE filtered version of the Broken gimmick

The Broken gimmick would only work if Matt gets full creative freedom with it, which he probably wont especially on Raw. I'd see Broken Matt working more on Smackdown or NXT or the Edge & Christian Show. If they do go full Broken again I imagine it will be a reboot of the storyline so they don't have to tell people to go watch TNA's stuff to catch up

Never got to see it, but I get reminded of a Steiner lite gimmick.

Bully Ray is a gimmick you'd give a member of the nWo B-Team.

The dudleys are going to do a nostalgia Run and then do bully ray- sepzilla in 2015

The Dudleys didn't win the Tag team titles at all in their return let alone in a surprise debut ladder match at Wrestlemania in front of 60 000 who gave them the biggest pop of the night... Dudleys were treated as roster filler/ veteran enhancement from almost the minute they came back.

imBask

Banned
We'll get Matt vs Jeff feud number 50232 and they'll both fade into the darkness that is midcard booking

I know you guys are excited after a PASSABLE RAW, but please remain calm

The Broken gimmick would only work if Matt gets full creative freedom with it, which he probably wont especially on Raw. I'd see Broken Matt working more on Smackdown or NXT or the Edge & Christian Show. If they do go full Broken again I imagine it will be a reboot of the storyline so they don't have to tell people to go watch TNA's stuff to catch up

Bully Ray is a gimmick you'd give a member of the nWo B-Team.
Oh so it sucked eh? Did he have shitty music to go along?

thequestion

It would of been nice if on raw they let Matt at least cut a promo referencing the expedition of gold has seen completion. The hardy boys reborn! Or something. Then have them get into a feud asap and in the feud they can get broken again. Or some variation on the theme. Matts a creative guy, if wwe lets him, he'll be able to figure something out that will be nothing short of glorious.

Caderfix

The Dudleys didn't win the Tag team titles at all in their return let alone in a surprise debut ladder match at Wrestlemania in front of 60 000 who gave them the biggest pop of the night... Dudleys were treated as roster filler/ veteran enhancement from almost the minute they came back.

It's like people forgot the Hardys' run and popularity. Matt was left to the sidelines a little bit, but still had a good run, and Jeff was always part of something with a lot of visibility, and, if it wasn't for his drugs related issues and the fact he left the company, he would've been pushed even harder.

sora87

Man, that Roman heat was incredible, he must be the most hated wrestler ever in wwf/e?

In happier news, crazy, violent Emma is the best.

Carnby

They'd have to say goodbye to stadiums I think, I don't think they could sell out two nights at 60k+

Hard to say, don't ya think? People are traveling from around the world for WM. What difference would an extra day make?

I'm only agreeing with this idea because a nearly 8 hour Mania is just too much.

Hard to say, don't ya think? People are traveling from around the world for WM. What difference would an extra day make?

I'm only agreeing with this idea because a nearly 8 hour Mania is just too much.

Dunno it'd have to be 2 nights at a less than 33 ticket price but more than half of 33 ticket price meaning cost for the full Wrestlemania experience would go up... They'd also have to get rid of TakeOver clearly if they wanted to do that which would kinda suck.

Hasney

Dunno it'd have to be 2 nights at a less than 33 ticket price but more than half of 33 ticket price meaning cost for the full Wrestlemania experience would go up... They'd also have to get rid of TakeOver clearly if they wanted to do that which would kinda suck.

Nah, they'd just have the HoF and Takeover on the same night again.

Rimfya

Banned
Two night mania would work if not for TakeOver already having that slot. It'd be a shame for that to get kicked back further for midcard mania.

Thought: if you could take any WM and move it to TO which one would it have been?

Sort of torn on the Broken stuff in the WWE. It could be like The Miz's Total Bellas, or it could end up like the Wyatts/New Day compound fight.

Top Bottom