• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Recall

The day Roman turns heel people will cheer for him, so Vince should actually consider it

So wait.

You can't cheer him now?

You have to wait for him to turn heel then give him the wrong response?

A face wants cheers, a heel wants boos.

The reason I don't like Roman Reigns is because I've been given no reason to CARE about his sudden main event status. There was no story, or earned progression, it was just there for the sake of it. They put him above every other roster member for no reason or no payoff. It's lazy and time time wasting.

kiguel182

They can do whatever trades they want but if Roman ends up on Smackdown it's going to be a bummer.

AJ leaving Smackdown is bad enough as it is without being replaced by him.

I love AJ on Smackdown, what a bummer.

They can do whatever trades they want but if Roman ends up on Smackdown it's going to be a bummer.

AJ leaving Smackdown is bad enough as it is without being replaced by him.

I love AJ on Smackdown, what a bummer.
Should've waited to do the shake up after Summerslam.

Ithil

"Go Away" needs to catch on arena-wide. I'd love to hear the internal justifications for a chant like that towards your top star.

michael-cole-620x2707fpoz.jpeg

"Ah'wai" is from an obscure Samoan dialect and it means "Roman", go Roman!

Zach

Zach, I apologize for giving you shit on saying 3 hours is pushing it. For me, 7 hours plus is a bit much and we were feeling it by Lesnar/Goldberg.

Apology... accepted!

But my three-hour limit is a far cry from seven. Who in the world could go seven without thinking "maybe I should never do this again..." Heh.

Anyway, glad you had fun. Cool firefliez pic.

imBask

Banned
So wait.

You can't cheer him now?

You have to wait for him to turn heel then give him the wrong response?

A face wants cheers, a heel wants boos.

The reason I don't like Roman Reigns is because I've been given no reason to CARE about his sudden main event status. There was no story, or earned progression, it was just there for the sake of it. They put him above every other roster member for no reason or no payoff. It's lazy.

yeah but you're one person, and I don't disagree with you

i'm just telling you what's going to happen. Roman will be over as fuck and people will cheer for him the day he turns heel, because wrestling is dumb and people are dumb

Recall

yeah but you're one person, and I don't disagree with you

i'm just telling you what's going to happen. Roman will be over as fuck and people will cheer for him the day he turns heel, because wrestling is dumb and people are dumb

And we love it and each other.

Ithil

Now that Sheamus is being cheered, he's ready to go back to the main event scene. Vince can resume his plans of making him the face of the WWE now.

Funnily enough the only real difference between Sheamus and Reigns' big pushes (apart from Sheamus only being intended to be the number two guy to Cena, not number one) is that Vince actually gave up on Sheamus' failed push eventually.

Sephzilla

Funnily enough the only real difference between Sheamus and Reigns' big pushes (apart from Sheamus only being intended to be the number two guy to Cena, not number one) is that Vince actually gave up on Sheamus' failed push eventually.

Vince gave up on the Sheamus push because he still had Cena. Now that he doesn't have Cena anymore he needs to ride or die with Roman.

Kornflayx

Vince will shift the narrative any way he wants. This is the same guy who said years ago that he'd rather have a half empty stadium cheering for his guy instead of a full stadium cheering for who they want

I don't get how he gets away with saying that while running a public company. That's not maximizing shareholder value

Kaladin

Apology... accepted!

But my three-hour limit is a far cry from seven. Who in the world could go seven without thinking "maybe I should never do this again..." Heh.

Anyway, glad you had fun. Cool firefliez pic.

That was cool seeing that big of a stadium lit up for that. I don't even think I've seen that many lights at a rock show before. I don't get Wyatt's loss to Orton, there is so much character development you can do with him on top. That was the dumbest decision to me over the weekend.

Sephzilla

I don't get how he gets away with saying that while running a public company. That's not maximizing shareholder value

He never publicly said it, it was something both Scott Hall and Kevin Nash have said they heard Vince say during the WM12 main event. Also that was when they were a private company.

I want a womens MITB match, but with a mix of 3 from each show. And the winner can show up anywhere and cash in on her pick of either champion.

kiguel182

I like Sheamus (current version of Sheamus at least) but the idea that Vince hindered CM Punk to try and make Sheamus happen is so ridiculous.

Kaladin

What day is NXT on? Seeing as I have WWE network now, I will give it a watch.

Wednesday, but this week's is kinda meh because they just taped 3 matches before Takeover. The main event isn't bad, but I'm salty over ruining a good gimmick way too soon. Saying more would spoil it.

I wonder, if Roman wasn't Samoan would this failed push be over by now?

Why do people seriously buy this logic? It's literally just Vince finding a reason to keep Roman out there. If half the arena left instead of booing Roman, Vince would just say "well they aren't booing him that means they dont hate him". Vince will shift the narrative any way he wants. This is the same guy who said years ago that he'd rather have a half empty stadium cheering for his guy instead of a full stadium cheering for who they want

Because crowd reactions means a wrestler is connecting with the crowd?

A dead silent crowd kills a wrestler more than heat/cheers

cordy

Banned
Styles - Heading to Raw
Reigns or Rollins - Heading to SDL
Nakamura - Heading to SDL
Charlotte - Heading to SDL
Mojo - Hopefully heading to Raw

Hasney

He never publicly said it, it was something both Scott Hall and Kevin Nash have said they heard Vince say during the WM12 main event. Also that was when they were a private company.

He had to come close to being out of business to change that line of thinking for a period of time too.

GunBR

If they put The New Day on Smackdown both Tag division will be fine
Raw doesn't need them anymore with The Hardyz and Enzo and Cass, and you can put The New Day in a feud against The Ascension that the crowd will care about it

Every one ready for Roman vs Orton?
Orton gonna face Bray on the next PPV and probably Dean will face Corbin

Who they gonna put against Nakamura in his first feud at the main roster...?

I'm a huge Sheamus mark myself. Great guy off-camera, cares about his job, actually wears his emotions on his sleeve. Looks mean in the ring. He's the complete package just not a priority character right now for Vince and co.

I really think they fucked up building him and Cesaro into something special. Those two are over, don't get me wrong, but there could have been a better story told to convert Sheamus to Cesaro's side.

Caderfix

This is my yard now, brehs.

Not going to lie, the top of last night's show was one for the books. Classic stuff.

The high point for me was Braun *almost* being elevated to, at least, the second biggest baddass on the roster. Stood up to Brock and Brock himself showed he recognized the threat a bit while Paul looked terrified. It was great, unfortunately the second half of it was ass, but that first half was the high point of the night to me.

ReiGun

Smackdown's is 7.

And really 6 again cause Nikki is leaving.

The difference is Smackdown gives a lot of time to their women.

If the divisions were integrated you'd have more likely two Bayley spots a week, possibly two Charlotte, with Sasha and Becky always in another segment.

The depth women would see their time cut. Change up the women's roster every 6 months but I don't think a unified division is a good idea.

You have to also remember that Raw has been short a couple women. Summer is out, Paige is out, Emma was out (then kept off TV for reasons no one will ever understand), Bayley came up post-draft. For a while, the division was just Charlotte and Sasha because they were the only stars they had. Nia needed to be built, and Dana and Alicia were just jobbers because they needed people Sasha and Charlotte could beat/tag with.

Smackdown, by comparison, benefitted from having all their women ready to go from jump, and only have one ready-made star to protect (Becky). Even when they lost Eva, Nikki was there to take her place. Now this isn't to excuse the poor booking decisions made on Raw, but I would argue that side has had a higher hill to climb due to external circumstances.

Kaladin

The high point for me was Braun *almost* being elevated to, at least, the second biggest baddass on the roster. Stood up to Brock and Brock himself showed he recognized the threat a bit while Paul looked terrified. It was great, unfortunately the second half of it was ass, but that first half was the high point of the night to me.

I so want Strowman vs Brock. That will be a hoss battle.

Zach

I heard you guys are still watching wrestling after a weekend with like 600 hours of wrestling. Explain yourself, imBask.

Beefy

Wednesday, but this week's is kinda meh because they just taped 3 matches before Takeover. The main event isn't bad, but I'm salty over ruining a good gimmick way too soon. Saying more would spoil it.
What time? (I'm in UK so Raw and SD start 1am here) I googled it and can see fuck all apart from Nxt take over.

I love Sheamus. His current position is great as the type of Daniel Bryan heel where he's an asshole paired with someone he originally couldn't stand.

Charlotte to SD would shake things up. With Nikki going they need a star and along with that, Charlotte's talented enough to have some good matches with people there.

Especially since Sasha's heel turn is coming any day now and you probably don't want it to happen when Charlotte (a heel booed and not cheered like most heels today) is around.

Kaladin

Either that was the shittiest writing of all time, of Braun must have pissed someone off to do that on Raw and just walk away. Jesus.

It was the classic WWE heel walk away moment. Plus, I don't blame them for saving that clash of the behemoths. You're not going to give it away on the first tease. Not even the just the tip.

What time? (I'm in UK so Raw and SD start 1am here) I googled it and can see fuck all apart from Nxt take over.

I think it's 8pm EST so it'l be 1am for you as well.

klonere

Banned
I heard you guys are still watching wrestling after a weekend with like 600 hours of wrestling. Explain yourself, imBask.

See there's this 37 minute long AJPW six man that I need to catch up on and

I got through Mania in 1 hour and completely skipped NXT. I r smart

Caderfix

It was the classic WWE heel walk away moment. Plus, I don't blame them for saving that clash of the behemoths. You're not going to give it away on the first tease. Not even the just the tip.

They could have Heyman talk Brock out of it. Brock going away smiling like an asshole would make it clear he was not afraid, he was just trusting his advocate, while Braun backpedaling while saying "you know who I am" made it look like he was afraid, which made absolutely no sense after what he did to Brock.

Kaladin

They could have Heyman talk Brock out of it. Brock going away smiling like an asshole would make it clear he was not afraid, he was just trusting his advocate, while Braun backpedaling while saying "you know who I am" made it look like he was afraid, which made absolutely no sense after what he did to Brock.

I didn't get that. He saw that Brock recognized a threat, and that's all he needed to see.

Top Bottom