• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Ithil

I don't know if you can really say Steph is a bad heel. She almost always delivers when handed the mic.

She's an effective heel as far as getting reactions, but a detriment to the wrestling talent who are made to look like a bunch of dumb nerds when in her presence. She is the one who gains from the confrontations, the people up against her are almost always knocked down a peg. It's a long time WWE issue where they feel they need to constantly prove to the talent they are not worth as much as they think are. It's like they're feuding with themselves. It's really dumb.

She's a bad heel because she actively harms babyfaces whenever she is around.

Mahonay

Banned
Agreed.

She's the only one who can properly deal with the CM Punk chants
She's a pro at making the crowds look like a bunch of lame ass marks in an instant. It's pretty funny. I'm good with that because the dumb ass crowds chanting things like CM Punk don't deserve a comeuppance.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Old man HHH put people over one day a year, for the most part he gives the same old promo almost every week.

I liked his promo when he came back. Unfortunately he undermined it by getting in the ring with Seth. I think at this point HHH would be much more effective staying out of the ring. I continue to be excited at the prospect of his NXT heel stable that doesn't seem to be materializing.

Heroman

Banned
Maybe Kurt will be allowed to get a leg up on her.
mr-burns-laughing.gif

Mahonay

Banned
If I watched RAW every week...yeah I don't think I would be saying she's a good heel.

Also now that I think about it, things like Stephanie McMahon talent tear downs is why I don't usually watch RAW. Lol

Kaladin

Since I don't go over on gaming side, I figure I'd ask you guys.....is this Xbox Project Scorpio thing another answer to the PS4 Pro or is it the next generation of Xbox?

Toki767

Since I don't go over on gaming side, I figure I'd ask you guys.....is this Xbox Project Scorpio thing another answer to the PS4 Pro or is it the next generation of Xbox?

It's not a next gen Xbox.

It's literally Microsoft thinking the reason people bought a PS4 over an Xbox was because it was more powerful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its still amazing to be you have The Club on Raw

you have BALOR CLUB when hes not demon

they have history...and you never do anything with it

Kaladin

It's not a next gen Xbox.

It's literally Microsoft thinking the reason people bought a PS4 over an Xbox was because it was more powerful.

Sony just had better games and Microsoft never had anything that made me want the console this time around.

cordy

Banned
Do you think Roman Reigns could get over as face just by changing is movies and behaviour?

They could book Reigns as a better face and by that they'd have to

- Stop having him get all the glory and accolades
- Stop putting him against heavily loved wrestlers
- Stop putting him in the main event scene and give him a midcard title
- Start putting other guys over him more
- Stop making him the guy.

Reigns can be booked as a better face. They just don't do it. Hell Sheamus got Reigns cheered in Chicago and this was because it was Sheamus, someone who they booked to be hated.

He wouldn't get over as a face but he'd be a better face than he is now. Styles COULD be a better heel than he is now if he did more things. If Styles himself said he could be a better heel that's the end of it.

And AJ Styles has tried to insult the fans, it hasn't worked....

When? All I see is fans chanting his name and Styles looking around as they chant his name as he says he's the best and that's why they chant it.
Could he try more? Sure I guess. Would it work... doubt it.

It has helped Owens, Neville, Jericho, Ambrose, Rollins, HBK, it's helped everybody in the book who's needed it. Styles isn't some special case where he's immune to Wrestling Psychology 101.
You seem unwilling to believe that sometimes there comes a guy who people just don't want to hate in exactly the same way there's guys people don't want to like.

Tons of guys have been awful heels that no one wanted to boo: Goldberg, Sting both turned heel in WCW know how well it worked? Yeah it didn't.

AJ Styles at this stage of his career is just not suited to be a heel.

Are you going against AJ's own words?

I mean he wrestled against Shane like a heel, he let Shane out mat wrestle him, he was the one who tried to cheat, tried to steal Shane's move to rub it in... did he get boo'd? Fuck no.

Dawg are you really using Styles wrestling Shane at WM33 infront of the mega-hardcore crowd as an excuse for your argument?
Maybe it's better to say he's a bad heel because he can't really be one. Much like Sting and Goldberg.

Styles is not, I can't stress this enough, is not acting like a heel as much as Neville, Owens, Jericho, Ambrose, as many heel guys you can name Styles just isn't doing what they're doing it. He's a bad heel because he's not doing what they do in there.

You can keep making excuses, going against AJ's own words and caping for him as much as you want but what you're doing is saying that he's impervious to improvement which he himself disagrees with.

Just say you're too much of a Styles fan that you disagree he can be better at something and go against his own words. This is ridiculous.

Wasn't Kurt awesome last night. It only made Foley all the more atrocious this last run. That was not the way I wanted Foley to go out, but man he was bad.

Wasn't Kurt awesome last night. It only made Foley all the more atrocious this last run.

Kurt highlighted in a couple of segments just how little Foley and his character contributed to the narrative. I love Foley, but the character was infuriating at times when I did pay attention. I hated his loud , passionate , soapbox speeches. Felt out of character to me.

jmdajr

Wasn't Kurt awesome last night. It only made Foley all the more atrocious this last run. That was not the way I wanted Foley to go out, but man he was bad.

The dude probably has CTE. I dare not make fun of the man. Let's hope he keeps it up there. What's left of it.

"Thats not how you spell soft" it was just so good. he actually carries some weight as a GM too.

Also No fn way AJ should cut his hair, he looked terrible with short hair.

Anth0ny

The reigns gimmick posters have taken over the mania thread

I don't have the energy to argue with them. It's useless when they brush off things like "ratings going down" or "wwe ships more roman merch than anyone else by a large margin"

I mean if you look at it, we like Styles because of his ability to work a match. If Styles takes away what it is fans like about him, then you can have them booing you. Neville can draw heat from teasing a jump to the outside or a red arrow and doing something else, Owens can draw heat by running off the ropes behind a dazed opponent and then stop and apply a rest hold.

If Styles takes away what it is fans love about him, he can be an effective heel.

Toki767

The reigns gimmick posters have taken over the mania thread

I don't have the energy to argue with them. It's useless when they brush off things like "ratings going down" or "wwe ships more roman merch than anyone else by a large margin"

It'll be locked tomorrow after Smackdown airs tonight anyway.

cordy

Banned
So Ryder is dating some check from tna

Downgrade tbh.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSKSoVeFtIm/?taken-by=chelseaagreen
I mean if you look at it, we like Styles because of his ability to work a match. If Styles takes away what it is fans like about him, then you can have them booing you. Neville can draw heat from teasing a jump to the outside or a red arrow and doing something else, Owens can draw heat by running off the ropes behind a dazed opponent and then stop and apply a rest hold.

If Styles takes away what it is fans love about him, he can be an effective heel.

The fact Styles himself said he needs to be a better heel should have been the end of it. I'm done with it. The moment it gets to a point when someone say "no I disagree with what he says about himself" is the moment I tap out. That's some super-fan shit that I want no part of.

Top Bottom