• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Zack and Emma broke up because they were on different shows*. Yet Nikki/Cena, Rennee/Ambrose get to stay on the same show.

*Source is
my ass

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah I'm not even reading the WrestleMania thread anymore. Too many posts from people who are 100 percent certain they know exactly how WWE works despite only tuning in for Mania season.

Even us wrestling nerds are willing to admit we don't know everything and things are often muddled with WWE, so it can be hard to get a good read. Considering the company it's self acts very flippantly with their own decisions and direction.

WWE tries to be everything to everyone, and that's why you get the weird amalgamation that currently makes up the product. It's all over the place.

Caderfix

Yeah I'm not even reading the WrestleMania thread anymore. Too many posts from people who are 100 percent certain they know exactly how WWE works despite only tuning in for Mania season.

I honestly believe they don't think that way, but choose to do so because are either trolls or extremely soured on "internet fans" to the point that they think confrontation and being close minded is the only way to "discuss".

Every now and then I quote them to try and have a discussion, but only until it becomes clear what type of poster they are. Some are hard to deal with but are not bad, others are just impossible.

The reigns gimmick posters have taken over the mania thread

I don't have the energy to argue with them. It's useless when they brush off things like "ratings going down" or "wwe ships more roman merch than anyone else by a large margin"
Usual suspects? Well most of them get put on ignore. Just as bad as wcw revisionists.

Kaladin

I honestly believe they don't think that way, but choose to do so because are either trolls or extremely soured on "internet fans" to the point that they think confrontation and being close minded is the only way to "discuss".

I read this as Vince McMahon talking to Roman Reigns after that opening segment of Raw.

I mean if you look at it, we like Styles because of his ability to work a match. If Styles takes away what it is fans like about him, then you can have them booing you. Neville can draw heat from teasing a jump to the outside or a red arrow and doing something else, Owens can draw heat by running off the ropes behind a dazed opponent and then stop and apply a rest hold.

If Styles takes away what it is fans love about him, he can be an effective heel.

That's what I think is funny. "Oh he's too entertaining, need to be not entertaining to get the right reaction"

Like you're making a TV show you carnies

Sephzilla

I brought this up in the Mania OT but I'll mention it here too.

I don't think Cena even at the height of Super Cena got so consistently shit on by fans as Roman does. Even during Cena at his worst you'd still get fairly pro-Cena crowds at times, smark crowds at times, and they were usually legitimately half and half crowds everywhere else. Roman gets booed everywhere now.

Mahonay

Banned

A couple of the people there are definitely just trying to russle peoples jimmies
There's this too. People being contrarian just because. Not actually contributing to logical discourse, just baiting and detailing. Typical annoying internet garbage posting.

Caderfix

I don't think Cena even at the height of Super Cena got so consistently shit on by fans as Roman does. Even during Cena at his worst you'd still get fairly pro-Cena crowds at times, smark crowds at times, and they were usually legitimately half and half crowds everywhere else. Roman gets booed everywhere now.

That is for sure, except for that one time in One Night Stand. Cena had the advantage of not only not having terrible scripted promos, but also he was over for some time before becoming super Cena.

Mizerman

Plus, Cena was stupid over prior to the whole Super Cena booking.

cordy

Banned
Cena and Reigns shouldn't be compared in terms of pushes because Cena's rise is a completely different situation. Reigns is like Lex Express Luger on steroids mixed with the actual length of Cena's push but with the hate of something beyond Cena's worst period. Idk if anyone will ever be as hated as Reigns is right now as a face. This is unreal and honestly historic. Make sure you tell your kids this in the future.

"I was there when Reigns was booed!"

Mahonay

Banned

I will say the kind of heat Roman has right now reminds of Cena at One Night Stand. But on a much larger scale.

RAW is at the Nassau Coliseum next week, so it could be just as crazy as last night.

Zach

What I'm going to do is go back to gaming side and see what's left for me; whether it'll be in this thread... whether it'll be out of this thread. I know that over the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile. And, and I know it doesn't mean a whole lot to everybody else, but it means a lot to me. So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy. But posting in WrassleGAF is all I've ever wanted to do and over the last year I got to do it. And whether you like me or not, I just want to tell you that last year was the most wonderful year of my life. And if I never do get to do it again, it'll be okay because I got to live one full year as being the number one guy in this thread and it was the single saddest year of my life. And I have Data West to thank, and I have everybody here to thank, and it means a lot to me and I'm gonna go to gaming side now. Okay?

Caderfix

Which is weird, since Roman is a way better worker at this point in his career than Cena was.

I've been bringing this up every now and then, but workrate is not the most important thing. Having a personality and being able to connect to the crowds/fans is, be it as a face or as a heel. Roman got the short end thanks to scripts and booking, maybe, if he was able to find his own direction, he could become something huge too. You never know until it happens.

Id like Roman so much more if they didnt overproduce his matches.

Super man punch is damn awful. He does good moves but they just feel so overly scripted and monotone.

I dont mind him beating Taker because Taker shouldnt be beating anybody. It hurts that he got to beat Bray who is always getting screwed over.

Roman is fun to watch because of the audience.

Unfortunately, I feel theyll just ride out the smark audience and get him back to his routine when the heat dies down to normal levels.

Sephzilla

What I'm going to do is go back to gaming side and see what's left for me; whether it'll be in this thread... whether it'll be out of this thread. I know that over the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile. And, and I know it doesn't mean a whole lot to everybody else, but it means a lot to me. So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy. But posting in WrassleGAF is all I've ever wanted to do and over the last year I got to do it. And whether you like me or not, I just want to tell you that last year was the most wonderful year of my life. And if I never do get to do it again, it'll be okay because I got to live one full year as being the number one guy in this thread and it was the single saddest year of my life. And I have Data West to thank, and I have everybody here to thank, and it means a lot to me and I'm gonna go to gaming side now. Okay?

GWF Observer said:
Speculation is running around that Zach's lost smile speech is in fact a ploy to get out of working with Menome at GWF3. More on this story as it develops.

:O

Kornflayx

giphy.gif

Caderfix

I saw Zach at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yelling "I DID IT!" really loudly.

Mahonay

Banned
In WWE personality matters significantly. It's why even though Cena was a bad worker at this point in his career, he was still over with a good portion of the audience.

Just look at Apollo Crews. An absolutely killer worker, and is ice fucking cold. No heat. Heels get cheered when they beat him up. Because his personality and character sucks.

The annoying this is Reigns does actually have personality there, but it's not suited for a top white meat baby face whatsoever.

jmdajr

4 years in (which is how long Reigns has been here) Cena was already on Raw.

Cena's first Wrestlamania was 20. In 21 he was fighting for the title. By 22, 23 he was already headlining.

So Reigns went from being a a stable in 29, 30...to headlining 3 in a row.

Kaladin

In WWE personality matters significantly. It's why even though Cena was a bad worker at this point in his career, he was still over with a good portion of the audience.

Just look at Apollo Crews. An absolutely killer worker, and is ice fucking cold. No heat. Heels get cheered when they beat him up. Because his personality and character sucks.

The annoying this is Reigns does actually have personality there, but it's not suited for a top baby face whatsoever.

No attempt at personality will be able salvage Roman after retiring the Undertaker. He's too far gone.

Toki767

Cena's first Wrestlamania was 20. In 21 he was fighting for the title. By 22, 23 he was already headlining.

So Reigns went from being a a stable in 29, 30...to headlining 3 in a row.

He came in in 2002. After WrestleMania 18. So he just had nothing for Mania 19.

Top Bottom