• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Which of your favs never got the strap brother? Hogan Golden era doesn't count. Ain't nobody getting shit then.

worm1dwicf.gif

I mean, to be fair, I would never expect him to but it still counts.

J-Rzez

And AJ Styles has tried to insult the fans, it hasn't worked....

I do vaguely remember him insulting the crowd a few times between words, looks given, and him trying to ignore them. This is a different type of fan now due to Attitude Era in part. AJ is an amazing talent both his physical capability and his mic skills. People respect that too much, and they know it's hard to get such talent these days.

They respect Styles. He's the man. Period. Reigns is no where near that level and people just are bored with him. Time for reigns to become a high-paid jobber he's to be.

XenoRaven

I think the long game here might be that someone is working in the shadows to ruin WWE by making Reigns the top guy and eventually Dave Meltzer will reveal that it's Rusev and Lana under orders from Putin.

Pikma

Banned
After Brock laid down the belt I was waiting for Braun to walk over it. A Brock/Braun hoss match would have been fucking lit. But then Braun walked off and it was stupid. My girlfriend, who for the record doesn't watch wrestling at all, sat down and watched some of it with me and saw that segment. When Braun walked off she said "well that was fucking stupid" and then went to grab some food.

So, I had a momentarily glimpse into why WWE can't retain casual fans
Apparently the narrative is that Braun has to go through Roman before facing Lesnar

Why a fucking heel respects someone's place in line I have no idea

Mahonay

Banned
WWE can't matain the casual fans is because wwe is a mediocre to bad for 90% of year.
Yup.

Smackdown is better now but RAW is what they present as their core product.

At the end of the day they produce bad TV on a weekly basis. No one who isn't already an existing WWE fan would have a reason to sit through 3 hours of mediocre to bad TV.

Zach

Rude never won the WWF title, and should've.

Good thing he went on to win the much more prestigious WCW International World Heavyweight Championship.

I'm sad because I think Rusev is never going to get the Gold. This is a tragedy.
I wonder, if Rusev and Lana were never together, would he be pushed to the moon. Vince seems to have a bone to pick with him about everything. First, his wife is too good looking for him, next his wife fucks up kayfabe, next he cuts his hair without permission. He can't catch a break.

Caderfix

I wonder, if Rusev and Lana were never together, would he be pushed to the moon. Vince seems to have a bone to pick with him about everything. First, his wife is too good looking for him, next his wife fucks up kayfabe, next he cuts his hair without permission. He can't catch a break.

Did Vince really have a problem with that?

Zach

Top 5 Who Never Got The Strap:

1) Arn
2) Jake The Snake
3) Ted Dibiase
4) Ken Shamrock
5) D'Lo Brown

Jake's another good one. But looking at the rest of your list, I'm surprised you didn't give The Patriot Del Wilkes an honorable mention. >_>

Barrage

Lol D'Lo.

I love him, but no.

There is a great little pocket of time, in October 1998, it's only a few days, when both the WWF and IC titles are vacated, and D'Lo Brown is the top ranked guy in the World's Number One Wrestling Organization as the European champion.

Barrage

Jake's another good one. But looking at the rest of your list, I'm surprised you didn't give The Patriot Del Wilkes an honorable mention. >_>

He's 12th!

In all honesty, Brian Pillman and Razor Ramon are in the top 5. But when do Shamrock and D'Lo get any credit?

Zabka

i'm fairly sure that Roman is top 5 in shirt sales in WWE

We are not the target audience. Roman Reigns is fine where he is. Wrestling wouldn't be any better if he wasn't around and your favorite wrestler wouldn't be the champion

Roman is the wrestling equivalent of the DC Cinematic Universe. Yeah they're making money but with all they've invested (protected for 5 years, main eventing three Manias in a row, years of booking built around making him the top guy) he should be completely dominating everyone in merch sales. He's Batman vs Superman when he should be The Avengers.

Mahonay

Banned
There is a great little pocket of time, in October 1998, it's only a few days, when both the WWF and IC titles are vacated, and D'Lo Brown is the top ranked guy in the World's Number One Wrestling Organization as the European champion.
Lol. YOU BETTA RECOGNIZE.

I do miss that wonderful head waggling man.

Top Bottom