• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Heroman

Banned
I'm sure there is still rampant drug usage in wwe today, especially with pain pils, working 200 + days a year will do that.

Sephzilla

The Broken gimmick is tied up in a legal issue right now and WWE wants the nostalgia run. If WWE does the Broken gimmick it will probably be a reboot of it so that they don't have to basically tell people to look up TNA YouTube videos to get backstory

cordy

Banned
DDP interview where he goes off and starts cursing.
Page then replied. "It was called a little venting. At the time Naitch and I did go through quite a bit of heat with each other." He said a few weeks after Flair's retirement, the two made up at a fan convention. Page reached out to him, re-introduced himself and shook his hand so they could start all over.

The host wanted to know how the Scott Steiner feud went down, and who was trying to rip whose eyes out. Page got a little fed up at this point.

"Hey monkey, monkey, yo monkey, who the hell do you think you're talking to? Monkey, who the hell do you think you're talking to? I'm Positively Page! You think I'm going to flame your garbage? Asshole! f--k you!"

The hosts laughed hysterically at the first part, seeming to think it was all a joke. Page dropped another F-bomb, and they quickly cut off the segment.

The hosts later came back on and said they were frozen when DDP yelled. They didn't seem to know whether Page was joking or not. One of the producers, Alison, jumped on and said Page continued yelling about the situation on the phone afterwards with her, and that he just wanted Le Batard to stop talking about it, because "he got what he wanted." She described him as "maniacal", but wasn't entirely sure if he was genuinely mad or not. Le Batard speculated that he was upset, and said the former wrestler should have known better to swear on Disney radio.

They then took a vote on whether Page was actually angry or joking, Alison described him as a "crazy person", Guillermo said he's never coming on the show again. Everyone believed he was legitimately angry.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19076963

22:00 mins in is when it gets good. Damn.
-

Hardbody Mahal should hook Baron Corbin up with his supplier.
20160815_raw_nevillemehal--5ae7491f0bbe8612db49bfa372259f8c.jpg

C8iVLJBXcAEnTbj.jpg

Nothing funny about someone legit trying to murder another. For a Disney radio show, you would think they would take responsibility for their own bullshit.

I honestly don't give a shit about that broken gimmick right now. When I do, I know that I can watch it on YouTube. I'm just happy to hear that damn theme and see that swanton bomb.

Cagey

Banned
The Broken gimmick is tied up in a legal issue right now and WWE wants the nostalgia run. If WWE does the Broken gimmick it will probably be a reboot of it so that they don't have to basically tell people to look up TNA YouTube videos to get backstory

No fan of sports entertainment on this planet is nostalgic for Matt Hardy of the Hardy Boyz. Matt Hardy doesn't even reminisce about Matt Hardy of the Hardy Boyz.

He best fracture himself fast or else it's The Jeff Hardy Nostalgia Tour with a fat hanger-on with bad hair.

Kaladin

Nothing funny about someone legit trying to murder another. For a Disney radio show, you would think they would take responsibility for their own bullshit.

Yeah......DDP went a bit off the rails there, but it's totally on the host for pushing things that were clearly making him upset to talk about on a "Disney radio show".

Alucard

Banned
there have been in the past, dunno how many now. one guy has a nick named after it.

i was listening regularly until the AWA episodes (didn't care), haven't checked back in since, but i probably will again.

heard they took a shit all over this year's mania though, which i can't really be bothered listening to, since i thought it was all right.

Aw man, I loved the AWA episodes. The Larry Nelson book readings and impressions of Vern were AAA stuff IMO.

Yeah, they didn't much enjoy Mania outside of Goldberg/Lesnar and AJ/Shane.

Sephzilla

No fan of sports entertainment on this planet is nostalgic for Matt Hardy of the Hardy Boyz. Matt Hardy doesn't even reminisce about Matt Hardy of the Hardy Boyz.

He best fracture himself fast or else it's The Jeff Hardy Nostalgia Tour with a fat hanger-on with bad hair.
You're not wrong lol.

Ideally maybe we'll see Broken Matt around SummerSlam

A colleague at work stopped me, knowing I'm a huge Wrestling fan, and asks: "Hey, what's this about the Hardy boys being back?"

Long story short, she hasn't watched since the attitude era and is going to binge watch the Broken Matt stuff tonight and watch Wrestlemania.

Sad, but true.

klonere

Banned
Btw if you have NJPWWorld I would highly recommend watching the main event of todays show. It was super entertaining, Ricochet shined bright.

Nekofrog

Banned
Can I just say how much I love this community thread now compared to when I stepped in like 2 years ago. It's so nice to not have to post amongst a sea of weird contrarian Eva Marie joke posts that I cry sometimes

But most of all I just want to say that I love each and every one of y-- ::hits blue with unprotected chair shot to the head 17 times::

STAY DOWN JAY-BRONE

Thank you all

Thats kinda what I always expected anyway.

They can do the nostalgia run for a few months, then break then up. Jeff is a proven solo draw in WWE. And Matt has a chance to be a twisted heel that builds of the Broken character.

Its not like the Dudley Boys who where never that successful in WWE when they went solo. Solo hardyz was a thing. Jeff can be Jeff. Matt can be Broken with a few small tweaks to avoid any legal bullshit.

jurgen

Matt has been liking tweets speculating that he'll be broken by Summerslam.

I imagine WWE is just waiting for all the legal ducks to be in a row to where they won't be on the hook for using another promotion's gimmick.

cordy

Banned
Potential SDL spoilers.
Apparently a camera crew asked people to do a "Ten Chant" as they recorded some people tonight before the doors opened.

Aiii

So not worth it
Tye Dillinger is going to fail so hard on the main roster and it makes me sad.

He is one of those guys that is nothing more than a chant Full Sail likes to do. Unless he suddenly sprouts a gimmick, he is screwed.

Potential SDL spoilers.
Apparently a camera crew asked people to do a "Ten Chant" as they recorded some people tonight before the doors opened.
I really hate that chant and that guy.

He is one of those guys that is nothing more than a chant Full Sail likes to do. Unless he suddenly sprouts a gimmick, he is screwed.
He looks incredibly stupid with that fucking collar thing and that haircut too.

Tagyhag

I agree, I've never seen the guy do anything amazing in the ring or promo-wise. It seems like he's only over due to his chant.

And how long is that going to keep him over for? Hopefully SD writing can help him.

Couldn't help Apollo but he was never over.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Yup. I really *really* don't get the hype.

Cagey

Banned
I respect Tye for getting over with a chant and a silly gimmick. I think he'll flop hard but I'm rooting for the dude.

But holy shit do I hate that "10!" gets chanted for every count during every countout.

Not his fault though.

Jamie OD

Before the 10 gimmick he was pretty much like CJ Parker/Juice Robinson, somebody the roster liked and rooted for far more than the audience did.

Top Bottom