• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

My launch PS3 started to overheat and turn off. I cracked it open and tried to fix it but I botched something along the way and couldn't get it back together working.

I've since got a slim that shouldn't have that issue.

Also, my PS4 is having the same issue the launch PS3 did. But now the Pro (and the new Slim) has an easy access fan that you can just pop the top off and clean it.
I'm reading your post thinking it's sf. Then I saw the ps4 and I knew something was wrong.

Fatty. I'm surprised it's pulling a Taker on longevity
Well damn, that's great.

So, like, what the fuck do we actually know about Scorpio? I feel out of the loop

It's a console that suits both 1080p and 4K better than the Pro accomodates the former.

It can easily 'remaster' current content in a matter of days to look and perform better and only use 50-70% of technical resources and that's without optimization efforts. See Forza pictures for some shit.

Mahonay

Banned
It's a console that suits both 1080p and 4K better than the Pro accomodates the former.

It can easily 'remaster' current content in a matter of days to look and perform better and only use 50-70% of technical resources and that's without optimization efforts. See Forza pictures for some shit.
Any idea on cost yet?

Toki767

It's literally Microsoft's version of a PS4 Pro.

Just more powerful because it's coming out a year later.

Sephzilla

And has a 4K bluray player? I was thinking about getting an XB1S but maybe i'll wait?

Kaladin

Netflix posted some images from their GLOW drama series.

glow0007.jpg

Rasslin'

glow0006.jpg

glow0002.jpg

Sephzilla

If the Scorpio is really pricey I'll probably pass on it and get an XB1S instead. I honestly don't play my XB1 that much as is. Did they give a release date?

Finally had time to watch Smackdown. Awesome show other than the boring main event that had an incredibly stupid ending.

Everyone was talking about Nakamura, but Tye Dillinger's debut felt a lot more impactful. It was pretty damn awesome.

Also that random Ambrose vs Corbin Street Fight match was actually pretty good!

Because he actually wrestled. The Nak thing was OK, but there was 0 fucking point to it. None. It was so damn random and I know someone will say "Yeah, but it's because he was stepping in to show Miz up!" which is just mental gymnastics.

Mahonay

Banned
Because he actually wrestled. The Nak thing was OK, but there was 0 fucking point to it. None. It was so damn random and I know someone will say "Yeah, but it's because he was stepping in to show Miz up!" which is just mental gymnastics.
Ok glad I'm not alone. It was cool to see him but it made zero fucking sense.

Mahonay

Banned
If the Scorpio is really pricey I'll probably pass on it and get an XB1S instead. I honestly don't play my XB1 that much as is. Did they give a release date?
Why would you get an XB1S if you already have an original XB1? It's not that much different.

I'd probably just wait to see what the Scorpio release date and price is.

cordy

Banned
I took the Nakamura debut as him taking Miz's superstar shine when Miz is doing his best work (as John Cena).

What I don't get is why Nakamura would do that, I mean idk why his character would do that.

Caderfix

I took the Nakamura debut as him saying Miz's superstar shine when Miz is doing his best work (as John Cena).

What I don't get is why Nakamura would do that, I mean idk why his character would do that.

Because the Vibe loves to have fun, Maggle. I love it.

Seriously though, he's coming to the main roster so it's like his character is starting over, like all the NXT stuff was just the Beta and NJPW doesn't mean a lot just like it didn't to AJ, now it's the introduction to the masses.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
With the Hardys back, who is left for the WWE to come back for the nostalgia tour? CM Punk? Rey Mysterio? One last run of RVD? Batista retirement tour?

jmdajr

With the Hardys back, who is left for the WWE to come back for the nostalgia tour? CM Punk? Rey Mysterio? One last run of RVD? Batista retirement tour?

Anyone can always come back. We have to separate it to eras really.

For sure the Attitude era well is gonna run dry soon.

jmdajr

It better not be, but honestly if you just want a 4K player, buying a standalone one will be a better option.

I can't stand more fucking clutter in my entertainment center. It's a mess as it is. But if you have a full blown theater with a rack, why not.

Caderfix

I only see Punk causing serious impact, Batista would be moderate while RVD and Mysterio would be Dudley's level. I don't see neither Batista nor Punk coming back.

Caspel

Anyone can always come back. We have to separate it eras really.

For sure the Attitude era well is gonna run dry soon.

I guess that's what I was getting at, Attitude era is running out of guys they can bring back for big surprises.

Bronx-Man

Banned
As much as that one company despises the old days of carny rasslin, in reality, behind-the-scenes, they may be the last major one left with the same mentality.
giphy.gif

I am so goddamn sick of how this company keeps trying to pass itself off like a serious corporation like the NFL of wrestling while keeping on doing the petty carny shit from 70's territories. Be A Star (but also bullying is pretty awesome btw!)

Mahonay

Banned
I can't stand more fucking clutter in my entertainment center. It's a mess as it is. But if you have a full blown theater with a rack, why not.
Buying an XB1S primarily for it's poor 4K blu ray player is a bad idea/waste of money.

Wait for the Scorpio or get a standalone player.

Anth0ny

lets be honest, they'll probably bring back the dudleys again and have hardys/dudleys/new team that doesn't matter TLC for the tag titles at mania next year.

It was a clear signifier that he's going to be a star, the context was Cena is leaving and here's Nak to take his place.

Caspel

lets be honest, they'll probably bring back the dudleys again and have hardys/dudleys/new team that doesn't matter TLC for the tag titles at mania next year.

I wish. Dudleyz run started out okay and then WWE seemed to be afraid to commit to them beyond having them enhance their younger talent.

Can't believe people actually thought the golden boy would leave Raw. This shakeup sounds like it's going to pretty much kill SDlive for me, it had such a good run.

Leedogg

So I need some advice:

So Ric Flair will be at a local festival later today, and they will be having a meet and greet (photo) with him. They are selling tickets for $40 to skip the line. I'm thinking about just going early and waiting in line. They already sold 200 advance tickets. How screwed am I, if I go and just wait for a two hour long meet and greet.

Caspel

They tried so hard with Kalisto and Sin Cara but they couldn't even reach the 'sell like hot cakes' attitude Rey's masks had.

If they want to sell masks, have Sami put on his El Generico mask for a small run. Or maybe I am over-estimating Sami. I hope Gran Metalik gets over. WWE should send Sin Cara or Kalisto to 205 Live to feud with Aries/Neville/Metalik/Cedric/Towaza/Swann.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Meltzer said he wouldn't be surprised if they just split Mania into two nights. 3 hour show each night so that people aren't burnt out by the 5th hour.

Now that WWE has basically made Mania into a 4 day event anyways with Hall of Fame, NXT, Mania and Raw after Mania (not to mention all the other shit happening at the same time), I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to milk the hardest of the hardcore even harder by making Mania a 2 night show.

Fuck that. Wrestlemania 35 should be in 3 different locations!!!

Each location gets 2 hours.

Top Bottom