• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

listening to clips from that Jericho Reigns podcast...

you know how everyone hated Cena but then we realized "hey he's actually a really cool guy outside the ring"?

Reigns is like the exact opposite, he sounds like the biggest piece of shit douchebag in the world
Thank you, I said pretty much the same thing the other day, finally something we can agree on!
General wrestling question - do you like "exploit the injury" matches? when a wrestler has an injury and the other wrestler just sticks to moves that hurt that area, do people like that? Is it entertaining to see someone constantly do leg or arm injuring moves almost exclusively for an entire match?
I've always thought those matches were really boring. I'm curious what others think.
Depends on how well it's worked and unfortunately it's not nearly as effective as it use to since everyone knows it's a work.

Kaladin

So I need some advice:

So Ric Flair will be at a local festival later today, and they will be having a meet and greet (photo) with him. They are selling tickets for $40 to skip the line. I'm thinking about just going early and waiting in line. They already sold 200 advance tickets. How screwed am I, if I go and just wait for a two hour long meet and greet.

They're selling advance tickets to "skip the line" and have already sold 200 of these line skipping tickets?

Fuck that noise.

Mahonay

Banned
So I need some advice:

So Ric Flair will be at a local festival later today, and they will be having a meet and greet (photo) with him. They are selling tickets for $40 to skip the line. I'm thinking about just going early and waiting in line. They already sold 200 advance tickets. How screwed am I, if I go and just wait for a two hour long meet and greet.
Sounds like some carney bullshit not worth your time.

jmdajr

So I need some advice:

If money is no object, I'd pay the 40 bucks.

edit: oh wait what? lol!

If they want to sell masks, have Sami put on his El Generico mask for a small run. Or maybe I am over-estimating Sami. I hope Gran Metalik gets over. WWE should send Sin Cara or Kalisto to 205 Live to feud with Aries/Neville/Metalik/Cedric/Towaza/Swann.
You're overestimating Sami.

Not going into the WWE as El Generico was the best thing to happen to him even if some people disagree with that.

Tom Nook

So I need some advice:

You think waiting in line with 200 people in front of you will take less than 2 hours?

That's how it works right?

Leedogg

They're selling advance tickets to "skip the line" and have already sold 200 of these line skipping tickets?

Fuck that noise.

Yep and they are selling an additional 100 today, but I live in Flair Country. (South Carolina) People are crazy about him around here.

Mahonay

Banned
Yep and they are selling an additional 100 today, but I live in Flair Country. (South Carolina) People are crazy about him around here.
Yeah fuck that. Sounds like if you go with out paying, you'll be waiting for hours upon hours, and might not even get a photo.

There's better things to do with your time than to grovel for a shitty meet and greet.

Guess who

Zk7rVIE.png

jmdajr

I guess Cena still doesn't want kids.

Hopefully Miz and Maryse document it when they have theirs and shoot some more.

Caderfix

Sami is a job guy at Raw.

El Generico is main eventing PPVs and putting on 5-star classics on SDL.

Then he takes off the mask revealing it was Sami all along. That would be the perfect way for Vince to show that RAW's Yamcha can defeat the entire SDL roster.

So I need some advice:

$40 seems like a steal. Hogan was appearing at a Vegas memorabilia shop a few years ago (the one Pete Rose frequents) and they wanted like $250 for a picture and autograph. I ended up just staring at him through the window like a mark.

Mahonay

Banned
$40 seems like a steal. Hogan was appearing at a Vegas memorabilia shop a few years ago (the one Pete Rose frequents) and they wanted like $250 for a picture and autograph. I ended up just staring at him through the window like a mark.
The fuck.

On principle I don't think I'd ever pay for a photo or autograph from any celebrity. Feels so scammy.

I met Mic Foley once, he was signing one of his books for free at a Phillies game like 11 years ago. I didn't have anything for him to sign or want a book, he just chatted with me for like 15 minutes. There was only a couple people around the table at the moment.

cordy

Banned
Because the Vibe loves to have fun, Maggle. I love it.

Seriously though, he's coming to the main roster so it's like his character is starting over, like all the NXT stuff was just the Beta and NJPW doesn't mean a lot just like it didn't to AJ, now it's the introduction to the masses.

I can see it now...

Shinsuke's main roster character will be a charismatic guy who wants to bask in the spotlight who just so happens to be one of the best wrestlers on the planet. The King of Strong Style portion of his character will be overshadowed by his charisma. When he goes for the world title he'll say "I want the shine of THAT now!"

tenor.gif

Top Bottom