• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Yeah, people are gonna definitely bitch about Roman. Was the match bad on TV? Maybe I just got caught up in the moment and spectacle, but I thought it was pretty decent - better than HHH vs Roman at least. You could tell Taker gave everything he had left and more. That damn super spear finisher was the fucking worst though.

And yeah, Bray/Orton II sucked. From my perspective, it was the only bad match on the card. Women's fatal four way seemed off too.

AJ could make Zach look good in the ring.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, people are gonna definitely bitch about Roman. Was the match bad on TV? Maybe I just got caught up in the moment and spectacle, but I thought it was pretty decent - better than HHH vs Roman at least. You could tell Taker gave everything he had left and more. That damn super spear finisher was the fucking worst though.

And yeah, Bray/Orton II sucked. From my perspective, it was the only bad match on the card. Women's fatal four way seemed off too.

Roman v Taker? it was abysmal, mostly because of Taker really, who should have retired like 5 years ago

Mahonay

Banned

I cringed through most of Taker vs Roman. It was hard for me to watch.

320px-WWFRoyalRumble_title.png

Even though Taker/Roman was not pretty and obviously a tough match to watch, I was still more interested during that match than I was during HHH/Seth. Holy shit, that was dull.

Song is fine for the first 2 minutes but then it just loops and goes absolutely nowhere.

Like the vast majority of CFO$ songs but I'm pretty sure they are designed to be that way
Yeah my main issue with CFO$ is this. Even their GOAT themes like Roode, Nakamura and Balor are barely 2 minutes of music which is considerably noticeably given all three of them have entrances that can go four minutes or more.

God damn this game broke my heart.

I was so hype when I saw there was a WWF game for Dreamcast. Can't believe I bought that piece of shit.
I remember being in awe because it was in our arcade. Shit was a buck to play and it's not like you were very successful at playing it tbh. My goal was to purchase a DC just to buy this and attitude. I'm still going to.

Toki767

The DC game was the one with like 10 wrestlers in the ring at the same thing for the Rumble right?

I was thinking that was really cool back in the day.

My picks for best twitter feuds

revival vs young bucks

sasha vs dave meltzer

kevin owens vs everyone
Sasha vs Meltz is hilarious because the dude compliments her all the time and has said she's his favorite female wrestler in America but she's always like 'who the fuck is this dude'.

Mahonay

Banned
The DC game was the one with like 10 wrestlers in the ring at the same thing for the Rumble right?

I was thinking that was really cool back in the day.
It had 19 total wrestlers and TWO MODES. Exhibition and Royal Rumble.

That's it. The game had nothing else.

cordy

Banned
Backstage reactions from last year's Draft, from the newest episode of Total Divas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/63scg9/backstage_reactions_during_last_years_draft/

Ambrose getting that Top Guy money. Bet you anything he knew he was getting picked early tho.

I so badly want to see Jinder in the ring ranting this and calling anyone out, and then you hear THIS

LMFAO

What I'm most surprised about is the fact Jinder's actually getting a push lately. Maybe they're impressed by his look and wanna do something with him.

klonere

Banned
Ambrose getting that Top Guy money. Bet you anything he knew he was getting picked early tho.

LMFAO

What I'm most surprised about is the fact Jinder's actually getting a push lately. Maybe they're impressed by his look and wanna do something with him.

When you juice that hard for Vince he's gonna do something for you

Oh Triple H.

It's twice now that he's tried putting his boys over in a great match and it's twice now that he's failed.

Watch him try to feud with Ambrose again now because they had an actual good match together.

crpav

God damn this game broke my heart.

I was so hype when I saw there was a WWF game for Dreamcast. Can't believe I bought that piece of shit.

Woah woah woah, I kind of liked it. Sure it was short on features and got boring fast but but well I liked it enough.

klonere

Banned
This is the first time I'm going to be able to watch a live Dragon Gate show tomorrow morning.

I'm SO excited. This is my Wrestlemania!

jmdajr

Oh Triple H.

It's twice now that he's tried putting his boys over in a great match and it's twice now that he's failed.

Watch him try to feud with Ambrose again now because they had an actual good match together.

Remember when Evolution put over the Shield twice?

And then they broke up?

Oh Triple H.

For a 25 minute unsanctioned match, it had shockingly few shenanigans or smoke and mirrors. Did they even use the sledgehammer outside of teasing it?

There was definitely some hubris going on there on Triple H's part to not involve Joe and Balor in the match.

cordy

Banned
- Ric Flair is no longer doing podcasts because he got heat with WWE for recent comments about how Finn Balor will never main event at Wrestlemania because of his size. Flair got a lot of heat for that comment and he doesn't want to say anything that will jeopardize his daughter Charlotte's position in the company.

Trips putting his boys over his idol. Damn.

When you juice that hard for Vince he's gonna do something for you

Maybe they're hoping he explodes in the middle of a match like a sci-fi villain.

For a 25 minute unsanctioned match, it had shockingly few shenanigans or smoke and mirrors. Did they even use the sledgehammer outside of teasing it?

There was definitely some hubris going on there on Triple H's part to not involve Joe and Balor in the match.
Yeah, I think my main problem with the match was that I was so disappointed. I worked myself into expecting at least a Joe run-in and maybe even a Finn run-in.

Instead we got Seth repeatedly jumping between overselling his knee and then acting like it didn't even bother him, Triple H occasionally trying to be a technical wrestler and other slow spots that the crowd didn't care for.

The last five minutes were good but that still leaves twenty minutes of boring ass action.

jmdajr

There was almost no fuckery in any of the Mania matches this year

This is a good thing no?

That's one thing I kind of hate about the old school era. Bullshit countouts and DQs. I know you need them to keep people from losing, but at Mania shit should be settled.

PAYBACK!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me laugh that "face that runs the place" still pulls up Cena on Google when AJ has pushed that line way harder than Cena ever did.

jmdajr

Out of curiosity, how did everyone here on WrassleGaf feel on the choice to break the Shield up during what was arguably their hottest moment as a team by beating Evolution for a second time.

I think most of us thought it was fucking stupid. I mean we marked at the moment, but terrible idea overall.

cordy

Banned
Good, honestly. Other WWE stars and the company it's self burying current talent has been a problem for over 10 years.

Yep I completely agree.

And that HHH/Rollins match was disappointing. Austin/Keller talked about it on Austin's WM review and when I tell you that they were spot on, I mean it. That match didn't do much for Rollins and this was supposed to make him but in the end it looked like a regular ppv match. Even that whole torch thing didn't work because Rollins wasn't "burning down the kindom", HHH didn't look like a king so it doesn't line up. Austin cracked me up at one point when he was saying HHH was still trying to be the badass even though Rollins is supposed to rise up and beat him.

"It ain't time to the be the badass anymore, you just rode out on a trike!"

I keep telling myself I don't have time to listen to Jericho's podcast yet I listen to The Lapsed Fan every week. I should try to fit that back into my rotation. Do you still have to skip the first 10 minutes or so?

cordy

Banned
I keep telling myself I don't have time to listen to Jericho's podcast yet I listen to The Lapsed Fan every week. I should try to fit that back into my rotation. Do you still have to skip the first 10 minutes or so?

Listened to the Reigns one last night and only skipped a few mins but it was entertaining.

jmdajr

Yep I completely agree.

And that HHH/Rollins match was disappointing. Austin/Keller talked about it on Austin's WM review and when I tell you that they were spot on, I mean it. That match didn't do much for Rollins and this was supposed to make him but in the end it looked like a regular ppv match. Even that whole torch thing didn't work because Rollins wasn't "burning down the kindom", HHH didn't look like a king so it doesn't line up. Austin cracked me up at one point when he was saying HHH was still trying to be the badass even though Rollins is supposed to rise up and beat him.

"It ain't time to the be the badass anymore, you just rode out on a trike!"

My translation since I heard the same thing and that's not what he said.

"Rollins entrance was fucking lame."

My translation since I heard the same thing.

"Rollins entrance was fucking lame."

Should've used Kane's pyro. ANY pyro really

Also UNSANCTIONED, UNARMED, UNCENSORED felt like a perfect setup for Seth Rollins to use the Curb Stomp to win, that would've been exciting. Sponsors and all, so I get it, but still.

Top Bottom