• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

is that a legit KO? why were they boxing?
It was the Brawl for All..

It was an idea by Russo to have actual legit shoot fighting. The whole purpose of it was to get over "Dr Death" Steve Williams, one of JR's best friends. It was supposed to get Williams over so He and Austin could have a feud..

It didn't work out that way..

Tagyhag

And this woman is supposed to be a big scary monster

Good on her

"Hey, Nia is a really good person and it would be cool to have a strong face that also shows body positivity to our viewers."

"NO, LOOK HOW BIG SHE IS DAMN IT, SHE'S A MONSTER HEEL. CFO$, GIVE HER A SHITTY THEME THAT DOESN'T GO WITH HER HEEL GIMMICK"

Bronx-Man

Banned
The weirdest part for Brawl for All is that iirc, Butterball was totally willing to job to Bart Gunn. Vince & co. demanded it be a shoot fight though.

Toki767

That Brawl for All was both the best and worst thing the WWE ever did.

All the people who thought were tough in real life got knocked out in a few punches.

Heroman

Banned
Nia rules and deserved the Mania win
Good one
mr-burns-laughing.gif

The weirdest part for Brawl for All is that iirc, Butterball was totally willing to job to Bart Gunn. Vince & co. demanded it be a shoot fight though.
Yeah.. the only condition was that Bart couldn't shoot on Butterbean..

I don't get why they just didn't tell everyone to fight for real but lay down for Williams like they wanted or something instead they got zero out of it and fucked up Williams after that.

So dumb

:jnc

Deserved is a bit strong but I wouldn't have minded. Especially how weird that match was. Nia lost to THE GODDAMN NUMBERS GAME. Sasha lost to a turnbuckle. Charlotte lost to the 4th coming of the Ghost of Randy Savage.
Horribly booked match all around. If you were going to have Bayley win the belt, do it at Mania. Instead it happens at a c-tier PPV, ratings the immediate next few hours she opens plummet, and she retains on a random move. Yay???? fans say as deflated tube men struggle to rise in the background

Nia is the only one in that division who has never had a title run and I'd argue is the only one there who could still benefit from one

Zach

- The Brawl for All was amazing to watch. Everyone should watch it. Just insane.

- Heroman, stop posting that gif.

- Sweeney Tom, I challenge you to a death match.

Majukun

It's annoying but it's super great to see Nia still having a positive effect on people despite her shitty booking.

well,the face in wwe's booking is usually the one that must overcome the odds..nd it's kind of difficult to imagine Nia as the underdog against the other women of the roster..it's not like in the men's division where even if you are big,there are people at least as big as you that can play the role of the obstacle..nia looks like someone that can run through the whole women division

Horribly booked match all around. If you were going to have Bayley win the belt, do it at Mania. Instead it happens at a c-tier PPV, ratings the immediate next few hours she opens plummet, and she retains on a random move. Yay???? fans say as deflated tube men struggle to rise in the background

Nia is the only one in that division who has never had a title run and I'd argue is the only one there who could still benefit from one

There is another

tumblr_o10c1d1x6p1rmv1vdo1_400.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
God I miss the women being down in NXT. Watching Bayley, Sasha, Becky, & Charlotte tear it up every week felt special. It felt like you were watching some kickass indie band that only you and your friends knew about and Brooklyn was their biggest show yet.

Then everything went downhill from there.

They thought that butterball was just some trucker who fought in his spare time so they underestimated him but they wanted Bart to really lay in to him.

There's a lot of rumour and shit about it but Bruce explains it all

http://podtail.com/podcast/something-to-wrestle-with-bruce-prichard/episode-6-brawl-for-all/

Her entrance on monday was a wonderful thing, having it at the RAM was nice too so she got a solid pop

Hope Emma gets to do more than 2 minute long tag matches

I will say, she needs more than "it's about me!"
The thing that annoyed me was seeing the show live, about ten minutes prior to her coming out during commercial, a random graphic on the entrance ramp floor said Emma so her surprise appearance was ruined.

I was able to grab Takeover tickets earlier

The presale shit is so lame. They release a bunch of tickets that aren't really what you're looking for but you can pick your seat. If you wait until it's actually on sale it's whatever random seat Ticketmaster spits out for you

Last several times I've gone I've tried to get as close as possible. Was originally planning on getting as baller seats as possible for Takeover (since it's a bit cheaper than regular WWE events) but I just went for a nicer elevated view. It's fun being close but unless you are like....real close you aren't going to have a great view (which is why it's almost better to get those kind of seats for a Raw vs. something that will actually have solid match quality)

Plus I have second row for Evolve earlier that day so whatever

Rimfya

Banned
So the RAW title scene gets more congested and the tag team division on SDL will be forced to exist.

Raw has such an awesome line up of men's singles talent, shame if they're continually mishandled.

Top Bottom