• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

so whats Payback looking like if Brock isnt on it?

Roman v Braun
Neville v Aeris
Hardys v Shaemus / Cesaro
Bayley v Heel Sasha maybe?
KO/Joe v Seth/Balor

well I guess that's not taking into account the draft... so if Roman fucks off, no Braun, so add some random AJ match in there?

That tag match isn't happening. It'll be Joe vs. Rollins and Owens against either Jericho or Balor.

What was he saying at the HoF?

I'm with everyone here that JBL needs to go, but I fear that Vince will make him a road agent, or something else.

He was going on about how hard a time African Americans have/had when they were inducting Teddy. A bunch of stuff about the importance of supporting diversity, etc.

The content of the speech would've been fine coming from someone who isn't spouting disgraceful stuff constantly.

The_Shepherd

Neo Member
I've lurked here for awhile and based on all of the good things you guys have said about LU I decided to start watching it on Netflix. I'm 10 episodes in and it's certainly interesting. It's good enough that I'll probably keep watching. Some of the stuff like the back stage segments and some of the wrestling is really good. Prince Puma, Johnny Nitro, and Fenix so far have been pretty consistent in putting on matches I've liked. Dario, Big Rick and Mil Muertes are also pretty good.

The main thing that I hate is how often guys will just stand in the same spot and watch another wrestler have to get into place to do some move. Half the time the wrestler standing doesn't even look like they're in any pain. I mean I get this all is scripted but it looks really fake and makes the wrestlers look stupid. Just step to the left!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Has Aleister Black had any history with Drew McIntyre or Balor? I could see the WWE keeping Black's gimmick for the main roster to feud with Balor and Wyatt for "supernatural" shit.

I wonder what Russia will do if they have confirmed dead at that base?
World%20War%203_courtesy%20WWE%5B2%5D.jpg

Heroman

Banned
I've lurked here for awhile and based on all of the good things you guys have said about LU I decided to start watching it on Netflix. I'm 10 episodes in and it's certainly interesting. It's good enough that I'll probably keep watching. Some of the stuff like the back stage segments and some of the wrestling is really good. Prince Puma, Johnny Nitro, and Fenix so far have been pretty consistent in putting on matches I've liked. Dario, Big Rick and Mil Muertes are also pretty good.

The main thing that I hate is how often guys will just stand in the same spot and watch another wrestler have to get into place to do some move. Half the time the wrestler standing doesn't even look like they're in any pain. I mean I get this all is scripted but it looks really fake and makes the wrestlers look stupid. Just step to the left!
Who would catch them?

Anth0ny

so whats Payback looking like if Brock isnt on it?

Roman v Braun
Neville v Aeris
Hardys v Shaemus / Cesaro
Bayley v Heel Sasha maybe?
KO/Joe v Seth/Balor

well I guess that's not taking into account the draft... so if Roman fucks off, no Braun, so add some random AJ match in there?

hard to say before the draft happens

but if I had to guess... mania rematches and lots of them. then KO/Joe v Seth/Balor and Roman/Braun which are the two house show programs atm.

Also, I watched Flair vs Windham from Feb 1986.

Definitely feel like this is one of those matches where you had to be there to appreciate it. Shit went 45 minutes and wasn't nearly as exciting or satisfying as any of the 3 Japanese 5 star matches I watched so far.

Just goes to show how much the Japanese style has influenced what many perceive to be a great match in 2017 versus the old school, slower paced NWA style of the early 80s. Tiger Mask II vs. Kobayashi holds up... Flair/Windham not so much.

Up next... we got a tag team match playa. Butch Miller/Luke Williams vs. Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers from April 1986. I ain't never even heard of any of these mother fuckers! Lets see how they fare.

Zach

I was briefly playing Horizon Zero Dawn earlier because the kid was writing a paper so no Zeldo. And then I was tracking down my neighbor's dog that got out because I'm a saint. Now I'm going to sleep. See you on Thunder.

I was briefly playing Horizon Zero Dawn earlier because the kid was writing a paper so no Zeldo. And then I was tracking down my neighbor's dog that got out because I'm a saint. Now I'm going to sleep. See you on Thunder.
You aren't staying up all night to watch wwe network!? Weaksauce.

Owensisnow, what's up brother.

Zach is actually playing Zelda* these days, OwensIsNow.

*or Zeldor, as he calls it. What is with old people?
Shut up, jabronie.
I was briefly playing Heavy Rain earlier because the kid was writing a paper so no Life is Strange. And then I was tracking down my neighbor's dog that got out because I'm a greedy man that expected rewards in return. Now I'm going to sleep. See you on Thunder.
See?
Owensisnow, what's up brother.
Oh shit, wrong account.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wish I could watch LU :(

Stupid regional Netflix.

Top Bottom